Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
That fugger would just keep sitting on that stupid bench in the middle of the sidewalk in protest.

Where did Dale go anyway? I'm going to be on my deathbed at 106 someday, satisfied in general but still furious that I never got an explanation of that bench across the sidewalk.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I mentioned this before, but I literally broke my TV by throwing the remote thru it when the ESPN ticker showed his hiring the Sunday morning after fsu. That's how bad I knew we were screwed by hiring this idiot.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
@ltraz - I’ve been of the opinion that the Oklahoma move to the SEC makes Lincoln Riley in play for reasons similar to the Mike Gundy comparisons. Meaning, OU may become Auburn at best in the SEC with a worse recruiting platform when Texas and aTm are also in the SEC.

If he absolutely craves being in the best situation to get to playoffs,doesn’t he see Florida giving him the better shot. You always have interesting perspectives on these coaches, so do you think if we went Jimbo level pay, take LR from 4th highest paid to the top around $11 million/year that we could have a shot?

My inclination is you inquire there first, and as secretively as possible before making a move on Mullen. He is one of the few without Sexton as his agent. LR’s is Bob Lamont, so a call doesn’t automatically tip off Mullen’s agent - Sexton.

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
@ltraz - I’ve been of the opinion that the Oklahoma move to the SEC makes Lincoln Riley in play for reasons similar to the Mike Gundy comparisons. Meaning, OU may become Auburn at best in the SEC with a worse recruiting platform when Texas and aTm are also in the SEC.

If he absolutely craves being in the best situation to get to playoffs,doesn’t he see Florida giving him the better shot. You always have interesting perspectives on these coaches, so do you think if we went Jimbo level pay, take LR from 4th highest paid to the top around $11 million/year that we could have a shot?

My inclination is you inquire there first, and as secretively as possible before making a move on Mullen. He is one of the few without Sexton as his agent. LR’s is Bob Lamont, so a call doesn’t automatically tip off Mullen’s agent - Sexton.
Can he put together a defense to go along with his spectacular offense? Haven't seen it at OU so far.

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
Can he put together a defense to go along with his spectacular offense? Haven't seen it at OU so far.

Plus, he has already shown a willingness (twice I believe) to fire underperforming DC"s and try to find the best option available to make the upgrade. It's an incredible longshot, but I absolutely believe there are some reasons it makes sense and Florida should swing for the fences.

Edit - Yep, he fired Mike Stoops, the brother of the guy who gave him the job, mid-season. Then, he replaced the next guy with one of the top DC's at the time Alex Grinch.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love Riley to UF. Would literally bust a nut. But there's no way it would happen. We need to accept the reality that UF isn't the job it once was bc our UA doesn't prioritize football exceptionalism. We jettison strick and Fuchs and get folks in there that want to win and win badly and we are instant top 5 program again. But absent that, we are a upper end but non elite program. OU is light-years more committed to football and winning compared to us. I don't see top coaches coming here for that reason. They all know the deal with these beta soy woke amateurs in the front office.

Egor's Assistant

SAVE CHATTER Lower Expectations.
Lifetime Member
Nov 3, 2017
They say you have to hit rock bottom before you can really change. Bottoming out with Dan and Todd has got to be the lowest low after a rapid continuous decline with the other bozoes. Dead Cat bounce here we come!

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I'd love Riley to UF. Would literally bust a nut. But there's no way it would happen. We need to accept the reality that UF isn't the job it once was bc our UA doesn't prioritize football exceptionalism. We jettison strick and Fuchs and get folks in there that want to win and win badly and we are instant top 5 program again. But absent that, we are a upper end but non elite program. OU is light-years more committed to football and winning compared to us. I don't see top coaches coming here for that reason. They all know the deal with these beta soy woke amateurs in the front office.
sad-frown.gif

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love Riley to UF. Would literally bust a nut. But there's no way it would happen. .
If we are in OKie looking for an HC and Fooley and Mundee Mornin are doing it, then it will be at NE Okie State. Historically they buy half price or less and then OVER pay QUICKLY as soon as a guy wins two games in a row to pretend they found another diamond in the rough.

Lincoln Riley, Joe Brady and Ryan Day are not the only hot young OCs in the country.

Or even Dabo I guess if you go back farther. (Think he was actually PGC and QB).

I dont know all these things, bit a committee with SOS, Shane Matthew and others could make an intelligent assessment as to whonthe jext hot shot is.

If you send Mundee out he will.come back with another guy who has finished 50-100th most of the time again. Dont send a bad baseball player (or two) to make an incredibly important decision.

You notice no NFL fell for the BS from either Hunchback or Fat Dwag.... bc they have football people reviewing the scouting and asking the questions.

Last edited:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's not scared to fire his buddies either. He sent one of the Stoops brothers packing. I think Oklahoma has some of the best facilities out there though. The only way he comes to Florida is if he leaves ou for an NFL job, washes out there then comes back to college.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If we are in OKie looking for an HC and Fooley and Mundee Mornin are doing it, then it will be at NE Okie State. Historically they buy half price or less and then OVER pay QUICKLY as soon as a guy wins two games in a row to pretend they found another diamond in the rough.

Lincoln Riley, Joe Brady and Ryan Day are not the only hot young OCs in the country.

Or even Dabo I guess if you go back farther. (Think he was actually PGC and QB).

I dont know all these things, bit a committee with SOS, Shane Matthew and others could make an intelligent assessment as to whonthe jext hot shot is.

If you send Mundee out he will.come back with another guy who has finished 50-100th most of the time again. Dont send a bad baseball player (or two) to make an incredibly important decision.

You notice no NFL fell for the BS from either Hunchback or Fat Dwag.... bc they have football people reviewing the scouting and asking the questions.
Freaking spurrier told usce to hire muschamp. I might would listen to Shane though. On the radio, atleast back when I used to listen to his show. He seemed like he was in the same boat as some of us as to wanting an oc/qb coach with a downfield passing attack as a hc. He damn sure wasn't a fan of the Mullen hire. Said it was his "style" of offense.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
Can we even go after a top name at this point?

You guys are throwing around names that I don’t believe will ever come to UF. The stench of the last three is overwhelming. The brand is tarnished. Facilities, when/if completed, will still be 10 years behind the rest of the SEC. Our admin is a joke. There has been zero support for NIL inside the University. The student culture doesn't support shyt. Fu(k me I am so pissed off and disillusioned.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Freaking spurrier told usce to hire muschamp. I might would listen to Shane though. On the radio, atleast back when I used to listen to his show. He seemed like he was in the same boat as some of us as to wanting an oc/qb coach with a downfield passing attack as a hc. He damn sure wasn't a fan of the Mullen hire. Said it was his "style" of offense.

We’d have to really be careful though. He could be just promoting a name that gets him kickbacks in cigarettes and those sticky buns they sell in the commissary.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we are talking (wishful thinking) NFL OC's other than Joe Brady that might be worth a look:

Kellen Moore (Cowboys), watch his game plans last and this year... last year no Dak made the red rifle and ben denucci servicable

Brian Daboll (Bills) see what he has done with Josh Allen

Josh McDaniels (Patriots) Tom Brady and say what you will but Mac Jones is servicable

Eric Bieniemy (Chiefs) do I really need to explain

Joe Lombardi (Chargers) games plans this year have been good

Bryon Leftwich (Buccanneers) done a solid job,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.