Why next year might be a pleasant surprise

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
I think next year we can exceed expectations because we have quality pieces all over our roster. If Franks/Trask can take hold of the job they will have a very competent oline (depth/seasoned) to work behind and a nice rb core to work alongside. With Scarlett entering year three ( i think scarlett can really do it all and might have his coming out party). TE wise lewis and goolsby will be even more seasoned and the other TE and fresh will have a chance to compete as well. WR wise calloway and cleveland will be two formidable threats along with hammond and swain gaining another year. And powell and someone everyone forgets .... massey will take over slot duties. I think massey could be a very explosive home run threat. IDK if green will be a starter or redshirt but he is a very good wr we have committed. On defense, Clark and Bryan and polite/cece have experience and will be even better next year. Sherit, wahsington, and harris will also have more experience. I think harris might be the talk of the defense next year and i think he has high draft potential. I am not worried at all with him and washington taking over the safety jobs. Duke dawson is also a good player and he'll be back. LB is a bit of a question mark, but i am confident with reese and joseph will have another offseason to improve/grow... like his potential. We have so many younger guys i haven't mentioned and incoming freshman i haven't talked about but it is very possible a number of these guys step up and make a name for themselves. With johnny and eddy back special teams will help this team tremendously. Everyone's high on georgia,but i think our oline can take that game over.

My thought on recruiting, idk about the grade stuff but this team could benefit from lemons, robinson, and slaton. I hope we get at least two more defensive tackles and another defensive end and at least one more olineman.!Be nice to add another linebacker. Also i
think jake allen will be a stud.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I admire your optimism. For us to really have a good season, one of the QB's has to light it up.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I see losses against Michigan, LSU, TAMU, UGA, and FSU.

If in Mac's 3rd year 7-5 is a good season God help us.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I said this about our current season that ends today but...we will have much better improved QB play and win at least 8 games. Idk about our defense though but I'm sure some guys will step up cause there are plenty of areas where someone can step up and be the man and star of the defense.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
No doubt Jimbo will come into the swamp again next year and smack us around.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think next year we can exceed expectations because we have quality pieces all over our roster. If Franks/Trask can take hold of the job they will have a very competent oline (depth/seasoned) to work behind and a nice rb core to work alongside. With Scarlett entering year three ( i think scarlett can really do it all and might have his coming out party). TE wise lewis and goolsby will be even more seasoned and the other TE and fresh will have a chance to compete as well. WR wise calloway and cleveland will be two formidable threats along with hammond and swain gaining another year. And powell and someone everyone forgets .... massey will take over slot duties. I think massey could be a very explosive home run threat. IDK if green will be a starter or redshirt but he is a very good wr we have committed. On defense, Clark and Bryan and polite/cece have experience and will be even better next year. Sherit, wahsington, and harris will also have more experience. I think harris might be the talk of the defense next year and i think he has high draft potential. I am not worried at all with him and washington taking over the safety jobs. Duke dawson is also a good player and he'll be back. LB is a bit of a question mark, but i am confident with reese and joseph will have another offseason to improve/grow... like his potential. We have so many younger guys i haven't mentioned and incoming freshman i haven't talked about but it is very possible a number of these guys step up and make a name for themselves. With johnny and eddy back special teams will help this team tremendously. Everyone's high on georgia,but i think our oline can take that game over.

My thought on recruiting, idk about the grade stuff but this team could benefit from lemons, robinson, and slaton. I hope we get at least two more defensive tackles and another defensive end and at least one more olineman.!Be nice to add another linebacker. Also i
think jake allen will be a stud.
How did you post this much and not mention the Noles? Thought they were your team?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I expect the 2017 season to be a sound hapzening of one lip flapping. :rolleyes:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I see losses against Michigan, LSU, TAMU, UGA, and FSU.

If in Mac's 3rd year 7-5 is a good season God help us.

I get the others, but why TAMU? They'll have a new QB and have an awful, awful defense.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I get the others, but why TAMU? They'll have a new QB and have an awful, awful defense.
For the past 7 years it hasn't really mattered what defense we face our offense is atrocious and there really is nothing concrete to base any hope for improvement at this point

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
You have more optimism than me. I look at next years schedule and see, at best, 6-6.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Unless we have offensive staff changes why do any of you think that Franks, Trask, Del Taco or who every plays QB will suddenly develop into a serviceable starting QB? I really struggle to understand what this staff does at practice. I see the same mistakes over and over and over... Not trying to be negative but, I have very serious doubts about any of our QB's being able to take the reigns and run next season.

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
Unless we have offensive staff changes why do any of you think that Franks, Trask, Del Taco or who every plays QB will suddenly develop into a serviceable starting QB? I really struggle to understand what this staff does at practice. I see the same mistakes over and over and over... Not trying to be negative but, I have very serious doubts about any of our QB's being able to take the reigns and run next season.
I think part of it is that you really can't gett much worse at QB than what we've seen the last 7 years.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Perhaps because some of us think better execution would make for better results. That starts with the QB and Oline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator