Why I dislike dislikes

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think it was better when we only had likes. You could imagine who disliked your posts but not know for sure who it was. You could imagine it was only Omar.

Dislikes reinvented the board dynamics. Guys like Law were now free to deliver drive-by digs almost underneath the radar. Did you dare respond? If you did, you ran the risk of looking like a fool by responding to your own post. It amounted to a conundrum.

This much I know. When I ask for likes, I get dislikes. When I invite dislikes, I get dislikes. I dislike dislikes. I feel trapped. I'll probably get dislikes for mentioning this.

Discuss only if you like.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
giphy.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Pretty much as expected. I'll go wait for Santa.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I think it was better when we only had likes. You could imagine who disliked your posts but not know for sure who it was. You could imagine it was only Omar.

Dislikes reinvented the board dynamics. Guys like Law were now free to deliver drive-by digs almost underneath the radar. Did you dare respond? If you did, you ran the risk of looking like a fool by responding to your own post. It amounted to a conundrum.

This much I know. When I ask for likes, I get dislikes. When I invite dislikes, I get dislikes. I dislike dislikes. I feel trapped. I'll probably get dislikes for mentioning this.

I laughed, I cried. Good beat. I give it an 84.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
These last two got likes for different reasons. I give 'em a combined 90 for being easy to dance to.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not really a Chicago Bulls fan but I think they can do better.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I can't stop staring at the Ox Cat pic. Would be really funny if the cat had on a turtle neck too

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I haven’t noticed if I’ve ever gotten any dislikes, because I don’t care. Life’s too short to get wound up about that stuff. If someone disagrees or doesn’t like my comments or jokes, it’s a free country. Besides, much of my sarcasm falls flat anyway...

Take a tip from Donkey. He wears dislikes like a badge of honor.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dislikes reinvented the board dynamics. Guys like Law were now free to deliver drive-by digs almost underneath the radar. Did you dare respond? If you did, you ran the risk of looking like a fool by responding to your own post. It amounted to a conundrum..
Sweet baby Jesus, you want me to post more instead of just giving a like or a dislike?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sweet baby Jesus, you want me to post more instead of just giving a like or a dislike?
This post is an example of the conundrum. Your first instinct is to dislike and then you realize that would only inspire him to post more.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Neither means that much to me, I try hard not to use the dislike button, if what a poster does bothers me I use the ignore function. I do try to use the like whenever I agree with a post. Just me, not typical at least I hope not.

ExecutiveGator

Paragraphs are great tools. Use them.
Lifetime Member
Dec 5, 2014

You know the rules of the board, dude. Automatic dislike.

Tay Bang

I might have been mean to Byrd
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2018
How about guys like Swamp Fire. They dislike the **** out of you but never post anything to give you the option of returning the favor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator