Why modern movies suck...

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
I came across this three part series on Youtube after reading a National Review article about the next James Bond being a non-binary character. The NR article is behind a paywall, but here's the 'free' part:

"James Bond could be a non-binary character in the future, the boss of the 007 franchise has suggested in an interview.

Barbra Broccoli, who co-owns Eon Productions – the production company behind the franchise – didn’t rule this out in a recent interview on the Girls on Film podcast.

The 61-year-old producer said she thinks James Bond should be a man’s role – as more films should be made about women, rather than having women playing traditionally male roles.

She added: “So I think Bond will be a man.”

And when podcast host Anna Smith asked whether the role could be non-binary in the future, Barbara said: “Who knows? I mean, I think it’s open. We just have to find the right actor.”

But if this isn’t just a stray thought, and the next time we see James Bond on screen, the character will suavely look at some femme fatale and declaree… “Nonbinary. Very nonbinary…” then some of us will be left shaken, not stirred.

This continues the unpleasant new trend of taking an established and beloved character and changing the character to fit some sort of woke category, instead of starting afresh with a new character in that woke category. Thor’s a woman! Sulu is now gay! Dr. Who is a woman! Superman is going to be black next time, reportedly!"

Later in the article he references the Youtube series of a guy named the 'Critical Drinker'.
I watched his three part series and thought it was fantastic. And he has a great accent.

Two warnings:

1. Do not watch these with the sound turned up too loudly, especially at work. Salty language.
2. Do not watch if you're under the age of 35-ish. You will most likely be offended. Or... God forbid, you might learn something.

Here are the three parts. You can thank me later.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I came across this three part series on Youtube after reading a National Review article about the next James Bond being a non-binary character. The NR article is behind a paywall, but here's the 'free' part:

"James Bond could be a non-binary character in the future, the boss of the 007 franchise has suggested in an interview.

Barbra Broccoli, who co-owns Eon Productions – the production company behind the franchise – didn’t rule this out in a recent interview on the Girls on Film podcast.

The 61-year-old producer said she thinks James Bond should be a man’s role – as more films should be made about women, rather than having women playing traditionally male roles.

She added: “So I think Bond will be a man.”

And when podcast host Anna Smith asked whether the role could be non-binary in the future, Barbara said: “Who knows? I mean, I think it’s open. We just have to find the right actor.”

But if this isn’t just a stray thought, and the next time we see James Bond on screen, the character will suavely look at some femme fatale and declaree… “Nonbinary. Very nonbinary…” then some of us will be left shaken, not stirred.

This continues the unpleasant new trend of taking an established and beloved character and changing the character to fit some sort of woke category, instead of starting afresh with a new character in that woke category. Thor’s a woman! Sulu is now gay! Dr. Who is a woman! Superman is going to be black next time, reportedly!"

Later in the article he references the Youtube series of a guy named the 'Critical Drinker'.
I watched his three part series and thought it was fantastic. And he has a great accent.

Two warnings:

1. Do not watch these with the sound turned up too loudly, especially at work. Salty language.
2. Do not watch if you're under the age of 35-ish. You will most likely be offended. Or... God forbid, you might learn something.

Here are the three parts. You can thank me later.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

White supremacy. I’m turning this in to the authorities.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

Diddy

Thor's a Woman: Jane Foster becames the God of Thunder in Thor #1 (October 2014), she isn't Thor Odinson, who becomes unworthy to weld the hammer due to Fury.

Sulu is gay - George Takkei (spelling) spoke out against this when it was revealed...

Dr. Who - Don't know enough of this mythos, but I didn't think Dr Who was a person but a vessel, but the last time I watched was the 80s.

Superman going black - Animal Man #23 May 1990 (multi-verse thing)

Now I am against things like the all-new all-different marvel where they forced known characters to fit POC/LBGQ persons after 100 years of history, instead of just being good writers and developing new characters.

I do believe there is some agenda forcing in all media, I also believe there is some truly schitty writting. Some of the best written shows of the last few decades didn't have this issues, but schitty writters use them for "wow" factors.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
200.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online