Gator Baseball Why not blow up McKethan this year?

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
I don’t really want to take sides in this discussion but I want to respond to this comment.............If I had a son or daughter fortunate enough to get a scholarship for a non rev sport I would be very proud and very thankful and I would want what was best for them. However I would not lose sight of the fact that my child is getting a free ride due to the the work/money from others. This situation is no different than living in America in a capitalist economy where earners taxes fund others lifestyles. The other side simply feels like the earners/ givers deserve more benefits than the takers sometimes.
I follow baseball and all others as well so I don’t see this as one side against the other
Agree , I really don’t want to discuss this any longer. We almost let political views jump in here. Thx for bringing things back to center Dad

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
There is none
Let me start by saying Mouse is the greatest coach in UF history. His teams loose thousands of dollars despite their successes

I want UF to excell at all sports but NOT at the expense of the football program.

Let UF to spend millions on football and allow the excess to flow down to the rest of the programs.

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
Let me start by saying Mouse is the greatest coach in UF history. His teams loose thousands of dollars despite their successes

I want UF to excell at all sports but NOT at the expense of the football program.

Let UF to spend millions on football and allow the excess to flow down to the rest of the programs.
I guess you are talking Bama , UGA etc..
Ok I respect your opinion. You wore me out counselor

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018

And I are correct about the track coach. Mount Rushmore for sure

sminings

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2017
I guess you are talking Bama , UGA etc..
Ok I respect your opinion. You wore me out counselor
UF has the resources to be great at every sport. I enjoy every natty.

They just have to be aware of the cash cow #stop screwing the football team

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018

It’s not the minor sports fault that they get their share. They present a budget and its acceptable or not then adjusted to the liking of the AD and Athletic Board

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Understand ur frustration.. but I’m a huge baseball guy too. I have an emotional investment.I understand I’m in the minority here. I do love Gator football and basketball too
Youre not really a minority here. Personally, I just don't have time for other sports. I don't really have time for football. Everyone would love to win the NC in football, basketball, and baseball every year. We'd all be proud.

What I don't want to here is who gives a fvkk about football, we've got baseball, gymnastics or whatever, and that attitude has been around UAA lately. They pat themselves on the back about winning all sports trophies and dont realize or don't care that they are killing the cash cow that pays for it all.

RiverRat

Glass half full
Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2017
Seeing the state of our baseball team this year I say tear the MoFo down and let'em play in a damn cow field somewhere.
I ain't getting any younger lets get this somebitch built!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Wander how you would feel if you had a daughter or son that was talented enough to play a “minor “ sport.
It doesn't matter which sport we like or not. I actually like baseball pretty well and despise basketball. But only one sport pays the bills. You have to keep it healthy or the whole damn thing dies.

Could you imagine who chintzy these UAA mofos would be if they DIDN'T have top 2 donations and ESPN SEC money? There wouldn't be a baseball team. It would be a club and the kids would have to buy their own bats and hats.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

This. We SHOULD be championship contenders in every sport.

But one sport pays the bills.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015

Or better yet support all Gators as they deserve and to support championship expectations.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Seeing the state of our baseball team this year I say tear the MoFo down and let'em play in a damn cow field somewhere.
I ain't getting any younger lets get this somebitch built!!!

How would the games be televised? What would that do to future teams?

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
All of this is only possible as long as the cash cow is kept healthy.

You do realize the baseball team loses money? This is no differance than the other Olympic sports. Even the mens basketball team loses money every year.

UF needs to take care of the football team first and then they can take care of these stupid pet projects like mens baseball.

BTW. Have you checked the SEC standings? It's not worth 65 million.

Both Sully and the Softball coach I refuse to name have set our football team back for nearly a decade.
Gator hoops makes money. A fraction of what football does, but still in the black.

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
Youre not really a minority here. Personally, I just don't have time for other sports. I don't really have time for football. Everyone would love to win the NC in football, basketball, and baseball every year. We'd all be proud.

What I don't want to here is who gives a fvkk about football, we've got baseball, gymnastics or whatever, and that attitude has been around UAA lately. They pat themselves on the back about winning all sports trophies and dont realize or don't care that they are killing the cash cow that pays for it all.
Understand completely...I’m really just a football, basketball , baseball guy. Don’t give a rats ass about all sports trophies

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018
Consider me enthused, could you please post the scores of the gators series with vandy this weekend. I'm surprised you didn't.
Why don’t u do that so u can get ur rocks off . Sounds like u enjoy baseball GATORS getting crushed

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
I love all Gator sports. Football is the engine that drives the athletics train, however, and keep that machine healthy needs to be priority #1. But that doesn't mean we can't have championship caliber programs in all other sports, which we have the money and resources to do. And we've done it as well or better than anybody else for years, being the ONLY program to finish in the Top 10 for the Director's Cup for best overall athletic department every year they've been calculating it - something like 26 years. We are in a win-win situation at THE University of Florida. It doesn't have to be either or.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator