Why was Trask playing so late in the game?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Mullen is nice enough that he may have asked Trask: "When do you want to come out, son?" And Trask said: "Let me break 400."
From here on, I approve of EJ playing the entire 2nd half, if we are far ahead. But now we are auditioning for the best TV bowl-site these boys can get. Heavy scoring teams are the most coveted by bowl committees. And that pleases recruits too.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Love it! Abused for years for liking Trask and defending him, and now abused for not agreeing that he is perfect. Only on Gator Chatter!
Who said he was perfect?

The guy isn't a great runner....wouldn't even call him a good runner. But he can get out of his own way and get a few yards when he needs to. He's Michael Vick in comparison to someone like Tom Brady, who is the slowest QB I have ever seen.

You are on the "banned-for-life" bubble now. Tread lightly.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Who said he was perfect?

The guy isn't a great runner....wouldn't even call him a good runner. But he can get out of his own way and get a few yards when he needs to. He's Michael Vick in comparison to someone like Tom Brady, who is the slowest QB I have ever seen.

You are on the "banned-for-life" bubble now. Tread lightly.
If Trask only ran only as well as, say, Burrows, we would have a far more powerful offense.
And, btw, Brady doesn't play in CDM's offense.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Trask only ran only as well as, say, Burrows, we would have a far more powerful offense.
And, btw, Brady doesn't play in CDM's offense.
I get it, you're one of the tiny handful of people that is insistent that UF bench the only bright spot on the entire team, and one of the greatest stories in college football history.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I get it, you're one of the tiny handful of people that is insistent that UF bench the only bright spot on the entire team, and one of the greatest stories in college football history.
Don't think that I said that, but I am not one who thinks that the job is automatically his if he only returns. I expect EJ to either beat him out or, at worst, be part of a two QB system. And I thought that EJ was failing to develop up until the last few games.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Don't think that I said that, but I am not one who thinks that the job is automatically his if he only returns. I expect EJ to either beat him out or, at worst, be part of a two QB system. And I thought that EJ was failing to develop up until the last few games.
If Mullen isn't going to build the offense around his skills, he should tell him now so he can transfer.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
If Mullen isn't going to build the offense around his skills, he should tell him now so he can transfer.
You take that back. It’s Mullen’s job to tailor the offense to his players, not boot out the bright spots. If Hev can’t find a way to produce a run blocking OL when the perfect QB for the system isn’t available, maybe its time to find a new OL coach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.