Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters props creation thread

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ahhhhhh PVS-5's.... the good ole days....
It's evidently what they used in the movie, with camera lenses glued to it.

fff.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Wow, that’s amazing. Where do you get templates for printing?
Tons of free stuff on the internet. Other people do all the design work and share it for free for printing. Here's a great website for this stuff:

Here's the page where I got the files for the goggles, for example:

Ecto Goggles by TheGoon

You don't ever have to create a single thing yourself to have a blast with these printers. $250 gets you one that's just fine.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Does trap open when you step on pedal? If so does it close when pedal is released?
Not a huge ghostbusters fan but the mechanical stuff intrigues me, planning on a 3d printer soon.
This guy created the ultimate trap, that opens, lights and sounds go off, and even the smoke starts seeping out. He created that by installing vaping cigarettes inside.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Main body parts all printed - still printing the wand. Have already started to work on a few parts as you can see. This is where the real work starts, filling and sanding every visible piece.

Image-17.jpg

And I'll be going as close to screen-accurate as possible. Check out my fake weld! Hot glue gun to the rescue.

Image-1-10.jpg

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So... into the whole Ghostbusters thing, huh?

Well, it is a welcome break from Dungeons and Dragons.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is truly amazing, ox. My 11-year-old son is a huge Ghostbusters fan. The original, not that all-female crap. He'd be amazed to see it. He did the lego replica of the car last year during covid. It was pretty complicated but it looks good with lots of details. 20210622_122420.jpg

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
This is truly amazing, ox. My 11-year-old son is a huge Ghostbusters fan. The original, not that all-female crap. He'd be amazed to see it. He did the lego replica of the car last year during covid. It was pretty complicated but it looks good with lots of details.

An 11 year old, huh?

Should have had film a time lapse video and post it on Gatorchatter. :facepalm:

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
This is truly amazing, ox. My 11-year-old son is a huge Ghostbusters fan. The original, not that all-female crap. He'd be amazed to see it. He did the lego replica of the car last year during covid. It was pretty complicated but it looks good with lots of details.
You want a great project to do with your son? Build a proton pack. A ton of work, but it's the coolest movie prop ever built.

In fact, I'm considering making more of them and selling them for a profit - the top versions sell for $2500 to $4000. I can help you if it's something you might be interested in.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You want a great project to do with your son? Build a proton pack. A ton of work, but it's the coolest movie prop ever built.

In fact, I'm considering making more of them and selling them for a profit - the top versions sell for $2500 to $4000. I can help you if it's something you might be interested in.

That's a great idea. I'll reach out to you when he gets back from camp. What do you think the easiest Ghostbusters prop is to build, not that any look easy but that might be a better place to start.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Probably the trap, but the goggles aren’t brain surgery. Get a $200 3D printer, for starters. You’ll be amazed what you can make.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Ox - How heavy will that proton pack be in the end?
I'm not sure, but I can't imagine it would be too terribly heavy. It's mostly plastic and aluminum, although the speaker and battery will add some weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator