Why play LSU?

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
The UF/LSU game is basically meaningless, amIright? The gators will have the SECe locked up with the win over UT this week so the only thing that could happen by playing LSU would be the potential for injury before the SECCG. It appears that the SEC decided that the LSU/Bama game was more important than the Arkansas/Bama game because they seem to have dumped Arkansas and put LSU in that slot. I had heard that we would then play Arkansas on Dec. 12 but now I can't find that anywhere so it seems that we may have a week off before playing the Gators for the SECCG.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Other than notching a victory over our cross-division rival, and maybe having the team get more playing time to work out their problems, not sure what other advantages it would bring. Also it's a home game... give the fans one last game to cheer in this crazy season. Just glad we did get to play.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Are they allowing recruits to the games? Any of those would be a good beat down for them to watch, though LSU is really wanted.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Put yourself in the SEC's shoes. You wanna know why the conference does what it does? You gotta think like they think.

Number one first priority is always...will it help 'Bama?
Number two second priority is always...will it hurt a 'Bama rival?
Number three is...will it make us money without hurting 'Bama?
And number four is...RTR. Always RTR.

Alex.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Put yourself in the SEC's shoes. You wanna know why the conference does what it does? You gotta think like they think.

Number one first priority is always...will it help 'Bama?
Number two second priority is always...will it hurt a 'Bama rival?
Number three is...will it make us money without hurting 'Bama?
And number four is...RTR. Always RTR.

Alex.
I think that is the dumbest thing that I've read on this board to date. smh...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think that is the dumbest thing that I've read on this board to date. smh...
Shots fired! Alex is a national treasure and this is an unprecedented attack. Scramble the aircraft!

ezgif-com-gif-maker-7.gif

Slug

I fcuking hate people.
Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2014
1. Because we aren't pussies.
2. Trask needs more numbers for his Heisman.
3. See #1.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Unless there is a COVID attack, I think it's pretty unlikely that Arkansas and Bama won't play the same weekend we play LSU. The SEC isn't going to cancel a game for the sake of giving Bama a bye. But in the unlikely event that happens, Trask gets a big opportunity to impress some Heisman voters and further separate himself from Jones statistically.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC lists the Alabama at Arkansas game on Dec. 12 as tentative. I can tentatively tell you it’s a crock of shyt if Bama gets an extra week to prepare for the SECCG and we don’t, esp under these circumstances.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I expect that the SEC will announce later this week or on Sunday that neither Bama or Florida will play on the 12th to protect the conference championship game just like what the ACC announced yesterday

All the other conference teams will go ahead and play on the 12th

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb