Why Muschamp will be here next season

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
oxrageous;n81499 said:
After everything you've said over the past several months (including claiming we should "kill it with fire"), I find it hard to believe you when you say this. You've always been too nice, never wanting to say anything too controversial. I think you want the guy gone, regardless of a strong finish. I sure as hell do. I have no reason to believe we're going to be a genuine contender under Will Muschamp, even if you give him 10 years. He cannot evaluate talent, either with assistant coaches or players, and isn't any good at "coaching 'em up" anyway. He's going to be a career assistant after his tenure with Florida is up. It's where he belongs.

It's really a moot point, because we aren't even going to sniff a strong finish.

My stance on WM has not changed. My biggest and only reservation is that I'm not in love with any of the available candidates and names tossed around this year. It still bothers me to this day that Franklin and/or Strong were available, and we allowed them to go to destination type jobs. I've mentioned Mendenhall several times, but he's seemingly never among the most likely candidates. Then you have Mullen, who is at best garnering 50% of the fan vote, which is not exactly the best way to start a career at a place like UF.

I agree with your last point that this is likely a moot point. But in the crazy event that we won out in the SEC, beating uga, and winning 8 games going into Atl and a bowl, I'd be somewhat on the fence about his dismissal, especially since that scenario would almost definitely come with a young, exciting QB who could really blossom next year. At the end of the day, most of us stated we'd be ok with 9-10 wins. Even if we lost to fsu, winning out would make us 8-3(really 9-3) with a bowl game as well. I'm not even saying that I'm on board with WM at that point. I just think I'd be more inclined to see him stay through next season. Realize the only way any of that happens is with a big surge in offensive production. It's not likely, so again, we're discussing completely moot points. But as always, my heart wants us to win. If that is with WM, then so be it. I don't believe it will be.

To the comment(s) about a loss being acceptable, we entered 2010 almost certain that we'd lose to Alabama in Tuscaloosa, despite being a year removed from an undefeated regular season, and Meyer. I can recall vividly walking out of BHG as a kid following the '93 fsu loss with fans singing "it's great to be". And the point of a tenure doesn't matter. The above mentioned examples were in Meyer's 6th year, and Spurrier's 4th. There are times when certain teams are just better. Right now, fsu is. Doesn't make a loss any less painful. And it doesn't excuse the coach on who's watch it falls. But losses will occur. Some are more understandable than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator