Who should Mullen's replacement be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Someone asked Mullen if he could run the program like the Oklahoma coach, and so he booked a five-day cruise on a boat named the Life of Riley.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
And now I know I will never have your undivided attention.

Anytime I've seen him interviewed or speaking at a press conference, or hell, just by the way he carried himself, you could tell he was an arrogant prick who thinks he's always the smartest guy in the room. He not only got lucky with Donovan, but he got lucky that Machen was the UF president when Zook got canned. Fooley clearly had his marching orders from above; had he been left to his own devices he would have dicked around and Urbs would have ended up at ND. Instead, he ended up with undeserved credit in many quarters for that hire too.

Agreed

Very similar to how Bill Arnsbarger somehow gets credit for hiring Spurrier. He had no choice since the booster community (back when boosters had influence) forced him to move on SOS.
Had Arnsbarger been allowed to make the hire himself we would have had Mike Archer as our coach and we would still be saying “wait’til next year” looking for our first SEC championship.

Zodiac

Jul 19, 2016
Lincoln Riley reminds me of that kick returner that used to play for Alabama. He sure could run. One time he took one for a touchdown and he just kept on going all the way into the tunnel. Wish I could remember his name.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
My top five would be

Joe Brady
Kellen Moore
Brent Venables
Luke Fickel
Eric Bieniemy
Fickel makes Muschump look like a good HC. You have to look at the ingredients to see what you are getting. Some of you people are fuchsing morons.

Luckily USCw appears to be planning on ensuring their continued irrelevance with Fickel.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Who should go first Strickland or Mullen? I don't think it would be wise to can both and replace both at the same time. Since we have covered many coaching names, who should the AD replacement be? Anyone have a pulse on up and coming or rock star ADs?

The search could start with the three AD’s that turned us down five years ago because Fooley was staying in the department.

In other words, the search should start with the removal of Fooley from the building.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Kellen Moore? Dude has zero HBC experience and a total unknown on the recruiting trail. Are you a cowboy fan?

Have you seen the offense he is running in Dallas, while I agree with your questions. Anyone that we are going to get is going to have question marks. I rather get a bright offensive mind with question marks, than a jabornie that is going run out the clock with question marks. What quarterback, Reciever, TE or Running Back wouldn't want to play in that offense?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Have you seen the offense he is running in Dallas, while I agree with your questions. Anyone that we are going to get is going to have question marks. I rather get a bright offensive mind with question marks, than a jabornie that is going run out the clock with question marks. What quarterback, Reciever, TE or Running Back wouldn't want to play in that offense?

There is one giant qualification for the next coach and that's that it has to be someone the fanbase is at least 75% on board with so that the moment things hit a bump, he doesn't lose them all. This is going to be a longer than hoped for rebuild, because while some of us thought we were going to slowly get back to where we needed to be, and even looked that way a few times, the fact is we probably slid further. Point being, a young energetic coach is an absolute must. There has to be adequate reason to believe this person will take us back. Any tired, retread or polarizing figure and we may as well merge campuses with Knoxville and talk to them about that shade of orange.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There is one giant qualification for the next coach and that's that it has to be someone the fanbase is at least 75% on board with so that the moment things hit a bump, he doesn't lose them all. This is going to be a longer than hoped for rebuild, because while some of us thought we were going to slowly get back to where we needed to be, and even looked that way a few times, the fact is we probably slid further. Point being, a young energetic coach is an absolute must. There has to be adequate reason to believe this person will take us back. Any tired, retread or polarizing figure and we may as well merge campuses with Knoxville and talk to them about that shade of orange.

So Kellen Moore is too old at 33? Any new coach outside a favorite son (former player)... the first month will be huge, along with press conferences where he isn't a complete douche canoe. But give an exciting offense will go along the way.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
So Kellen Moore is too old at 33? Any new coach outside a favorite son (former player)... the first month will be huge, along with press conferences where he isn't a complete douche canoe. But give an exciting offense will go along the way.

Of course not. I never said that. I was more or less endorsing the move, or something similar.

I thought you didn't drink?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Of course not. I never said that. I was more or less endorsing the move, or something similar.

I thought you didn't drink?

I just assumed you were opening the door for Doug Pederson... but know you would like the move, at the very least for him to leave Dallas and put the offense in McCarthy's hands.

Last edited:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I just assumed you were opening the door for Doug Peterson... but know you would like the move, at the very least for him to leave Dallas and put the offense in McCarthy's hands.

First of all, I don't care for professional sports.

Secondly, you keep misspelling Doug's name. It's Pederson. Now, I could follow the trends here and go with a "your wife/sister/mother" joke about putting a "d" in it, but as always, I will take the high road. Just how I was raised.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
. Now, I could follow the trends here and go with a "your wife/sister/mother" joke about putting a "d" in it, but as always, I will take the high road. Just how I was raised.

while getting the gasoline ready, and trying to find my address.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I didn't think about kellen Moore. That's another oc I'd interview

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with the young offensive masterminds is the NFL is snatching them up. Hell, Kliff Kingsbury got FIRED from Texas Tech and was immediately hired as a NFL HC - and he's flourishing.

It has to be someone who truly loves the college game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with the young offensive masterminds is the NFL is snatching them up. Hell, Kliff Kingsbury got FIRED from Texas Tech and was immediately hired as a NFL HC - and he's flourishing..
This is an example of looking at the ingriedients.... not the win loss record.

Everyone knew Kingsbury was a great offensive coordinator who just needed time as a HC. He WAS a guy who just needed a good DC.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members