Why Muschamp needs to go all in with Roper

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...l-muschamp-needs-to-go-all-in-with-kurt-roper

Agree with most of that and I like how Muschamp is now saying his philosophy hasn't changed from "run and pass balance" when we are going to a system the exact opposite from before that focuses on getting as many plays in as possible and not worrying about TOP for the most part which was his 100% main priority the past 3 years even when the offense was a train wreck. Hopefully Muschamp has learned his lesson and is basically 100% hands off with the offense.

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Is this a new topic?

I haven't heard this idea before. Kool!

Seriously, we all are hoping for a offensive turn around, well everyone except law98.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182 said:
Is this a new topic?

Seriously, we all are hoping for a offensive turn around, well everyone except law98.
Once we see it play out and truly turned around then the topic will die down just like everything else when it is going very bad.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Simple Roper can basically ignore any meddling by Champ, after all what can really happen. You can do your thing and score points or do his thing and don't. One keeps your job (or another one) the second takes everyone down. I really want the offense to attack the defense, if that means throwing 100% or running 100% I don't care. Now from a practical point of view it requires a balance which will be different for each opponent and perhaps within a particular game as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Turk182;n18679 said:
Is this a new topic?

Bulldawg"gator", are you going to post this to every single topic and in regards to every single news article/blog?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Dooley, in addition to noting the new Petty album is very good, also said he was doubtful Roper would be given full reign. We come back to that question. When is a head coach making himself a PITA to his offensive coordinator?

Turk182

Founding Member
Just don't care anymore
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n18755 said:
Bulldawg"gator", are you going to post this to every single topic and in regards to every single news article/blog?

Well law you post the same tired crap over and over..... So I guess I can also

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
You guys are too intelligent to think Roper took the job without assurance that he would have full control of the offense. There's no way he tskes the job, under such shaky circumstances, without full assurance. Say what you want about Muschamp, but, he is not one to go back on his word. I'm still awaiting some kind of proof that Muschamp was the cause of Pease's failures.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n18851 said:
You guys are too intelligent to think Roper took the job without assurance that he would have full control of the offense. There's no way he tskes the job, under such shaky circumstances, without full assurance. Say what you want about Muschamp, but, he is not one to go back on his word. I'm still awaiting some kind of proof that Muschamp was the cause of Pease's failures.

We can all think what we want, but there is a track record no matter how small. Weis' and Pease's failures are Muschamp's failures.

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE='78;n18808]Dooley, in addition to noting the new Petty album is very good, also said he was doubtful Roper would be given full reign. We come back to that question. When is a head coach making himself a PITA to his offensive coordinator? [/QUOTE]

Do you really trust Dooley's insight? I also read that article , what I took out of it , was that Dooley's main point was that the HC is the one who sets the tone in what he wants to do and the OC executes. The thing that amuses me is that people think that Roper is bringing the next coming of the fun and gun. He has said repeatedly in interviews that we will still be a north/south running team and that he uses the spread to open up the run. I think that we'll see more YAC due to a combination of the receivers and the schemes.Quite frankly Ropers philosophy is the same as Muschamp's in that he wants a 50/50 or so split.No matter what we will I believe show a drastic upgrade in the O due to Roper ( the man is a teacher of the game rather than just a yeller) the upgrade in talent in the wr's,te's and rb's, along with a healthy,at least to start the season,ol and a ol line coach who like Roper teaches up the players.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n18856 said:
Do you really trust Dooley's insight? I also read that article , what I took out of it , was that Dooley's main point was that the HC is the one who sets the tone in what he wants to do and the OC executes. The thing that amuses me is that people think that Roper is bringing the next coming of the fun and gun. He has said repeatedly in interviews that we will still be a north/south running team and that he uses the spread to open up the run. I think that we'll see more YAC due to a combination of the receivers and the schemes.Quite frankly Ropers philosophy is the same as Muschamp's in that he wants a 50/50 or so split.No matter what we will I believe show a drastic upgrade in the O due to Roper ( the man is a teacher of the game rather than just a yeller) the upgrade in talent in the wr's,te's and rb's, along with a healthy,at least to start the season,ol and a ol line coach who like Roper teaches up the players.

I'm just passing on Dooley's comments. So, yes, I'll probably download the Petty album.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n18853 said:
We can all think what we want, but there is a track record no matter how small. Weis' and Pease's failures are Muschamp's failures.
:clap:

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
'78 said:
I'm just passing on Dooley's comments. So, yes, I'll probably download the Petty album.
lmao, I know, and it's a good album .

Jax Gator

Founding Member
Swamp Thing
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Roper will get the job done. Muschamp can't afford to mess with the offense this time around. If he does, it will be his last rodeo at Florida.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'd say Roper gets it done regardless of what WM tries to do. I think it will be a combination on WM's part that he has to go "more in" than not and still with a bit of his stupid mentality on offense. So we'll see how much he changes. Roper IMO took just as big a gamble to come here with WM azz being near the torch. My fear, for down the road.....Roper get its done. He gets a HC gig. And we're back to square one.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812 said:
GIGator;n18851 said:

Well the failure of the people who you hire and can impact is your failure.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator said:
[QUOTE='78;n18808]Dooley, in addition to noting the new Petty album is very good, also said he was doubtful Roper would be given full reign. We come back to that question. When is a head coach making himself a PITA to his offensive coordinator?

Do you really trust Dooley's insight? I also read that article , what I took out of it , was that Dooley's main point was that the HC is the one who sets the tone in what he wants to do and the OC executes. The thing that amuses me is that people think that Roper is bringing the next coming of the fun and gun. He has said repeatedly in interviews that we will still be a north/south running team and that he uses the spread to open up the run. I think that we'll see more YAC due to a combination of the receivers and the schemes.Quite frankly Ropers philosophy is the same as Muschamp's in that he wants a 50/50 or so split.No matter what we will I believe show a drastic upgrade in the O due to Roper ( the man is a teacher of the game rather than just a yeller) the upgrade in talent in the wr's,te's and rb's, along with a healthy,at least to start the season,ol and a ol line coach who like Roper teaches up the players.[/quote]What I got out of it was that ending forums resulted in some pressure on him to produce so he wrote what is obvious to everyone who works. The boss can impact things indirectly.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Roper is in a pretty good situation. It would be awfully hard for us to do worse on offense this year.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GIGator;n18851 said:

I tend to think that is the case and that is why I think the Idaho game will tell us a lot once we get a 2 TD lead or so.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
sonomagator;n18856 said:

Muschamp's main philosophy was TOP not 50/50 which is what most want anyway. He is just saying that to deflect from his TOP at all costs (hopefully former)offensive philosophy. Heck even Driskel admitted it was all about TOP previously at SEC media days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.