Who was the worst Gator?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Not only was jeff driskel better statistically while he was here. He went on to another d1 school and threw for 4k yards while treon went the fcs route , stunk up the place at qb and got converted to receiver.
He wasnt statistically better. Treon threw for more yards in a partial season.

Dipshytskel might have had a chance at a pro career if he had moved to TE/receiver. Jordan Reed proved there is hope for even the dumbest, laziest players.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Could be so many based on certain criteria, but how can KJ not be #1 with a bullet.? The worst 5 star player I have ever seen in my life, regardless of position. Never made 1 positive play his entire Gator career. The worst route recognition safety ever. The worst safety at taking proper angles ever. The worst tackling safety ever. And we have had some awful safetys here in the last 30 years, but he was just awful in all facets.

Deshawn Wynn, are you kidding? Outside of a few fumbles that guy was a very good RB. Tackle breaking machine. he was just lazy off the field.

Thad Bullard was a highly regarded recruit who also was terrible.
Does Bobby Sabelhaus register? I doubt it b/c he was so bad he did not play. OK my bad he was not a starter but he was highly recruited.

OK def. KJ he was so bad as a true frosh they replaced him with a true frosh at the time named Tony Joiner. enough said.

Will Hill definitely falls in this category. Except for that the INT against Georgia, he was pretty bad. Maybe not the worst ever but one of the most overrated guys that didn’t live up to his recruiting hype.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I think a guy like Berlin truly checks all the boxes. All around scum.

Bring me up to speed...what did Berlin do or what were his flaws character wise that was wrong? My recollection is that he was fairly religious or at least presented that way. If this is just about him transferring to scUM my apologies, however I really am curious.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bring me up to speed...what did Berlin do or what were his flaws character wise that was wrong?
lulz, you need more of a character flaw than transferring to scUM?

Dumbass could have started here the year by the time he was eligible to play at scUM.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
How about that butterfingers TE that played for Muschamp, forgot his name. I think he dropped a winning TD (maybe 2) against UGA and dropped a few other big passes down the stretch (FSU game I think). Ring a bell?

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
lulz, you need more of a character flaw than transferring to scUM?

Dumbass could have started here the year by the time he was eligible to play at scUM.

No, I’m just genuinely curious if Berlin was A. Hernandez before A. Hernandez. OP made it sound like he was an evil person and I’d never heard that before. Wanted the scoop if there was one but maybe I’m reading too much into his post.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
How about that butterfingers TE that played for Muschamp, forgot his name. I think he dropped a winning TD (maybe 2) against UGA and dropped a few other big passes down the stretch (FSU game I think). Ring a bell?

Westbrook?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No, I’m just genuinely curious if Berlin was A. Hernandez before A. Hernandez. OP made it sound like he was an evil person and I’d never heard that before. Wanted the scoop if there was one but maybe I’m reading too much into his post.
Let me help a little. Sofla lives in So fla. I'm sure a Gator going down there, beating us, then him having to hear about it all year wasn't easy.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

No scoop. As was said, he was beaten out by a lesser recruit after being our golden child for months, then failed to show even a shred of loyalty to UF by not only transferring, but going to one of our biggest rivals. I’ve also been told that he essentially hung up the phone on Zook when he was asking him to stay. Then he taunts the Gators in the stands by doing the chomp in their direction in ‘03. Zero respect from a player that ironically two schools view as a complete bust.

Did he kill people like Hernandez, no. Just not a good guy.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Westbrook dropped the likely winner against Lsu. The other drops were from Clay Burton. The one thing both players have in common? Neither were TEs in recruiting. The truth is WM had 3 of the top TEs in their respective classes on campus at the same time, but never made anything of them(one was injury related) and was forced to use a DE dual threat guy in both cases.

The players deserve some blame for the drops. But they really had no business even being thrown to, and that was on the staff.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
Good O-line? I don't know what you were watching in 2014 and 2015 but those O-lines were horrible as were the rest of our O-lines since 2010.

Let me clarify: Based on how they did in the draft and later in the NFL Muschamp had some good talent at OL and RB, but they weren’t coached very well.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I’ve never seen a worse QB than Treon vs. UGA. Just absolutely awful. Not saying Driskel lit the world on fire, but Treon vs. UGA was the worst game I can ever remember being played by a UF QB.

Granted he wasn’t asked to do much in either game, but you realize he was 2-0 in those uga games, right?

I’ll give JD credit for his “best” games in 2012, and I’ll always maintain that he was completely failed by the staffs he played for. But that’s a separate conversation. As a whole, he had far worse outings than Harris. If nothing else, several games spring to mind where JD was the primary reason we lost.

gatorplank

Jul 28, 2017
Sure, we won the game against UGA in 2014, but it was still the most incompetent QB play I can remember in any game. He was lucky our RBs and OL bailed him out because he had no chance of winning that game himself.

If UGA had stuffed the run in 2014 everyone would remember how awful Treon played that day. I remember we won that game despite Treon. Definitely not because of him. In the interviews after the game Jeremy Pruitt said they knew exactly what we were going to do on offense because we were the running the same play over and over again and they couldn’t stop it. We had completely given up on the forward pass by the end of the game. The QB play was that bad. 3/6 27 yards. 25.4 QBR. Treon couldn’t locate receivers, so he was tucking it when he was supposed to be passing it. Driskel could at least throw the ball to someone because he was tall enough to see them. There was at least a chance he would attempt a throw when we called a pass play. Treon only threw the ball 6 times that game, and we threw the ball much more than 6 times.

Last edited:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We had completely given up on the forward pass
That is literally the definition of a Will Muskstank offense. He had thoroughly destroyed that side of the ball by 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb