Recruiting Wide Receiver Recruiting

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, but none of the WRs that he signed were from Ohio nor did they know who Earle Bruce was.
You understand that recruiting is primary geographic, not by position, right?

fischerwood

Wake me when we fix this mess
Sep 5, 2014
Have you ever been to Ohio? a lot of Italians the more north and east you go. Germans in the south and west.

Most of the rust belt towns are still old school italian mob run in part.
Uh yeah, I was born in Toledo...left at 7 yo, from an Irish/German heritage

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
It almost looks like we’re not even trying to land premiere high school wideouts. We’re just waiting for them to enter transfer portals.
It’s the Foley way - way cheaper. Let the other schools bagmen fund their recruitment then we’ll swoop them up - free of charge - once they’re unhappy. Foley would be proud.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It almost looks like we’re not even trying to land premiere high school wideouts. We’re just waiting for them to enter transfer portals.

Similar to teams in the NFL who try to build through Free Agency, it's a failed system. You build through recruiting and fill minor holes through the portal. In the NFL you build through the draft and fill minor holes or the last piece in the puzzle through Free Agency.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Similar to teams in the NFL who try to build through Free Agency, it's a failed system. You build through recruiting and fill minor holes through the portal. In the NFL you build through the draft and fill minor holes or the last piece in the puzzle through Free Agency.
That’s what we’ve been doing...

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
WR/TE will be positions of strength next year. Cope, Grimes and Pitts are known assets. Marks, Weston and Whittemore are unproven but all will become assets.....particularly De’Markis. I think Zip steps up and if we get Shorter?

Pierce, Davis and Clement will be solid running behind a better OL.

Trask, EJ and AR.....another strength.

But it will be fun discussing for the next 6 months that we are limited.

We’re going to be damn good.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
There were players that said Weston might be the fastest if not one of the fastest guys on the whole team...with his size that would be incredible

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
You understand that recruiting is primary geographic, not by position, right?
I get it - the point is, Earle Bruce is not helping him recruit. The Ohio / Urban is helping him recruit. That's what the comment was about. Smith, himself, is not that great considering he left and the next guy is doing the same thing.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
There were players that said Weston might be the fastest if not one of the fastest guys on the whole team...with his size that would be incredible

I am very excited about this kid. I think we are going to have multiple assets in the passing game. It’s going to be fun.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Definitely...and adding Frazier’s is great...I hope we get Manuel in this class and shorter would be a nice add

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

Let it play out and then we will compare our predictions. But if you’re not saying we will be limited....we agree.

Buckman2000

Oct 1, 2016
You guys are forgetting the RS freshman Wright at RB. The depth chart is Pierce, Davis, Wright, Clement. Wright was a damned good running back prior to his injury in high school. Kid is intriguing

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.