Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Ray Finkle;n88101 said:
Originally posted by Gatorbreath

Originally posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Originally posted by Gatorbreath What the hell makes you think there's going to be a new head coach? Based on recent official statements, you're quite the optimist. Pumper, some would say... Is this a real post or did something go over my head here.

I guess the better question is, did I miss something?

You think Muschamp is safe, or even has a chance at this point?

I think he should have faced the proverbial firing squad after the Bammer beatdown. How he survived the Mizzou massacre on Homecoming no less defies any logical explanation.

My point was, based on Foley actions and statements, how do we draw the conclusion he will be fired? Up has been down, black has been white, etc. On-field results seem to play only a small role in this mess.

Personally, I do not see how he is safe. I have also been wrong every step of the way about Muschamp - from the very beginning.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
TheDouglas78;n88105 said:
What I'm saying is that most of these assistance do not have this great track record. Some do like Summers, Lawing, and Hutzler. But to claim that all of their failings are due to Muschamp which is exactly what you are saying is crap. White was decent at Wisconsin, but his track record doesn't nesscarily make his solid at running backs coach. If he was the tight ends coach were he has sent multiple guys to the NFL in the last 5 years, then that is a fair argument. Roper doesn't have a real track record outside of running Cutcliffe's offense or being an assistant outside of under Cutcliffe. Our offensive staff selection have been mediocre at best. They fit what Muschamp wants, but that doesn't mean they are great. Quinn was a great hire, but Durkin has been awful. What our of our linebacker play or defensive backfield field play has been what has been expected from the staff we have, questionable. Muschamp has made a lot of hiring based on potential, which has for the most part failed. Failed in part due to his lack of consistency at a leader, but also because we haven't been hiring the quality of coaches we are used to here at Florida.

Just going well they are solid. Some have had success others have not, especially at the position they are coaching. But how much of their success was them or what was around them. Muschamp has shown over and over again he is bad evaluating talent, even on the coaching staff.

For sure this. Champ has shown he can't get the most of his assistants like other coaches the assistants have worked for.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ;n87786 said:
IMO

Keep:

Lawing - Great D-Line coach
Summers - Great O-Line coach. We've already seen immense strides in o-line production in his first year.
T-Rob - Not sure what position he could coach but his recruiting prowess in S. Florida is a huge advantage for us.

In the discussion:

Hutzler - Young, rising coach. Great at ST in his last stop. Completely turned around our kicking/punting game from last season.

Axe:

Leak - Should technically still be a GA. Promoted way too quickly. Forced into the fire due to Joker's release.
Roper - I have no idea how he would have been without Muschamp. But I like a vertical, attacking offense. Not a horizontal one.
Lewis - Good recruiter for LA. But has he done anything else? TE's have been a disaster under him.
White - Again, RB play has been mediocre under him.
Dillman - For all the hype, I haven't seen any significant positive gain in player endurance or strength.
Durkin - ST, Linebacker, and then DC - All within 3 years. Not ready to be a DC IMO. Maybe down the line. But pretty terrible right now.

Should retain. No one, unfortunitely for the fans this isn't like Zook were there were positives that were seen by all. This dumpster fire, is a tear down and rebuild. But if we could I would say that the three you listed plus Hutzler. If Leak is willing to be a GA again or possibly a quarterback coach under an OC that also does qb development I would be fine with him staying, but at recievers coach.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'd say keep T-Rob he is a top recruiter... everybody else is replaceable

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
GatorJ;n87786 said:
IMO

Axe:

Leak - Should technically still be a GA. Promoted way too quickly. Forced into the fire due to Joker's release.

No argument there. Not his fault, he was thrown in with no experience.

Roper - I have no idea how he would have been without Muschamp. But I like a vertical, attacking offense. Not a horizontal one.

Too early to tell. I like a vertical attack when they are expecting horizontal and horizontal when they think vertical. I think he's a bright offensive mind that tries to keep defenses off guard. He sounds like he knows what he's doing in his meetings if you can judge from that. He was stuck with JD so lets see what he does going forward.

Lewis - Good recruiter for LA. But has he done anything else? TE's have been a disaster under him.

They were counting on most of the production catching the ball being from McGee. When that got scrapped he was left with sub-par athletes so kind of hard to judge him but no issue if he's gone.

White - Again, RB play has been mediocre under him.

Agree here. Kind of surprised running game hasn't been more productive. It might just be player talent was over-rated. Jones is the best we have but not super talented. Powell has the most talent, but small. Taylor an enigma. He showed signs of life in the disaster that was the Mizzou game and can hopefully build on that. Lane?? WTF. At this point it seems like they are intentionally avoiding giving him a single carry just to frustrate the fans. Browns too slow. Showers a less talented Powell so no real role for him other than ST.

Dillman - For all the hype, I haven't seen any significant positive gain in player endurance or strength.

He seems intense enough. I wonder if the difference between a good and great Strength coach is their ability to mask higher doses of PEDs?

Durkin - ST, Linebacker, and then DC - All within 3 years. Not ready to be a DC IMO. Maybe down the line. But pretty terrible right now.

Defense has performed pretty well. It's Muschamps baby but still hard to criticize the numbers too much. Need to cont to get more pressure on the QB and the number of converted 3rd down and 15 plus is really bad. His D is great at getting folks in 3rd and forever but no excuse for the conversions. I'd say Durkin is another that should be a maybe depending on how the second half of the season plays out.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He should keep summers and lawing for recruiting purposes. Possibly t rob aswell. Scratch the rest of the staff . Can't wait till they fire dillman I can't stand fake tough guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator