Why the Mac bashing should stop, even though the bashers are correct

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Dirty, I honestly don't get it. What are you talking about.
All fans gripe about their team when they are performing badly; many, like bammers, do so even when they are owning everyone. And it certainly doesn't solidify job security for the coach as you argued earlier.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
All fans gripe about their team when they are performing badly; many, like bammers, do so even when they are owning everyone. And it certainly doesn't solidify job security for the coach as you argued earlier.
Do you think that this board reflects his popularity, or lack thereof, accurately?

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Do you think that this board reflects his popularity, or lack thereof, accurately?
Yes, I do. I don't know a single solitary individual outside of a few posters on this board that has anything but bad things to say about mac. And I know and work with a TON of alums. Social media reflects the same super majority attitude as well.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yes, I do. I don't know a single solitary individual outside of a few posters on this board that has anything but bad things to say about mac. And I know and work with a TON of alums. Social media reflects the same super majority attitude as well.
The polls continue to show support and the press writes laudatory articles about his ability to overcome obstacles and win close games.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You live in a very surreal world. Are you completely cutoff from any other Gator fans?

Hell, even the Superpumpers at Swamp Ass are ready to dump Butters.

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You live in a very surreal world. Are you completely cutoff from any other Gator fans.

Hell, even the Superpumpers at Swamp Ass are ready to dump Butters.
You make a point. I am virtually isolated from fellow Gators. However, I do read and watch sports shoes. None of them talk about dissatisfaction with Mac and many continually laud his ability to win the East when an underdog.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Do you consider being an underdog at Kentucky and for seven other games this year a sign of competence in a coach?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
You make a point. I am virtually isolated from fellow Gators. However, I do read and watch sports shoes. None of them talk about dissatisfaction with Mac and many continually laud his ability to win the East when an underdog.
Those opinions, without question, come from people that haven't watched the games.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
What if luck gets Florida into the SECCG and somehow Alabama decides to have a bad day. Dumpers will not know what to do.
images

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The polls continue to show support and the press writes laudatory articles about his ability to overcome obstacles and win close games.
The polls? You mean those online ones from places like saturdaydownsouth that anyone, including rival fans, can vote on? Not exactly accurate.

Matter of fact, that's how you really know if you have a good coach. Ask any of our rivals whether or not they like him or if he should be fired. If the answer isnt "hell no" and "I hope that punk gets canned" then he's not getting it done. I dont know a single rival fan that even gives mac a second thought, let alone wishes he weren't the HC.

Oh, and Ive been seeing a lot of articles heavily critical of mac and his staff as well. I saw 3 just today. One on SDS, one on ESPN and one of another SEC site. I'm still waiting for a piece praising him, and finding one from bianchi doesn't count. All that tool ever does is play contrarian to the fan base b/c he likes to piss off the fans. The fact that he is wagging his fingers at fans for being hard on good ol mac recently is even MORE proof that mac sucks.

As far as overcoming obstacles and winning close games. He's won close games against absolute trash teams. And against good teams weve been beaten by double digits almost every time. He's averaging 4 losses a year so far, and only 1 wasnt by double digits. He's also lost by more than 14 points in 6 of those 9 losses. You know the reason noone cares that he wins close games? Because fans know we shouldnt be in close games against vandy, against kentucky, against freaking FAU just like they know we shouldnt be getting blown out by fsu, michigan, and arkansas.

With all due respect, I think you are completely delusional about not only the state of the football program, but also the state of the fan base.

Last edited:

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking the "confidence" that players have in him counts most - even if it comes from an emotional "love" for Coach. The dumper fansight has proved accurate - that Mac is over his head as HC of a P5 CFB program. However, his tenure has been 'karmarinated' on Luck = timing when the SEC East had all weak teams & lucky with his last 2 wins.
But these huge buyouts influence how dynamic & effective the CEO AD can be - not to mention Mac winning his 3rd
straight UF appearance in the Nationally televised SEC CG. There may be a God-like ID (Intelligent Designer) behind all this and we get long-time stuck with Mac and Mac learns slowly how to be untruda Buddha.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator