Why no discussion of Charlie Strong?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously considering putting this guy on ignore.

Little tolerance for Halfkiff nutswingers. I suspect this is Alvie.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just who is on your first tier and include the logic that would allow them to come.

As I've said on other threads, I would rather swing and miss than follow the road to mediocrity. Mullin, Fedora, and Strong while fine coaches in their own right, aren't championship guys. If they were they would truly be competing for them. They are better than what we have, but still not good enough.

Who we should call but I don't expect to come:
Chip Kelly, even through I hate his sideways offense, you have to call
Fuentes, Love what he has done with decent talent at QB, offensive minded VaTech would match our offer
Harsin, can't argue with what he has done at both Boise St. and Washington

Guys who are possibilities:
Frost, in our backyard, has coached both sides of the ball... looks to have a dynamic offensive mind... still we don't know too much about him
Brohm, a guy who has done it at the lower level and doing it well in Purdue
Babers, offensive minded guy, like his energy, only issue is he was an assistant forever for a reason

A few others maybe.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I think Frost is a done deal to Nebraska. He was born in Nebraska played Qb and won a title at the University of Nebraska and they now need a coach. If still make the call but that's where I think he goes.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Huh? Harsin hasnt been near Washington he failed pretty spectacularly as OC for Texas.

He got the head coaching gig at Arkansas State immediately after he had success at Texas for two years as co-OC/QB coach.....hello.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
1. Frost

2. Fuentes

3. Campbell

Are any of them realistic? Probably only Frost.

Why not Kiff or Strong? Both have faileid at major programs. Simple as that. I don't want to hire a guy who couldn't get it done at Texas or at USC.
This is Fuentes
:run:

This is Fuente
571656b884ed6.image.jpg

I prefer the former.

Last edited by a moderator:

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
You should get someone to kick you in the balls repeatedly for even thinking about hiring Kiffin.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
I think Frost is a done deal to Nebraska. He was born in Nebraska played Qb and won a title at the University of Nebraska and they now need a coach. If still make the call but that's where I think he goes.
None of those things mean he wants to coach at and try to recruit to Nebraska.

He is close to Dungy, knows Belichick, Parcels, Gruden, played for and was a friend of Bill Walsh. I see him eventually making his way to the NFL as a Head Coach personally, but first he needs to succeed at the highest level in college.

With an aging Saban in Bama, UF just might be the opportunity he is looking for. Come here and recruit the most fertile state in the nation to the Flagship University which has proven it is a place you can win championships. Build the program a few years and De-throne Darth Saban then ride off to the NFL to try to win a SB.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
As I've said on other threads, I would rather swing and miss than follow the road to mediocrity. Mullin, Fedora, and Strong while fine coaches in their own right, aren't championship guys. If they were they would truly be competing for them. They are better than what we have, but still not good enough.

Who we should call but I don't expect to come:
Chip Kelly, even through I hate his sideways offense, you have to call
Fuentes, Love what he has done with decent talent at QB, offensive minded VaTech would match our offer
Harsin, can't argue with what he has done at both Boise St. and Washington

Guys who are possibilities:
Frost, in our backyard, has coached both sides of the ball... looks to have a dynamic offensive mind... still we don't know too much about him
Brohm, a guy who has done it at the lower level and doing it well in Purdue
Babers, offensive minded guy, like his energy, only issue is he was an assistant forever for a reason

A few others maybe.

Thanks and other than say kelly (I don't think he is a sure thing even if you could get him) none are what we call "sure things"

Frost might be going to Nebraska he is from there.

I don't think anything will be happening, but with every blunder I become more convinced that Mac is not the answer, if he keeps all those recruits and gets a better OC he probably deserves another year or perhaps two if improvements are coming.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Can you imagine if we hire Gruden? The butt plungers would nuke themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb