Why the Mac bashing should stop, even though the bashers are correct

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We're just a bunch of schleps sitting around the bar talking.
Exactly. That was actually in the description of GSMB once. A sports bar atmosphere. People yelling. People saying funny stuff. People being sarcastic. Maybe even taunting one another. Boss wandering around smashed, walking into stuff. Sas trying to pick up a tranny, Avatar. A thousand other characters.

Everyone screaming when we score TD. Screaming fire the coach when we lose.

A big virtual sports bar.

Honestly, if you took away all the stuff other than football, and only the positive football stuff, and only the straight up facts, not opinions about what will happen, should happen, whatever, and no fighting amongst yourself, and no sophomoric nicknames....we'd run out of things to say in 20 posts or so like every other board.

They are out there, and not very active, if that's what your looking for. I hope most of you aren't.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
if you took away all the stuff other than football, and only the positive football stuff, and only the straight up facts, not opinions about what will happen, should happen, whatever, and no fighting amongst yourself, and no sophomoric nicknames....we'd run out of things to say in 20 posts or so like every other board.
You never sat with me watching a game. Pre-game,post game or day after.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I never know with him. He's not completely bipolar like Boss but he's a damn ricochet rabbit also.

I was a Big Mac (not the McDonalds one) fan at first, then I was in wait and see mode due to yuuge struggles, and now I'm off the Mac train until he either does something big (win out or close to it - hiiighly unlikely) or gets canned.

I had a change of heart due to the circumstances and facts around me. Didn't realize that wasn't allowed :lol:

BNAG8R

Founding Member
I don’t care
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I was a Big Mac (not the McDonalds one) fan at first, then I was in wait and see mode due to yuuge struggles, and now I'm off the Mac train until he either does something big (win out or close to it - hiiighly unlikely) or gets canned.

I had a change of heart due to the circumstances and facts around me. Didn't realize that wasn't allowed :lol:

Your new av:

latest

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So while we sit around and gripe about Mac and all the ineptitude he's shown his entire tenure here, places like whorechant are filling up with articles blasting fisher and his staff. Loads of fans are calling for firings, trashing his coaching and playcalling and talking about buyouts.

But yeah, we're the ungrateful, impatient ones who are different from other fan bases....

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
So while we sit around and gripe about Mac and all the ineptitude he's shown his entire tenure here, places like whorechant are filling up with articles blasting fisher and his staff. Loads of fans are calling for firings, trashing his coaching and playcalling and talking about buyouts.

But yeah, we're the ungrateful, impatient ones who are different from other fan bases....
Durty nails it. Jimbo has won a NC and they want him gone. All fan bases are the same.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I never know with him. He's not completely bipolar like Boss but he's a damn ricochet rabbit also.

blast from the past............

Your new av:

latest
Bing, Bing,..........Biiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggg!

All of our opinions, whether based on solid rationale or lingering emotions, are the salt and pepper that make the dish that is Gator Chatter savory and keeps us coming back for second helpings.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
you're comparing us to nulls? :shakehead:
There's been a running narrative that other fan bases are satisfied with their coaches and don't gripe or bail on them when things aren't going well; and this narrative has been pushed for teams that aren't even as good as us. It's total BS. Yall should hear the bama fans sunday morning after a loss. The radio shows are hilarious ; spent at least one weekend a month in Birmingham for 4 years and it was comic gold when they'd occasionally lose.

Meanwhile the social media mobs and message board posters are calling for jimbo's head as well as their DC, Charles Kelley, and their Oline coach, Trickett. Just dispelling this notion perpetuated by snobs that those of us who complain about the gators are horrible fans.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There's been a running narrative that other fan bases are satisfied with their coaches and don't gripe or bail on them when things aren't going well; and this narrative has been pushed for teams that aren't even as good as us. It's total BS. Yall should hear the bama fans sunday morning after a loss. The radio shows are hilarious ; spent at least one weekend a month in Birmingham for 4 years and it was comic gold when they'd occasionally lose.

Meanwhile the social media mobs and message board posters are calling for jimbo's head as well as their DC, Charles Kelley, and their Oline coach, Trickett. Just dispelling this notion perpetuated by snobs that those of us who complain about the gators are horrible fans.
you're in on it too? :shakehead:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Indeed they would. So I doubt that all fan bases are the same. Even after UMass Butch has staunch defenders.

My dad's side of the family is all UT fans (from the Knoxville, Maryville, east Tenn area). They HATE Butch Jones and have for 2+ years. I'm sure there are plenty of sunshine pumper's in every fan base, but the UT base is done with him. Barring a complete turn around, beating Alabama, winning the SEC Butch is done. Stick a fork in. Dead man walking....

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
My dad's side of the family is all UT fans (from the Knoxville, Maryville, east Tenn area). They HATE Butch Jones and have for 2+ years. I'm sure there are plenty of sunshine pumper's in every fan base, but the UT base is done with him. Barring a complete turn around, beating Alabama, winning the SEC Butch is done. Stick a fork in. Dead man walking....
How many years have people been saying this? And still the beat goes on.. brick by brick... Check volnation. Wouldn't have lasted even five years here and he may be there indefinitely.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
How many years have people been saying this? And still the beat goes on.. brick by brick... Check volnation. Wouldn't have lasted even five years here and he may be there indefinitely.

Well, their financial situation is in much worse shape than ours. They are in debt, in fact. So I'm sure that has something to do with it. And honestly, he's in the Mark Richt mode (soon to be Jim McElwain mode, minus the East) where he's winning just enough to keep his job.

Bielema's buyout is $15.5 million! Here's an article on it from this week:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/a...buyout-shouldnt-save-him-team-collapses-2017/

I don’t like telling anybody how to spend their money.

It seems preachy. It also doesn’t seem fair for someone like myself, who has never made a multi-million dollar decision, to act like an expert on the subject. I wouldn’t make the world’s best financial advisor.

Having said that, I know how much value the Arkansas football program means to the university. Hence, I have no problem giving Arkansas athletics director Jeff Long the green light if he feels compelled to do what many are calling for in Fayetteville.

That is, fire Bret Bielema and pay him his massive $15.5 million buyout.

The season is young, but after Saturday’s loss to Texas A&M dropped the Hogs to 1-2, the subject seems to be gaining steam. What will it take for Bielema to keep his job? Would Long really be willing to write a check that big?

Those are fair questions at this point. Bielema’s 10-23 record vs. SEC competition has his seat as hot as it’s been since he arrived in Fayetteville.

But while that hefty buyout might give Bielema a bubble-wrapped layer of security, it should be popped if his team crumbles.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
How long has Butch been at U Tenn?
How long has Bielema been at Arky?

How long would we have tolerated either?
When's the last time either of those programs won anything of value? Hell, when's the last time either of those programs even mattered? For tennessee it would be the 90s, for ark its even longer. We let chump hang out for 4 years, even after going 4-8. I guess that wasn't enough either.

Once again, you are showing that you care more about positivity than results.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb