Why Will Grier ultimately transferred from Florida

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Perhaps I was not clear, just having the meeting means to me that he was desiring some assurances beyond actually winning the job by his performance. That is a guarantee in my mind. If he was my son I would have told him as a Gator stay, work hard, make no more mistakes and everything will work out well.

Grier is a WV player now so that is that. Depending on how this season goes Mac might be on a hot seat but the Grier mess shouldnt have anything to do with it. Him and his arrogant fathers attitude made him leave. It wasnt like he was cut. I am surprised they didnt have the ambulance chaser release a statement on the matter for them.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Grier is a WV player now so that is that. Depending on how this season goes Mac might be on a hot seat but the Grier mess shouldnt have anything to do with it. Him and his arrogant fathers attitude made him leave. It wasnt like he was cut. I am surprised they didnt have the ambulance chaser release a stement on the matter for them.
:bob:

Look I'm not really on either side of this, but to state as fact that he wasn't "cut" is pretty ridiculous based on the little we know. I guess all those kids from bama that take medical hardship transfers after 1 season and then are playing with no physical issues somewhere else the following fall weren't cut either right? Cmon, this thing isn't as bad as Grier and his dad has painted it, but it darn sure isn't as snow white as saint Mac has implied either.

Let's just all get over it, it's done and it ain't changing.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:bob:

Look I'm not really on either side of this, but to state as fact that he wasn't "cut" is pretty ridiculous based on the little we know. I guess all those kids from bama that take medical hardship transfers after 1 season and then are playing with no physical issues somewhere else the following fall weren't cut either right? Cmon, this thing isn't as bad as Grier and his dad has painted it, but it darn sure isn't as snow white as saint Mac has implied either.

Let's just all get over it, it's done and it ain't changing.

Well Mac wasnt worrying about scholarship numbers then. Hopefully we win or Grier loses 4 games this year so it will be dropped.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I see where you're coming from, and I'm not going to disagree. I'm simply going to say that Grier gave Mac an easy out and Callaway has not. Heck Callaway has an open Title IX suit against UF. He did get rid of Treon, but he sucked and that was easy. So Callaway is the closest example and we don't know all the factors. I hope that Mac's inconsistency is because of other circumstances, but we just don't know. So I can't defend the inconsistency or argue that he is being inconsistent. If Callaway is allowed another pass or if we find out that the debit card was his idea, then we can hang Mac on the issue. I'm with the kick Callaway off the team right now crowd, FTR.

I wonder if the difference is that Mac sees griers transgression as willingly trying to cheat vs Callaway having no proper direction/upbringing issue in his life.

Personally I would take grier all day and lose Callaway. But Maybe Mac feels he can rehab Callaway but hates cheaters, thus the disregard for grier.

Just thinking that may be his thought process.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
If we suck this year at QB, and Grier lights it up, it certainly will not be dropped. Good QBs don't grow on trees.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I wonder if the difference is that Mac sees griers transgression as willingly trying to cheat vs Callaway having no proper direction/upbringing issue in his life.

Personally I would take grier all day and lose Callaway. But Maybe Mac feels he can rehab Callaway but hates cheaters, thus the disregard for grier.

Well callaway certainly needs rehab, on this we all agree.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Callaway is high dee high dee high dee high.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member

The cheating was a red herring. It wasn't what bothered Mac. What bothered him was the feeling that his freshman QB was too big for his britches and that his flamboyant, meddlesome father only added to the feeling. I have no question in my mind that Mac had it in for Grier from day one.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
The cheating was a red herring. It wasn't what bothered Mac. What bothered him was the feeling that his freshman QB was too big for his britches and that his flamboyant, meddlesome father only added to the feeling. I have no question in my mind that Mac had it in for Grier from day one.
That could be, but I feel like the Del Rios are even worse and Mac seems to love those bozos

Blacklabgator

Lurking Member
Lifetime Member
Jul 7, 2014
Are we still crying over this coke head ? The guy had posters of Tony Montoya is his room .

There's more jilted lovers over him than Urban

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
That's pathetic if true... power play with a player? I don't buy it...

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014
Yeah. He ****ed up the Grier situation.

He better hope that Franks has it.

I don't get why so many on this board hate Grier.
yeah I hope Franks has it too.

Will Grier will have a big year. he should have stayed the gators should have wanted him but it didn't work out that way. in my eyes the head coach has this year and next year to really develop the team into a contender.

Scott512

Sep 1, 2014

I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment. and if we are right that means coach Mac made the wrong call here. Will Grier would not have turned out to be Tim Tebow but to compared to these other quarterbacks the last few years it would have seemed like he was.

I don't mind coach Max sticking with Calloway and these other trouble players because some of them do have Futures in the NFL and I'd like to see the make it but they obviously don't have their s*** together and Will Grier does compared to these guys.

can you imagine if Will Grier is in the Heisman discussion this year? :bwahaha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator