Who starts at QB next year?

Who is QB1 game 1 next season?

• Total voters

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
Serious answers only, who starts at Qb next year?

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I don’t think its as clear cut as many assume. Trask has looked great, mostly, but his inability to run has handicapped the offense’s ability to run the ball. Or stated better, the coach’s inability to adapt to his lack of mobility has handicapped the rushing offense. Either way, I think most here agree Mullen isn’t changing anytime soon and neither is the requirement to run effectively as the QB.

So, does FF stay around and win back the job? Does KT keep it and CDM find a way to adapt? Does EJ, who has good pretty good and opens up the rushing game in his limited touches, take over? Does AR surprise everyone and take the reins as a true freshman? Or, does CDM quit holding back the true superstar - Sproles - and let this offense really take off?

State your reasons and why.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Trask if he's there.....but I still think he either leaves for the NFL or transfers. There's only so many millions he's going to let Mullen cost him.

Franks won't be with the team and they need to fumigate after he leaves - we don't want any of the remaining players developing his version of "school spirit".

So, Jones in all likelihood.

dz_23

Rich and Famous
Lifetime Member
Apr 3, 2016
I think FF is done. I wish him the best. Trask would probably be starter but does Dan open the competition with EJ to run “his” offense.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Trask if he's there.....but I still think he either leaves for the NFL or transfers.
Serious response: you think he has enough starts to get drafted? I think he needs another season to get a serious look but I’m also not convinced that Mullen is adaptable enough to change his scheme to fit a guy like Trask.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
I went with Jones. That’s not an indictment of Trask. It’s a guess that Mullen won’t sacrifice his offense and will ensure he gets a rushing attack next season. Jones, in limited action, has shown the ability to throw and move the ball on the ground.

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
IOr stated better, the coach’s inability to adapt to his lack of mobility has handicapped the rushing offense. Either way, I think most here agree Mullen isn’t changing anytime soon and neither is the requirement to run effectively as the QB.

Unfortunately, this is very true and why I think EJ starts next year. And Dan will want to redshirt AR.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
You know this is GatorChatter, right?

Unless something unforeseen occurs, Trask will start. The real question is whether EJ transfers.
You’re a Jags fan. You know nothing about what a good QB looks like. You do know how to identify a failure though. Seriously, you think Mullen changes the scheme for Trask or just accepts no rushing yards?

And I’m rededicating to staying on topic. Derailed one too many threads lately.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Trask has graduated, I'd be very surprised if he comes back. I'm pretty sure Franks is done, too. Gotta be Jones.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’ve seen drunk before. And I’ve seen hammered. This is bordering on Arthur level stammering.

If you aren’t concerned for Threat, I’ve got new for you: you’re not human.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
EJ starts. If EJ plays extensively in the bowl game, the writing will be vividly on the wall. CDM didn't come here to run the offense we saw yesterday.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Serious response: you think he has enough starts to get drafted? I think he needs another season to get a serious look but I’m also not convinced that Mullen is adaptable enough to change his scheme to fit a guy like Trask.
As far as drafted, I don't know at this point. However, we do know how hard up the NFL is for QB's (although not hard enough to draft Franks).

He'd probably be better off transferring to a small school and putting up 5000 yards for them next year.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
As far as drafted, I don't know at this point. However, we do know how hard up the NFL is for QB's (although not hard enough to draft Franks).

He'd probably be better off transferring to a small school and putting up 5000 yards for them next year.
I’m sure there’s a Big 10 team would there that would love a guy like him. As a grad transfer, no need to go to a small school. He could go to a Wisconsin type team that has a strong rushing attack. He would thrive in an offense where he could toss play action passes and also sit behind a line that didn’t get him demolished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.