Recruiting Wide Receiver Recruiting

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I always thought it was SOS who was our best coach and recruiter for wrs. Kinda why DD disappeared after SOS left.

I’m sure SOS influenced the recruiting, but I doubt he had time to coach the WRs in addition to HBC, OC and QB duties.

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
I always thought it was SOS who was our best coach and recruiter for wrs. Kinda why DD disappeared after SOS left.

DD was a finalist for the Broyles award (best assistant coach in the nation) in 2001, his final year under SOS.

Zook retained him and he recruited and developed Andre Caldwell, Jemalle Cornelius, Chad Jackson, and Dallas Baker under Zook.

A lot of us wanted Muschamp to keep him on too. But, we found out later, Muschamp wasn’t a forward pass kind of guy. Dixon was a great Gator as a player and coach. It took a DWAG ****er to run him out.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018

That’s called M&M syndrome...similar to PTSD...we forgot all of our past successes due to our recent failures

Oscar the G

Nov 7, 2018
DD was a finalist for the Broyles award (best assistant coach in the nation) in 2001, his final year under SOS.

Zook retained him and he recruited and developed Andre Caldwell, Jemalle Cornelius, Chad Jackson, and Dallas Baker under Zook.

A lot of us wanted Muschamp to keep him on too. But, we found out later, Muschamp wasn’t a forward pass kind of guy. Dixon was a great Gator as a player and coach. It took a DWAG ****er to run him out.
The best part is who really knows? Did dixon recruit those guys because they were in his territory? Because zook gave him free reign? Who is his top recruit in the last 15 years? Who has he developed since? Those guys mentioned all had better years after he left -that's expected right?. But isnt it similar to saying kerry dixon developed swain and hammond?

Is meyer a dawg ****er?

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014

I was surprised SOS didn't bring him to SC while he was there.

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019

Oh well, sometimes the facts don’t fit the narrative. Sorry I broke the board’s cherry on that principle,.

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
The best part is who really knows? Did dixon recruit those guys because they were in his territory? Because zook gave him free reign? Who is his top recruit in the last 15 years? Who has he developed since? Those guys mentioned all had better years after he left -that's expected right?. But isnt it similar to saying kerry dixon developed swain and hammond?

Is meyer a dawg ****er?

Had a major brain fart and then keyboarded it it for posterity. My excuse is I just like blaming everything gone wrong with Gator football on Foley and his last two hires, especially Muschamp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.