Why Is there not more talk about the clock?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Coach9 and his relentless loyalty with no substance to back it up reminds me of the classic poem:

As I was sitting in my chair
I knew it had no bottom there
Nor legs, nor back, but I just sat
Ignoring little things like that

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
The clock call was the right thing to do. Teams will resort to anything to win a game, remember Tennessee lat week at the end of the game. As for the decision to kick the field goal, it was the right thing to do. Florida had already failed three times to get the ball into the end zone from the two yard line, if Muschamp had gone for it and failed, he would have been crucified, and rightly so, for giving away the game. I didn't see anything wrong with Muschamp's coaching decisions. The fact is that Florida is not this supremely talented team that a lot of people seem to think it is. You can't make an omelet without eggs, and Muschamp has a limited cupboard to draw from. It's the players failure to execute that dooms the Gators time and time again. It wasn't Muschamp that dropped the ball in the end zone. It wasn't Muschamp who stood like a dummy in the middle of the field on third and forever like Keanu Neal did. I don't know, but I doubt a defense was called that would have left Poole, who has never been a good cover corner, on an island by himself with the game on the line. Muschamp made the correct call to try to get in position for the winning field goal at the end of the game, he didn't make the bad decision that Driskel did to throw into double coverage to a guy who wasn't open. Muschamp needs to go since this stuff is happening on his watch, but I find no fault with his coaching job for LSU, his players let him down. Even a supposed star of the team, Dante Fowler, didn't come through. he majority of the time LSU ran the ball was right at and over him.

Jand3k

I Don't Re Member
Sep 12, 2014
ntcrze;n77570 said:
The clock call was the right thing to do. Teams will resort to anything to win a game, remember Tennessee lat week at the end of the game. As for the decision to kick the field goal, it was the right thing to do. Florida had already failed three times to get the ball into the end zone from the two yard line, if Muschamp had gone for it and failed, he would have been crucified, and rightly so, for giving away the game. I didn't see anything wrong with Muschamp's coaching decisions. The fact is that Florida is not this supremely talented team that a lot of people seem to think it is. You can't make an omelet without eggs, and Muschamp has a limited cupboard to draw from. It's the players failure to execute that dooms the Gators time and time again. It wasn't Muschamp that dropped the ball in the end zone. It wasn't Muschamp who stood like a dummy in the middle of the field on third and forever like Keanu Neal did. I don't know, but I doubt a defense was called that would have left Poole, who has never been a good cover corner, on an island by himself with the game on the line. Muschamp made the correct call to try to get in position for the winning field goal at the end of the game, he didn't make the bad decision that Driskel did to throw into double coverage to a guy who wasn't open. Muschamp needs to go since this stuff is happening on his watch, but I find no fault with his coaching job for LSU, his players let him down. Even a supposed star of the team, Dante Fowler, didn't come through. he majority of the time LSU ran the ball was right at and over him.

Completely agree except for one thing...the game plan to NOT run the RBs more and to utilize the wrong RBs is definitely on the coaches. I'd love to see the information/game film they had that made them go w/the plan they went with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator