Why we won

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
You know, I don’t! It may be a little embarrassing, but I put Sonny’s beans as the “gold standard”, but I’d be excited to try a good recipe. Do you have one?
No, I just add the vinegar and brown sugar to sonny’s or bush’s, whichever Publix has BOGO at the time... sometimes I slice up a hot dog... I LOVE slicing up a hot dog in spaghettios!

Where do you shop for your beans?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
I do! A few weeks ago I had the best baked beans prepared by a professional chef. Just so happens that he wrote the recipe and I took a photo. Here you go!
Thanks, man! I appreciate it! Keep ‘em coming!

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Thanks, man! I appreciate it! Keep ‘em coming!
He had a few different types of beans. Kidney, black, pinto. Of course the ingredients like the beans and tomatoes he used were all grown by a local farmer who grows over 100 varieties of garden veggies in his incredible gardens.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
regular chili is unbeatable, but I like to mix it up with some crockpot white bean chicken chili...

• 2-3 chicken breasts
  • 32 oz low sodium chicken stock
  • 2 (cans great northern white beans
  • 2 cans diced green chiles
  • 1 jalapeno chopped up
  • 2 cans hominy
  • cayenne pepper to your liking
8 hours in the crockpot while youre at work.
What kind of crockpot and what volume?

Do you have a fancy programmable electronic one or “idiot proof” with knobs and why you made that decision and if you did research, which crockpots did you consider?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
regular chili is unbeatable, but I like to mix it up with some crockpot white bean chicken chili...

• 2-3 chicken breasts
  • 32 oz low sodium chicken stock
  • 2 (cans great northern white beans
  • 2 cans diced green chiles
  • 1 jalapeno chopped up
  • 2 cans hominy
  • cayenne pepper to your liking
8 hours in the crockpot while youre at work.
Hominy...nice addition. I have a coworker who makes his own. Can't beat it.

backstop13

Behind Enemy Lines
Lifetime Member
Sep 7, 2014
What kind of crockpot and what volume?

Do you have a fancy programmable electronic one or “idiot proof” with knobs and why you made that decision and if you did research, which crockpots did you consider?

It's just a standard 7 quart crockpot with the high, low, and warm settings. It's got a 4 hour high, 6 hour high, 8 hour low, and a 10 hour low setting and flips over to warm once the timer is done. It's pretty idiot proof, making it great for me.

I didn't do any research, just used used whatever the wife had bought.

I cook this particular one on either the 8 or 10 hour low settings, and the chicken pretty much falls apart and shreds with a fork.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
It's just a standard 7 quart crockpot with the high, low, and warm settings. It's got a 4 hour high, 6 hour high, 8 hour low, and a 10 hour low setting and flips over to warm once the timer is done. It's pretty idiot proof, making it great for me.

I didn't do any research, just used used whatever the wife had bought.

I cook this particular one on either the 8 or 10 hour low settings, and the chicken pretty much falls apart and shreds with a fork.
Thanks! Hey, how many liters is 7 quarts?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
My wife's Aunt makes a simple potato salad with oil, vinegar, cucumber, potato, and salt and pepper to taste.
I use Heinz white vinegar, but a secret is if you can get Heinz white vinegar from Canada. I don’t know why it is so much better, it just is, especially on french fries and poutine

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb