Why it's not over

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Here's the real problem....We are NOT bringing in enough "game changing" talent per year to offset even what we are losing to graduation. We need(6-8) 5 stars that ARE good enough to play or at least be in the rotation along with another 12-14 VERY solid 4 stars in the next 2-3 classes to offset the trend that has been bleeding this program dry over the last 6 to 7 years......In other words we need top 5 classes in at least 3 of our next 4 years to be a top 5-10 ranked team.

Spin it any other way you want but the truth shows up on Saturdays and right now and for the foreseeable future it ain't pretty.

True but give Mullen some time to get past the Butters MacShark era.

You know what, I think we need to drop to D-3 and be the Elite Ivy League so many Gator Alum are dreaming of.

We then can brag on Our SAT is higher than yours and we have more Rhodes Scholars.

Why do you think SOS went to S.Car after he left and not UF?

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Yeah i said talent in Mississippi not players from Mississippi. Diwun is playing in Fl not MS. The state of Mississippi has 14 4* players 6 project to leave the state but none are even looking at UF. Mullen surely has relationships with some of these players right?
Nice try to spin out of being wrong but his Florida residency just happened in the last month. You were claiming Mullen did not get a top player out of his Mississippi (Black is # 52 in nation) this class. He did.

Black just recently moved to Florida and his recruitment and rating were in Mississippi. Mullen built the rapport in Mississippi.

Last edited:

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Nice try to spin out of being wrong but his Florida residency just happened in the last month. You were claiming Mullen did not get a top player out of his Mississippi (Black is # 52 in nation) this class. He did.

Black just recently moved to Florida and his recruitment and rating were in Mississippi. Mullen built the rapport in Mississippi.

Like I said at the end of the day he goes to school in Fl which means it's a Fl recruit. I get what your saying but in reality when he plays on Saturday's when they show his profile it's going to say Osceola High School in Kissimmee, FL not a school in Mississippi. Which in turn makes me right and you wrong.

But yea I'll let you think that you're right

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Like I said at the end of the day he goes to school in Fl which means it's a Fl recruit. I get what your saying but in reality when he plays on Saturday's when they show his profile it's going to say Osceola High School in Kissimmee, FL not a school in Mississippi. Which in turn makes me right and you wrong.

But yea I'll let you think that you're right

Nice try. Failed again .

You were trying to slam Mullen implying his time recruiting in Mississippi while at MSU did not result in UF getting any recruits from Mississippi. You were wrong as it did. Plus that recruit from Mississippi is ranked #52 in the nation.

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Byrd is trying to tell gator fans that everything is all good. But it just comes off as trolling. Everyone is here telling him facts of why he's getting things wrong and he just keeps saying we shouldn't worry. It's crazy how quickly pumpers forget the past. It's always the same guys telling us to trust the coaches. The coaches know what they're doing. Trust that (Zook, Muschamp, Mcelwain, Mullen) is an expert and they'll get it turned around. When we can all see with our own eyes what's happening.
You "bat for brains" are the troll constantly slamming UF. You don't want our new head coach to get things going again. Your attempts will fail.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
Nice try. Failed again .

You were trying to slam Mullen implying his time recruiting in Mississippi while at MSU did not result in UF getting any recruits from Mississippi. You were wrong as it did. Plus that recruit from Mississippi is ranked #52 in the nation.
Like I said before everyone in the nation will see that he played high school football in Fl. But just to end the arguement with you I'll give a golf clap for Mullen pulling one player from a state he was in for 9 years. You sound so proud of him.

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Like I said before everyone in the nation will see that he played high school football in Fl. But just to end the arguement with you I'll give a golf clap for Mullen pulling one player from a state he was in for 9 years. You sound so proud of him.

Actually. He’s not playing football this fall.

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
Like I said before everyone in the nation will see that he played high school football in Fl.
How? Because according to blacklabgator above he won't play football in high school in Florida.The bottom line is Mullen got him in Mississippi.

Aug 23, 2018 · According to 247 he will not be playing football this year. ...

This is good so Black can focus on grades and graduate early. He proved himself already in Mississippi.

If you had not incorrectly said Mullen got no one from Mississippi for UF I wouldn't have brought up the top 52 player in the nation he got from there. Getting a top 52 national player from any state is a good get.

I understand why you thought he was from Florida as he just moved but he is a Mississippi boy.

Last edited:

jhbyrd

Banned
BANNED
Apr 17, 2018
No problem....neither did Trask for 5 years before being given a scholly and he's lighting it......errr nevermind
Apples to Oranges. D. Black while starting in Mississippi was also going to All American camps and lighting it up.

NOLAGATOR

God uses the unlikely to accomplish the impossible
Lifetime Member
Aug 20, 2018
Because Foley told him to fax him a resume when he wanted the job back?
And he did not want to deal with the NATION.

I believe even he (SOS)would get criticized with this team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.