Why Will Grier ultimately transferred from Florida

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And yet, you can smoke drugs, get caught driving with them, sometimes on a suspended license, and be involved in sexual assault type situations but only miss a game every now and then.

For a couple posters determined to defend Mac by painting everything with the broad brush of moral equivalency, this seems pretty inconsistent.

+ 2,017

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Will Grier basically ruined the entire 2015 season by himself. I appreciate the memories he gave us with the back to back wins over UT and Ole Miss in The Swamp, but that's about it. Kick rocks, son.

Anyone who believes Grier's sob story clearly hasn't paid attention to his helicopter father or his narcissistic ways. I'm sure he'll do fine in an offensive system that throws the ball 60 times against ghost defenses. Hell, Clint Trickett did well in it. That's the standard. :lol:

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
West Virginia opens with a nationally televised visit to Virginia Tech on Sunday night, the only game on the slate. Just the high-visibility opportunity Grier needs to let Mac know what he thinks about no longer being a Gator.

It'll hurt all the more if we're 0-1 while we watch.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe that the suspension was the only issue with Grier. Look at the father, look at the family. It's a me first attitude and a look at me environment. We all know the rumors about the partying and issues there. I think Treon starting was some passive aggressive mind games with Mac. I also think the suspension was beyond the last draw. We certainly don't know what all happened, but my thoughts are that the kid was a cancer on the team and Mac had an opportunity to jettison him before it affected the locker room. I hate that he had to leave, but I really don't think it was just over the suspension. I think there was much more to it.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
I am not a Mac fan myself, but c'mon theNCAA suspended Grier for a full year. He can win every game in a WVU uniform and throw for 400 yards a game and I won't miss him. He screwed the team for the remainder of the 2015 season and screwed us last season because we had to start LDR. I would've made him wait longer than two hours for what he pulled. Did he expect Mac not to recruit a highly rated QB. Even worse he was wearing Danny's number. A complete disgrace to the #7.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good on Mac that he cured the cancer by giving us Crohn's disease.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't believe that the suspension was the only issue with Grier. Look at the father, look at the family. It's a me first attitude and a look at me environment. We all know the rumors about the partying and issues there. I think Treon starting was some passive aggressive mind games with Mac. I also think the suspension was beyond the last draw. We certainly don't know what all happened, but my thoughts are that the kid was a cancer on the team and Mac had an opportunity to jettison him before it affected the locker room. I hate that he had to leave, but I really don't think it was just over the suspension. I think there was much more to it.
I'd be inclined to have the same feelings on the matter, if not for the fact that Mac has continued to keep a certain player on the team who has become synonymous with team cancer. And I don't have to name the individual, that's how clear this individuals habitual behavior has been.

If Mac's rationale for the Grier jettisoning is due to locker room cancer or bad influence reasons, I'd say he's woefully inconsistent.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hypocrisy is on full display.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Grier asked to transfer, he wasn't kicked off the team. Maybe we're splitting hairs here, but he left on his own.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Grier asked to transfer, he wasn't kicked off the team. Maybe we're splitting hairs here, but he left on his own.
Very possibly. None of us really know. I suspect the truth is nowhere near as sinister as Grier has stated, nor anywhere close to as virtuous as Mac has intimated. I would say that if he was told, you aren't in the cards anymore and we think you'd be better starting over elsewhere, that his request for a transfer is simply a natural response. Did that happen? Don't know, but it's very possible.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd be inclined to have the same feelings on the matter, if not for the fact that Mac has continued to keep a certain player on the team who has become synonymous with team cancer. And I don't have to name the individual, that's how clear this individuals habitual behavior has been.

If Mac's rationale for the Grier jettisoning is due to locker room cancer or bad influence reasons, I'd say he's woefully inconsistent.
I see where you're coming from, and I'm not going to disagree. I'm simply going to say that Grier gave Mac an easy out and Callaway has not. Heck Callaway has an open Title IX suit against UF. He did get rid of Treon, but he sucked and that was easy. So Callaway is the closest example and we don't know all the factors. I hope that Mac's inconsistency is because of other circumstances, but we just don't know. So I can't defend the inconsistency or argue that he is being inconsistent. If Callaway is allowed another pass or if we find out that the debit card was his idea, then we can hang Mac on the issue. I'm with the kick Callaway off the team right now crowd, FTR.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Well said. I'm in that camp as well. He's an embarrassment, and he's not even that good of a player. I don't get it, at all.

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
And yet, you can smoke drugs, get caught driving with them, sometimes on a suspended license, be involved in sexual assault type situations and steal from the school but only miss a game every now and then.

For a couple posters determined to defend Mac by painting everything with the broad brush of moral equivalency, this seems pretty inconsistent.
Well, I ain't most posters. I barely post on here anymore because I'm tired of hearing a bunch of crybabies. Mac may not be the best but he is who we have right now and if you can't tell we are moving in the right direction, slowly but moving. It takes a while to move rail cars from a train wreck.

Now crack, weed and whatever will get you a week off but everyone that plays sports knows a PED gets you D-O-N-E done. It sucks but that idiot made the decision on his own.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
My stance is Grier f@cked himself and the team over. Grier screwed Grier and he can look in the mirror and know that.
And yet Mac screwed the team over by forcing him to leave. 2016 would've been better and we'd be legit CFP contenders if WG was here. The blame is 50/50 especially when Mac hardly punishes his guys

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Well, I ain't most posters. I barely post on here anymore because I'm tired of hearing a bunch of crybabies. Mac may not be the best but he is who we have right now and if you can't tell we are moving in the right direction, slowly but moving. It takes a while to move rail cars from a train wreck.

Now crack, weed and whatever will get you a week off but everyone that plays sports knows a PED gets you D-O-N-E done. It sucks but that idiot made the decision on his own.
This post is bad and you should feel bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator