Why is this being allowed to happen?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Its true. Just take a look at URG's thread in the lounge. He's super mensa now.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
kepler said:
I'm with the OP, personally I don't think there's ever enough fire Muschamp threads. It's all we have left with stupidly stubborn Foley running the show.
Thanks. I have to express my dissatisfaction any way I can right now.

G

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jenny On The Railroad said:
I better get busy and post more and comment less. I can't wait until I have more posts than all of you. Then I will clearly have the highest football IQ, and best judgement :bananawave:

Gatorz, There was a thread that.had to do with extensions and buiyout money that gave me some insight into what might be at least part of the reason. If I find it, or the name of poster who started it, I will add it here.

Found it http://gatorchatter.com/forum/main-sports-forum/59619-machen-and-foley-s-11-million-dollar-dilemma - Mainland_Buc_75
I know, you get no credit for comments.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Bianchi's article I just read is about to send me over the edge. He quotes foley saying chimp gets the year to assess the direction of the program as we don't make decisions based on one game here (apparently a free fall is not a clear enough direction for him), and worse that moron bianchi bitches about us calling for chimps head three games in (how dare we!).

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
kepler;n62653 said:
Bianchi's article I just read is about to send me over the edge. He quotes foley saying chimp gets the year to assess the direction of the program as we don't make decisions based on one game here (apparently a free fall is not a clear enough direction for him), and worse that moron bianchi bitches about us calling for chimps head three games in (how dare we!).

The fact that Foley keeps having to validate muschamp has to be getting old. He can only give the dreaded vote of confidence so many times. I wouldn't sweat it, heck even Steve Russell is the biggest pumper outthere is starting to have reservations. You can't expect a coach to get fired after his first loss of the year. Don't worry he won't make it past October.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
anyone expecting Foley to make a move on WM during the season is probably going to be really disappointed. It's just not going to happen unless it's an epic collapse. He certainly isn't going to hint at it either. he is going to give WM the vote of confidence until there is a press conference specifically set up to announce he has been fired. It's just the way things work

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
-THE DUDE-;n62659 said:
anyone expecting Foley to make a move on WM during the season is probably going to be really disappointed. It's just not going to happen unless it's an epic collapse. He certainly isn't going to hint at it either. he is going to give WM the vote of confidence until there is a press conference specifically set up to announce he has been fired. It's just the way things work

I tend to disagree. I think Foley sees what's going on with Michigan and Miami, I think there's a scenario where he'd want to get a jump on those schools . I also think a blow out loss to Tennessee could be a dagger. I guess that falls into an epic collapse but those kind of losses seem to be the norm under muschamp. I guess none of us really know but I'm hopeful it's sooner than later.

GatorSteve

Founding Member
Lounge Lizard
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
As much as it pains me to say, I am sure Foley will give Muschumo a pass overall for a loss at Bama. Another embarrassment against Vandy will earn a Monday morning announcement like Zook got after the Miss St game. That could actually happen if Driskel is still starting. That would be surreal...hearing announcers speaking about breaking a two game losing streak to Vandy. Call me crazy but I think our defense looks quite better if Driskel picks up a clipboard.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Letting WM stay an entire losing debacle season, Foley will show future HCs that he isn't a "hair-trigger" AD ... also give more prelim time for a thorough search. What say?

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
Can we make it so a poster has to have like 100 posts before they can start their own threads? It's like Pete and Repeat up in here right now.
GatorBait - For some reason I can have 1K paragraphs in a comment; however, after I hit the "Post" button, all the paragraphs go away and it bunches everything together. I'm sure I'm not the only one with that issue.

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I sense a lot of frustration in this thread. Did I miss something? What's everybody so upset over?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar said:
Letting WM stay an entire losing debacle season, Foley will show future HCs that he isn't a "hair-trigger" AD ... also give more prelim time for a thorough search. What say?
I think you make a good point. This will make the job more attractive to other coaches when they know the ad will fight for him.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar said:
The head coaching gig at Florida is already a top job. The only way to make it more attractive after Muschamp's body has been moved is to shampoo the carpets and fumigate.

kepler

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
We all know this is year 4 not game three of muschamps tenure. Fey has turned into a politician making up facts to bolster his position. And we pay the price. Nobody expects a firing this week but I don't want to hear guarantees for the year either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator