Gator Baseball Why not blow up McKethan this year?

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
This might be the dumbest post of all time.

ALL of the money generated to support rarely attended and supported NCAA sports is because of mens football.

Do I need to post the money generated by football versus the remaining sports?
As most post above shows, 57% of the total UAA revenue comes from football. That's not ALL.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Youre an idiot. You think the 200 people that go to baseball games account for most of the merchandise sales?

Merchandise goes up when FOOTBALL is doing well. Donations too. No other programs matter. The needle moves for football and only football.

Football is 95% of the revenue. 57% is just football tickets and concessions.

Basketball produces a few million in surplus most years. None of the others operate in the black at all.

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
Youre an idiot. You think the 200 people that go to baseball games account for most of the merchandise sales?

Merchandise goes up when FOOTBALL is doing well. Donations too. No other programs matter. The needle moves for football and only football.

Basketball produces a few million in surplus most years. None of the others operate in the black at all.
And you know this how?

Ocalaman

Mar 7, 2018
If you would actually look at the document I linked above you'd see the breakdown of UAA revenue. 24% is from royalties & sponsorships, 7% from men's basketball and 1% other sports, 2% student fees, 3% non-operating revenues, 2% camps & auxillaries and 4% other, with 57% from football. How do you "rationalize" 95% football-produced revenue from these audited numbers? This is what's called confirmation bias, where people have pre-conceived conclusion and they can only rationalize information so that it fits their position.

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
If you would actually look at the document I linked above you'd see the breakdown of UAA revenue. 24% is from royalties & sponsorships, 7% from men's basketball and 1% other sports, 2% student fees, 3% non-operating revenues, 2% camps & auxillaries and 4% other, with 57% from football. How do you "rationalize" 95% football-produced revenue from these audited numbers? This is what's called confirmation bias, where people have pre-conceived conclusion and they can only rationalize information so that it fits their position.

I think Swonkey’s point is that yes, 57% comes from football tickets, etc, but 24% “royalties and sponsorships” doesn’t happen without football, 2% student fees doesn’t happen without football, 2% camps and auxiliaries doesn’t happen without football. So those alone are 85%. Throw in whatever 3% “non-operating revenue” means, and 4% “other” and you get close to 95%.

I tend to agree.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I think Swonkey’s point is that yes, 57% comes from football tickets, etc, but 24% “royalties and sponsorships” doesn’t happen without football, 2% student fees doesn’t happen without football, 2% camps and auxiliaries doesn’t happen without football. So those alone are 85%. Throw in whatever 3% “non-operating revenue” means, and 4% “other” and you get close to 95%.

I tend to agree.

Close is not for math, and some of your logic is faulty. The student part happens no matter what, some of the royalties are for things other than football, I agree it is more than the 57% but not even close to 95%. Now of course without the surplus from football we could not afford all the other sports. I seem to remember when we were very poor in football, we still had other sports.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Close is not for math, and some of your logic is faulty. The student part happens no matter what, some of the royalties are for things other than football, I agree it is more than the 57% but not even close to 95%. Now of course without the surplus from football we could not afford all the other sports. I seem to remember when we were very poor in football, we still had other sports.
Then I think we need to know how far from 95%. Close isn't close enough.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Then I think we need to know how far from 95%. Close isn't close enough.

I agree but the accounting for such is almost never objective. For example how do you allocate the money from the SEC network? By hours of coverage of the various sports?

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I agree but the accounting for such is almost never objective. For example how do you allocate the money from the SEC network? By hours of coverage of the various sports?
06a08f619872aa352a7c5282565eca5a.gif

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
No answer to the actual question? And you think I am a joke? Perhaps I need to review a list.
Joke over you. Get it? Not you. Over you.

Chief, I think we need to send you out for sense of humor training.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Joke over you. Get it? Not you. Over you.

Chief, I think we need to send you out for sense of humor training.

That has been said more than once, I still don't get it. A brief search and I get it, still not funny to me.

Still no answer to the question of allocations?

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
That has been said more than once, I still don't get it. A brief search and I get it, still not funny to me.

Still no answer to the question of allocations?

This guy makes Sheldon seem like a happy-go-lucky huckster.

FFS.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And it is SO weird how his total lack of humor is so similiar to his friend, Vulcan.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Have we blown up McKethan yet?
Yes, yes yes.

Fvkk those arrogrant football players. They can live in their Section 8 housing and suck it up. Fvkk them.

We have baseball and gymnastics to worry about.

GOOOOOOO NON-REVENUE GATORS!!!!

Got to keep our priorities straight.

Wingtee

Mar 11, 2018

Baseball has been avg about 4500 per .. so they hold their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator