Wholesome Mullen

Towels 'N Sporks

We R Bad Cause Urban Cheated on Wife
May 19, 2016
I was of the initial opinion that this was a horrible hire. I am hoping that I, and a lot of us on this board will be proven wrong about that, but it will be 3-4 years before we can say for sure. Until then I'm going to stay positive. And one thing I can say is that I like some of the moves that Mullen has been making. Hadn't seen this posted here yet so I thought I would share if some of you hadn't seen it.

1st of all, Mullen giving some walk-ons full rides:

Additionally, which is not only wholesome, but smart too, is that Mullen pulled the strings to get all Alachua County 5th graders a free field trip to the Colorado State game. This has never been done before that I know of. I was lucky as a kid, and got to enjoy lots of gator games and other cool experiences, but that is something that a lot of kids (especially on the East side of town) never get to do. They are even busing kids directly from their schools to Ben Hill to make it as easy on the parents as possible.

I think it's smart because a lot of these kids feel no connection with the Gators. If their parent never went to college at UF, or the parent didn't grow up here, then the kid is probably an FSU or Bama fan or a fan of whatever the #1 team is at the time. Sad: yes. Stupid: yes. But I'm glad to see Mullen trying to build the hype and culture of the program in the right ways.

Happy Wednesday yall. Let's try to be wholesome today.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was of the initial opinion that this was a horrible hire. I am hoping that I, and a lot of us on this board will be proven wrong about that, but it will be 3-4 years before we can say for sure. Until then I'm going to stay positive. And one thing I can say is that I like some of the moves that Mullen has been making. Hadn't seen this posted here yet so I thought I would share if some of you hadn't seen it.

1st of all, Mullen giving some walk-ons full rides:

Additionally, which is not only wholesome, but smart too, is that Mullen pulled the strings to get all Alachua County 5th graders a free field trip to the Colorado State game. This has never been done before that I know of. I was lucky as a kid, and got to enjoy lots of gator games and other cool experiences, but that is something that a lot of kids (especially on the East side of town) never get to do. They are even busing kids directly from their schools to Ben Hill to make it as easy on the parents as possible.

I think it's smart because a lot of these kids feel no connection with the Gators. If their parent never went to college at UF, or the parent didn't grow up here, then the kid is probably an FSU or Bama fan or a fan of whatever the #1 team is at the time. Sad: yes. Stupid: yes. But I'm glad to see Mullen trying to build the hype and culture of the program in the right ways.

Happy Wednesday yall. Let's try to be wholesome today.

He has done a really good job of trying to reconnect the fan base. A lot of these younger kids have never even seen the gators resemble a competitive football team. Glad to see that he is working hard in that department. I know the product is going to be a lot better on the field. Anytime We can make a new generation of baby gators, I’m all for it.

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
I don't know if Mullen is going to rebuild our program but this one video is better than anything I ever saw from the last two M's to run our program.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
I don't know if Mullen is going to rebuild our program but this one video is better than anything I ever saw from the last two M's to run our program.

He really does seem to have this team together. I like it. I have already seen this video but I still like it.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Love the video, and agree with the others that from a cohesion standpoint, this team is in markedly better shape than anything we've seen since 2012.

And while I think he'll get 3-4 years, almost without question, I do think we'll know what we have as early as this year. It's not strictly about wins and losses(see JM '15). If he's the right guy, it will become evident by the time we finish the season(see UM '05). I'm hopeful. I've seen enough turnover and would love to have found our next 10-12 year HC.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I think he meant bran muffins with flaxseed. :dunno:
gddmmm that flax seed. My wife gets on that kick and we have $8 worth of that sh#T we throw away eventually and THEN 6 months goes by and that nonsense returns.......FINALLY this time she says, "I hear its not that good for you" So now I throw away ANOTHER $8 worth of flax seed (for the LAST Time I hope)?///////////

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

FACT!!!

The last three years were nothing but buttered teeth, bbq sauce, and shark humping.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
gddmmm that flax seed. My wife gets on that kick and we have $8 worth of that sh#T we throw away eventually and THEN 6 months goes by and that nonsense returns.......FINALLY this time she says, "I hear its not that good for you" So now I throw away ANOTHER $8 worth of flax seed (for the LAST Time I hope)?///////////
classic coach.

I was expecting a little more specificity on how it made him crap his pants though.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I don't mind the flax seed and cinnamon, but I finally begged off the oatmeal.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
1st: That video was from last week. Almost 10 days ago. Slow to the punch.

2nd: I’m pretty sure these are guys that Butters took scholarships away from last year. That jerk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.