Why South Carolina will beat Florida

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Yep Mac has only lost to Arkansas as a favorite since he has been here.

Yeah that whole Arkansas game is a head scratcher. Don't understand the game plan to that game one bit. Total brain fart on our coaching staff hopefully?

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Losing to Tinerc should be an immediate fireable offense.

Duncecap didn't do that, even at USC.

Besides, "only losing when you are the underdog" doesn't say anything except you are a sucky coach who is an underdog to mediocre teams often.

I agree we shouldn't have lost that one last year after finding ourselves up 21-3 at half. But we could've easily have lost to UT the two previous years. We choked last year no doubt, but I think the Arky game last year had me questioning Mac and staff more than anything. What kind of idiotic game plan was that? Just made absolutely no sense.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
For Real.

Yeah that whole Arkansas game is a head scratcher. Don't understand the game plan to that game one bit. Total brain fart on our coaching staff hopefully?

I think that game was over on LDR's first pass (I think) that Arky scored off of. It was over at the beginning.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Anything is possible, but at least Mac has shown the ability to beat teams we should for the most part, unlike Champ and Zook did.

This is pretty much true, except for Arkansas.

I do think Muschamp is letting Roper run things....and the fact they went to the true freshman mid-season shows he's willing to let Roper run things - which we all know was his Achilles when he was at UF. Muschamp is a buffoon, but he knows defense and if we come in there dlcking around we could easily lose. Under McElwain our team is very similar to Muschamp's UF squad's; we play close games and that could lead to losses. McElwain has sure pulled off his fair share of nail-biters vs. teams we should have beaten soundly (Vandy 13-6, Kentucky 14-9, Vandy 9-7, Florida Atlantic OT).

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I agree we shouldn't have lost that one last year after finding ourselves up 21-3 at half. But we could've easily have lost to UT the two previous years. We choked last year no doubt, but I think the Arky game last year had me questioning Mac and staff more than anything. What kind of idiotic game plan was that? Just made absolutely no sense.

Arkansas was handling us at the line of scrimmage however. It was a combo of that and LDR being exposed even more that game. They ran all over us while we couldn't run on them at all.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Arkansas was handling us at the line of scrimmage however. It was a combo of that and LDR being exposed even more that game. They ran all over us while we couldn't run on them at all.

LDR was injured and never should've been playing in that game, this is what's really troubling to me that the coaching staff knew LDR was hurt and struggling mightily in the game and yet never went to a healthy Appleby. Why on earth at the start of the second half you don't at least try to insert a different QB to see if it creates a spark in your team is beyond me. Just seemed very stubborn to me. Then after the game admit you should've pulled LDR. Hopefully he won't make these kinds of mistakes again

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Didn't matter who we played in that Arkansas game, they were up for the game, we looked like we were going through the motions.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
LDR was injured and never should've been playing in that game, this is what's really troubling to me that the coaching staff knew LDR was hurt and struggling mightily in the game and yet never went to a healthy Appleby. Why on earth at the start of the second half you don't at least try to insert a different QB to see if it creates a spark in your team is beyond me. Just seemed very stubborn to me. Then after the game admit you should've pulled LDR. Hopefully he won't make these kinds of mistakes again

Yep. When Del Rio was marched out there to start the 2nd half I threw a big "WTF!?!?" out. It's unbelievable and brings into question coaching. You HAVE to question it. You saw it, I saw it, Arkansas saw it, the TV crew saw it....but for some reason Jim McElwain and his 100th ranked OC decided to trot him out..... It was similar to Muschamp sending Driskel back out vs. Missouri after his confidence was shattered.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We did look flat, but at least try something different instead of giving up.

Not saying give up or that LDR should have been on the field. Just the way our team looked, I don't know if any of the quarterbacks on our roster would have made a difference. We usually come out flat the game after UGA, and that is why Vandy is a good game to have in that spot. Usually wake up in the 2nd quarter, but we didn't show up at all. That is on coaching and the player, a complete organizational failure.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Yep. When Del Rio was marched out there to start the 2nd half I threw a big "WTF!?!?" out. It's unbelievable and brings into question coaching. You HAVE to question it. You saw it, I saw it, Arkansas saw it, the TV crew saw it....but for some reason Jim McElwain and his 100th ranked OC decided to trot him out..... It was similar to Muschamp sending Driskel back out vs. Missouri after his confidence was shattered.

Haha, it did seem like a punishment to Driskel to have to keep going back out there. I think the kid just would've rather went to the locker room than go back out there.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Not saying give up or that LDR should have been on the field. Just the way our team looked, I don't know if any of the quarterbacks on our roster would have made a difference. We usually come out flat the game after UGA, and that is why Vandy is a good game to have in that spot. Usually wake up in the 2nd quarter, but we didn't show up at all. That is on coaching and the player, a complete organizational failure.

We may have had no chance to win that game, but at least give someone else a shot. Appleby may have come in the game and turned it over three more times and led to an even bigger blowout, but at least you wouldn't have to second guess yourself after the game.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We may have had no chance to win that game, but at least give someone else a shot. Appleby may have come in the game and turned it over three more times and led to an even bigger blowout, but at least you wouldn't have to second guess yourself after the game.

I'm not disagreeing, but I think Appleby was our better option overall. He had the physical skills to challenge a defense. LDR shouldn't have played after the initial injury, it was obvious.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
I'm not disagreeing, but I think Appleby was our better option overall. He had the physical skills to challenge a defense. LDR shouldn't have played after the initial injury, it was obvious.

Honestly Appleby should've been playing from game one, he played against a tougher part of the schedule and mainly road games and had better stats than LDR who seemed to play against most of our weaker opponents.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Honestly Appleby should've been playing from game one, he played against a tougher part of the schedule and mainly road games and had better stats than LDR who seemed to play against most of our weaker opponents.

Yep you could see early in that N Texas game that LDR was going to have problems against the better defenses. He had a lot of throws that were dangerous and might have been picks against the better defenses.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
The USC game is the last thing on my CFB mind right now. Lots of business to be taken care of before we reach that point. (Didn't listen.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb