Why it's not over

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
It's not over it is just delayed. I thought we would lose at least 4 games this year putting in a new system. Looks like it will be five now to me. With UF installing a new offense and new defense we knew there would be mistakes versus a more system experienced UK team early in the season.

UK had a better QB than UF in that game. Mullen told us the UF QBs were not there in his new system. He was not lying. Franks is not a quick thinker but is athletic. He is not seeing the field again as evidenced by missing wide open Malik Davis on the 2 point conversion. That could just be Franks's nature but to be fair it is harder to see the field when you have no blocking. He also was not accurate with his passes which could stem from being flustered or that just being his nature.

The reason it is absolutely NOT OVER for UF and just delayed is that UF has one of the best locations near top talent in the country. Parents like to see their kids play in person.

We are behind in terms of having a top tier football center but we will have one of the best in the country in 3 years. The 2020 recruiting class will have the new football center when they are sophomores.

We have a top tier Athlete academic center (which our athlete's need now that UF is one of the top 35 colleges in the nation).

We have an above average Indoor practice facility.

The 1998 Front door athletic facility in the Swamp has a large weight room but is not centralized like the football center will be.We need to update our stadium locker rooms.

The good news is UF has one of the stronger balance sheets in the country and we can fund the future football improvements.

Unlike Mac , Mullen is not lazy and will put in the work that is needed on recruitment and player development. It just won't happen immediately but UF has the tools to be great again.

Last edited:

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
We were not as good as we thought after the first game and we are not as bad as we think after Ky.

6-6 ? maybe

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Byrd the UAA plant needs to send us some videos with evidence that the receivers were actually open on every play.

The good news is the UAA parrots aren't saying we don't need upgrades anymore or claiming we need to save money for the next great recession.

The bad news is we already made another bad hire and will no doubt give him a huge contract extension if he manages to win a game or two this year.

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
We are behind in terms of having a top tier football center but we will have one of the best in the country in 3 years. The 2020 recruiting class will have the new football center when they are sophomores.

Here we go again: we need to move baseball to make room for a football facility (but it takes time to build a new baseball stadium, national champs, yada yada, no space). Just look:

2651E5CA-52E5-4420-81D4-F30E69D194A0.jpeg

Seriously, you’re in the UAA, so tell me, was it hypnotism? Bribery? What is it that causes our UAA leaders to not know how to use google maps widening out feature? Do they know we can use the internet and have iphones? Apparently not, as they try to convince us there is no room by the football practice area.

EE20174B-F401-4527-9CA8-503B51A36159.jpeg

It must be really complicated to build an oval somewhere else to literally host 2 events a year:

2018 Track and Field Schedule - Florida Gators

Or, god forbid the president leave a few blocks further away. How would the school survive?

Can’t wait till 2022!

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Here we go again: we need to move baseball to make room for a football facility (but it takes time to build a new baseball stadium, national champs, yada yada, no space). Just look:

Seriously, you’re in the UAA, so tell me, was it hypnotism? Bribery? What is it that causes our UAA leaders to not know how to use google maps widening out feature? Do they know we can use the internet and have iphones? Apparently not, as they try to convince us there is no room by the football practice area.

It must be really complicated to build an oval somewhere else to literally host 2 events a year:

2018 Track and Field Schedule - Florida Gators

Or, god forbid the president leave a few blocks further away. How would the school survive?

Can’t wait till 2022!
Not UAA just a poster like you. Like you are learning I learned the President already lives in another new house UF built. I actually in the past posted that we should use the old President site you just proposed.

I think it is affected by the fact that the President's back yard is an environmentally protected area. Just like the woods on the south side of the current baseball stadium are protected. You need to Google the environmentally sensitive map for UF. Has to do with drainage. The University is Green (not me). I also assume the alums who give the big money like to see buildings that were there when they were in school. That's the University /EPA politics baby!

The negative of the Old President house site that you and I proposed is it is across the street and further from the stadium. The new football center site will all be centralized into one unit and more efficient and closer to the stadium.

You would have to cross the street to use facilities at the old president house site. During standard lightning storms the IPF is connected to the rest of the UF training facilities. The current proposed football center site is the best solution long term.

Florida Announces Timeline for New Stand-Alone Football Training Complex - Florida Gators

Last edited:

The Shady Grove Gator

Relapsed Wise-Ass
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
It's not over it is just delayed. I thought we would lose at least 4 games this year putting in a new system. Looks like it will be five now to me. With UF installing a new offense and new defense we knew there would be mistakes versus a more system experienced UK team early in the season.

UK had a better QB than UF in that game. Mullen told us the UF QBs were not there in his new system. He was not lying. Franks is not a quick thinker but is athletic. He is not seeing the field again as evidenced by missing wide open Malik Davis on the 2 point conversion. That could just be Franks's nature but to be fair it is harder to see the field when you have no blocking. He also was not accurate with his passes which could stem from being flustered or that just being his nature.

The reason it is absolutely NOT OVER for UF and just delayed is that UF has one of the best locations near top talent in the country. Parents like to see their kids play in person.

We have a top tier Athlete academic center (which our athlete's need now that UF is one of the top 35 colleges in the nation).

The 1998 Front door athletic facility in the Swamp has a large weight room but is not centralized like the football center will be.We need to update our stadium locker rooms.

The good news is UF has one of the stronger balance sheets in the country and we can fund the future football improvements.

Unlike Mac , Mullen is not lazy and will put in the work that is needed on recruitment and player development. It just won't happen immediately but UF has the tools to be great again.
We were ass plowed at almost every position, much less at just QB.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
We were ass plowed at almost every position, much less at just QB.
Totally agree. The UK QB was their difference maker versus ours. C J Henderson the CB had a nice interception. The other starting CB was injured early The rookie UF safeties screwed up as did the OL and DL. Poor tackling on defense. Perine did well at RB.

Last edited:

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017
The negative of the Old President house site that you and I proposed is it is across the street and further from the stadium. The new football center site will all be centralized into one unit and more efficient and closer to the stadium. . . . The current proposed football center site is the best solution long term.

And, the track doesn’t work why? Please continue.

BruceWayne

Dec 12, 2016
Byrd is easily the worst poster on this board. You just aren't totally with it for whatever reason.

But I also saw open Wrs all night. Wide open. Not just the Davis 2pt play. Franks missed an easy wide open td to Cleveland on a play that he threw it in the opposite corner that was double covered. He did that all night.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
And, the track doesn’t work why? Please continue.

The football center would not be linked to the IPF and would be further from the stadium. Less efficient. I would love it if they put nice athlete dorms on that Track site eventually but track is already set up well there.

UF was behind other top SEC schools in baseball facilities and fans had to look into the sun. Now UF will have one of the best baseball facilities in the country with room to expand plus fans won't have to look directly into the sun as the field will be repositioned..

Long ago UF did not consider that football and baseball facilities need room to expand. We will correct that and position the facilities away from each other. Track does not need to expand and already has track offices in place.

"Adjacent to James G. Pressly Stadium at Percy Beard Track is Florida's L. Gale Lemerand Athletic Center, a $5 million project that was completed during the summer of 1995. In addition to serving as the home of the Gator track and field team, this multi-story 43,000 square foot building also contains the locker room, coaches' offices, equipment storage, training and sports medicine facilities for most of the Gators' spring sports programs."

Football centers are all about centralizing things and moving baseball centralizes the football center the most.

Bottom line is track did not need more room but football and baseball did and they were crammed together. Plus baseball touches the IPF facility while track does not.

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Byrd is easily the worst poster on this board. You just aren't totally with it for whatever reason.

But I also saw open Wrs all night. Wide open. Not just the Davis 2pt play. Franks missed an easy wide open td to Cleveland on a play that he threw it in the opposite corner that was double covered. He did that all night.
Hopefully Franks does not have bats on the brain like a certain poster.

Last edited:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Byrd speaks with self aggrandized authority on all sorts of minute and nuanced details, all things gator sports, facilities, and finances related. And he expects us to believe hes not a UAA plant.

Here's the truth - either you're one of the most pompous posters we've ever had, or you're a plant. Pick your poison big dawg.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014

I will not argue your points b/c they are your opinions and many of them are valid. But from the game of football angle and for those of us who do not think Cousin Eddie is the answer, let me give you this.

1. Calling a drop back pass on 2nd down and 1 from the opponents 3 yard line is not a talent issue.
2. Joe Lee Dunn Jr. is an awful defensive coordinator and made exactly ZERO adjustments in the game, I repeat ZERO.
3. 12 men on the field out of a timeout is not a talent issue.

I could go on and on and to the defenders, yes we were only a few plays away from winning the game. But anyone who knows football understands most games are decided by less than 5 plays. And it is those poor decisions that usually cost you a game. Cousin Eddie can't manage a game and it was proven by ZERO adjustments on O -line play and Defensive strategy. ever heard of Mush Rushing a mobile QB that can't throw? Not defending Chimp, but even Mustank made that move in the 2nd half on our trip to A@M years ago and it stifled Manziel in the 2nd half. I am as hopeful as anyone, but I just do not drink the Kool Aid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.