Why yes, I will be going to Apollos games to watch Spurrier coach!

no1g8r

Bringing Reason to the dumb masses
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
First game is in Atlanta, against the Atlanta Legends, on February 9th.

I'm living near Atlanta and will make the trek to pull for Spurrier and the Apollos.

CORRECTION: First game is against Atlanta, but in Orlando. I'll have to make the trek to the den to watch the game instead.

Last edited:

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
First game is in Atlanta, against the Atlanta Legends, on February 9th.

I'm living near Atlanta and will make the trek to pull for Spurrier and the Apollos.
First game is against Atlanta, but it is in Orlando - full schedule:

upload_2019-1-13_19-11-20.jpeg

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'll go. They're playing 5 minutes from my house, the tickets are cheap, Spurrier's coaching and they sell beer. What's not to like?

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
First game is against Atlanta, but it is in Orlando - full schedule:

Bummer. I don't know why I thought it was in Atlanta...wishful thinking, I guess. I would have sworn that I saw tickets for sale somewhere indicating the game was at MB stadium in Atlanta.

Thanks for letting me know. I'll have to watch it on TV.

no1g8r

Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2017
The games are not televised. It's going to be like trying to catch an ABA game on TV in the '70's.

Fortunately that first game will be televised. And at least one game per week will be televised as well. Other than that games can be viewed via the Alliance App

"The Alliance is committed to providing the ultimate fan viewing experience, connecting them with the game like never before. Fans will be able to stream Alliance matchups live via the free Alliance app..."

Alliance of American Football unveils 2019 schedule, features Steve Spurrier coaching in opener

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
The games are not televised. It's going to be like trying to catch an ABA game on TV in the '70's.

I can't resist a reference to the ABA without posting a picture of a member of the all Hair Team back in the day. Darnell Hillman of the Indiana Pacers. Guy was a good player also. For those who remember or watched that league, I recommend the book "Loose Balls" by Terry Pluto. It chronicles the league and has plenty of LOL true stories. But here is to you Darnell:
upload_2019-1-13_11-29-4.jpeg

images

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I hope they have that app for Amazon devices, I guess I could watch on my computer.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014

ESPNU should be showing all of these games (or ESPN2 or SEC Network or any other network). This will certainly get more viewers than PBA (bowling) or some of the other crap they show in the off-season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hope they have that app for Amazon devices, I guess I could watch on my computer.
Kindl you mean?

A friend of mine had one, got tired of the Amazon stuff and rooted it to run regular Android.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
So, he's finally coaching some bow and arrows... :eek:... sling around the ball park Coach!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator