Why the NCAA won't punish Baylor

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
You would think they would be excited to go after a Baylor after they chickened out on Penn St. You know SMU has got to be saying WTF.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Unfortunitely that may be accurate in this case. This is a criminal action, and the people should all be locked up. But it wasn't a violation of the sport. It's sad but true.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
The won't do anything because they apparently are gutless.

gingerlover

Lifetime Member
Sep 20, 2014
Unfortunitely that may be accurate in this case. This is a criminal action, and the people should all be locked up. But it wasn't a violation of the sport. It's sad but true.
I would agree if the coaches and administrators hadn't been trying to bury it. That's where it bleeds over for me.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I would agree if the coaches and administrators hadn't been trying to bury it. That's where it bleeds over for me.

And the coaches and administrators should go to prison, just like the Penn State did (or are they still going to trail over that).

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think when they gave SMU the "Death Penalty", they did not realize how long it would take SMU football to recover.
SMU is still not a major player in prime CFB.

So, the NCAA should acknowledge the evil at Baylor and deal out a punishment like demand money (lots of it) to be extracted directly from their CFB program. Example, take the last recorded budget for Baylor-football, and have them deduct 35% of the funds that come in at that level and above. Baylor's CFB program should send that money to protective services for female coeds' activities, even to the point of paying for a Waco vice-squad officers at lounges & parties etc. to sit in a highchair like a lifeguard, to see and be seen.

When I lived in Virginia (Blacksburg), the liquor stores were government monopoly stores. You go into that store and there is a counter with Gov-uniformed service persons. The walls were wood paneling with an inset holding a bottle of liquor, maybe 5 of those.

An insurance salesman friend of mine took me with him to buy multiple bottles of booze for a big party he was throwing for his numerous clients. At the ABC (automatic beverage control) store, a uniformed "cop" came out with a preprinted map, got his address, circled it and told him to point out to his guests the police car sitting across from his house for the duration of the party.

Those stores aren't suitable for the way I have to shop for booze. I have to peruse the aisles, spotting bottles I remember -- Maker's Mark, oh I remember liking that in my youth, Wild Turkey too. Once I bought a bottle of Calvert Extra just because of the warning tag. The fiery red tag said: "Caution. Contents are extremely flammable. Do not place bottle near any hot appliance, nor near candles, etc. = It was 121 Proof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.