Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n60583 said:
David Cuttcliffe.

David Cutcliffe ran a pro-style defined by down the field passing, counter treys and power isos out of the I.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
We aren't playing Elon, Troy, Kansas, and Tulane.
Once again, for the 7 billionth time, we're talking about this year's offense with Roper. Last year was Brent Pease with the water boy playing QB against GSU. Has absolutely nothing to do with what we're talking about right now. Once again, your skulls are denser than a black hole.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
GatorJ said:
Btw I've noticed that Matt M has been absent over the last 2 weeks.
Where were you J? Matt was here in the box Saturday having a nuclear meltdown. I basically felt the same level of anger and disappointment but he took it to a whole new level of sexual gender type insults. He apologized later for losing his sanity and I suspect still recovering :lol:

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I throw the same bones on the table... Muschamp and Driskel are the drag on the program.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch said:
So far, they look alike... except that Jeff is throwing the ball into the cheerleaders more often.

And so far, water boy '13 Skylar Morningwood has a higher QBR, higher yards/attempt, and higher completion ratio than Waterhead has this year.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Law98gator;n60750 said:
David Cutcliffe ran a pro-style defined by down the field passing, counter treys and power isos out of the I.

The last time I checked, David Cutcliffe ran an up tempo offense last year at Duke, with a decent mix of read option, pistol and passing mixed together...which is what Roper was brought in to run and what the OP asked about.

ntcrze

Founding Member
Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
That's easy to answer. Duke has better players, maybe not all of them, but they definitely have a better quarterback. Since the most important attribute of a good quarterback resides above the neck, it's a no=brainer comparing a Duke quarterback with Jeff Driskel.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :( said:
Captain Sasquatch;n60648 said:

The plays are there waiting to be made. We had WRs running open all day against Alabama, just need to get someone in there that can find them.
Do not tell these guys that. They are putting in apps to coach at UF. They understand the game and how bad a coach champ is.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n60774 said:
That's easy to answer. Duke has better players, maybe not all of them, but they definitely have a better quarterback. Since the most important attribute of a good quarterback resides above the neck, it's a no=brainer comparing a Duke quarterback with Jeff Driskel.

That actually has some merit.

:woohoo:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia;n60773 said:
The last time I checked, David Cutcliffe ran an up tempo offense last year at Duke, with a decent mix of read option, pistol and passing mixed together...which is what Roper was brought in to run and what the OP asked about.

You should check again.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ntcrze;n60774 said:

One of you photoshop gurus need to add a Clown School helmet, a pink pony, and some crab legs to this Null Troll.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
GatorInGeorgia said:
Law98gator;n60750 said:

He is telling you what Cutcliffe ran when he did run O's not Roper. Roper ran the O last year not Cutcliffe.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
GatorInGeorgia said:
Law98gator;n60750 said:

Read between my lines. Cutcliffe is an OC by trade and was Roper's boss at Duke. To think that Cutcliffe wasn't heavily involved, if not wholly responsible, for transitioning away from what he ran earlier in his career is naive. Some might also argue that it's equally naive to believe that Cutcliffe wasn't the one actually calling the offense last year in light of his offensive background.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Law98gator;n60784 said:
You should check again.

No need for me to do so. That's precisely what Duke ran last year. If you don't know that you must not have watched them or you just don't understand football as well as you think.

Then again, you're the same guy telling me a few days ago that "Bitch Davis lost to Derek Dooley so they hired him." Go figure that one.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar said:
Is Cuttcliffe one of our HC targets ?
I actually think Cutcliffe makes a decent candidate. We retain the OC (Roper) and get a head coach who understands offensive football. The only drawback is that he's 60 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.