Who's going to Nashville?

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Living in TN I go to this game every other year. It is a great experience with many fellow Gator fans in the stadium. Nashville is also a great city with fun things to do. The local Gator club had some tickets which I got. Usually there are tickets on the street for reasonable amounts but two years ago they were very expensive. Enjoy!!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I freaking wish I was going to Nashville. Partying downtown after the game is worth the trip alone.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My wife and I origninally planned to go, but unfortunately we can't make the trip this year. I was there two years ago and had a blast. I agree with BearCatGator that almost half the stadium will be Gator fans. As far as parking is concerned we parked off campus behind some stores. I don't remember where exactly but I do remember walking past a Smoothie King, and we walked maybe a half mile. We didn't have any problems leaving afterwards.

You're going to have fun. I hate that we are missing out this year.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo you won't be disappointed. Some of that depends on how we play too. Nice "qauint" stadium with good access. Parking is not bad and lots to do there on West End. Tailgating is not a problem either. Queen is right about the hotel there, not sure if its a Marriott or not. But there are several but you can expect the $$$ because of the game. Crowd is always nice. My dilema for Saturday is will I get out my conference in time to make the ride over. My kids are going with the tickets, so we'll see. It's a fun time and enjoy.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
I generally either stay within walking distance or stay out at the airport where things are much cheaper and use my handicap sticker and arriving early to get a good space. Traffic after the game is usually brutal (never been in a night game) so we find a place to eat that is near to the stadium and wait it out, or if we are walking do whatever we desire. Is always a great time and a win is a great thing too.

ReelGatorDoc

Sep 9, 2014
I'll be there! It's a blast to walk Broadway and pop in and out of different bars. Musicians are skilled, very skilled...no cover charge anywhere and
fun to just cruise. Brazil Billy at Roberts is a heck of a show on Saturday night.

We have a group of 10 great friends and can't wait.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Damn, I was sitting in BNA during the Georgia game... my scheduling is all screwed up :lol:

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ReelGatorDoc;n98413 said:
I'll be there! It's a blast to walk Broadway and pop in and out of different bars. Musicians are skilled, very skilled...no cover charge anywhere and
fun to just cruise. Brazil Billy at Roberts is a heck of a show on Saturday night.

We have a group of 10 great friends and can't wait.

I'm jealous

aka

Founding Member
I Deliver
Lifetime Member
Jun 22, 2014
Founding Member
Downtown is cool for people watching but if you want music there are better places. Cannery Row, Third and Lindsley, The Basement, The Station Inn, The Rutledge, to name just some.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Not going because I vowed not to spend any money on Gator Football until we got rid of the coach. I do plan on going to the SEC basketball tourney in Nashville next March. Looking forward to it.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
GatorStud;n98468 said:
Damn, I was sitting in BNA during the Georgia game... my scheduling is all screwed up :lol:

He means the airport, not the poster..you sick ****s.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Bullag8r;n98392 said:
Try the Patterson House for a good beverage.

Was there last week. The bacon old fashioned was an interesting libation.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I went two years ago. It was a lot of fun. The city/downtown is great.

The stadium is nothing to write home about. If you have to piss, go early (before the half ends). You will literally wait the entire halftime in line. It's unbelievable. They could add 100 port-o-lets and still not have enough bathrooms! I don't get it. They should add another two men's & woman's restrooms on both sides.

The baseball stadium is adjacent/attached to the stadium. Really nice facility.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gatormandan;n98283 said:
Yea, todays so called country. Sad. Most of the "stars" only experience with country is what they have seen out of the bus window in between shows. Rock & roll rejects that bought cowboy hats when they couldnt make it in rock and roll....

I agree completely. I always referred to todays country music as "Bad rock n' roll with a southern accent." Tom Petty calls it "Bad rock n' roll with a fiddle." I find it entertaining to watch goobers with cowboy hats going nuts over this "new style music they have discovered."

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo;n98254 said:
I was thinking about heading out there for the game. Anybody been there (to the stadium, not Nashville)?
I've been there...i went to the game there in 2008. The Nashville Gator club usually puts on a hell of an event. That year it was at the Wildhorse and was a lot of fun. Not much of a gameday atmosphere around the stadium but the nightlife in Nashville is fantastic.

itsgr82bag8r

Founding Member
Tell your mom I said hi
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Swamp Queen;n98287 said:
It's not a horrible place to go to a game. We stayed in the hotel that overlooks the stadium, so it was kinda nice to walk out the back door and right into the stadium!

Did you "peek-in" on Erin Andrews too?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well after all that, now I'm not going. Nashville suicide hotline is calling in extra staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.