Recruiting Wide Receiver Recruiting

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
Ya... Because one is manly and the other isn’t. But switch their pants - assuming no rips or tears - and you’d see no difference. Manly men look that way no matter what.

I gotta disagree there...and as a side note skinny jeans are for chicks...period...but they are completely different in cut and style

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I bet he’s got random tattoos on his forearms and wrists - probably chest too - that have “meaning”. Like a roaring lion or large oxen.

Im covered in tattoos smoke pot and wear Jorts crocs and don’t own collared shirts...but even I know skinny jeans are lame

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
Im covered in tattoos smoke pot and wear Jorts crocs and don’t own collared shirts...but even I know skinny jeans are lame
I’m not talking about full sleeves - just the random one or two that was popular with emo bands forever.

JDW

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
I’m not talking about full sleeves - just the random one or two that was popular with emo bands forever.

Yeah that’s completely lame...you either have to go all out or just stay away from it

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
Henderson committing is huge, and puts Gonzo in better light. I’m back on the fence. If the other stud receiver makes grades and Shorter is worth a dam and transfers, then I guess Gonzo doesn’t deserve to be in “Knoxville” or be spoken of in “English” terms.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Henderson committing is huge, and puts Gonzo in better light. I’m back on the fence. If the other stud receiver makes grades and Shorter is worth a dam and transfers, then I guess Gonzo doesn’t deserve to be in “Knoxville” or be spoken of in “English” terms.
I think Fraziers is going to be legit along with Henderson. If Weston can prove to be serviceable, we could be fine.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015

The WR position group went into decline when Billy G. left and has had significant improvement since he returned. Part of that improvement has been personnel (Jefferson, Grimes),part of it has been development (Hammond, Swain), part has been scheming to the team’s abilities. He’s the only good WR coach we’ve had since Dwayne Davis.

I wouldn’t ponder his departure without a list of upgrades, especially given his integral role on the staff.

I wonder if he was trying to deflect away from the passive “develop me” mindset in favor of taking guys who seize ownership of their development? I know which I would rather coach.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
The WR position group went into decline when Billy G. left and has had significant improvement since he returned. Part of that improvement has been personnel (Jefferson, Grimes),part of it has been development (Hammond, Swain), part has been scheming to the team’s abilities. He’s the only good WR coach we’ve had since Dwayne Davis.

I wouldn’t ponder his departure without a list of upgrades, especially given his integral role on the staff.

I wonder if he was trying to deflect away from the passive “develop me” mindset in favor of taking guys who seize ownership of their development? I know which I would rather coach.
Dwayne Dixon?

Woodstork

Dec 19, 2019
He’s the only good WR coach we’ve had since Dwayne Dixon.

Agree 100%. The episode with Redding is looking more and more like an isolated event as opposed to a pattern.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The concept "UF doesn't develop players" should never come out of a recruiter's mouth. Heck, that idea should never even exist in a recruiter's mind. These high-star recruits at age 17-18 are dreaming of having a college career that gets them into the NFL. Do you think that high-school youngster thinks he's already got what it takes to play in the NFL? He yearns for development, publicity, and needs that from the college he goes to.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I refuse to believe that any UF coach said anything that stupid. He was probably asked why UF wasn't recruiting harder or offering. He should have said that the recruit didn't fit our scheme, but then he would have had to explain why, so he probably said that we recruited more polished receivers or ones that we didn't have to develop so much. The parent was hurt by UF's lack of interest and put things in the worst possible light.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
ARGHHHHHHH!!!! FIRE HIM NOW!!!!!

Seriously though... when we whiff on RBs this cycle, the whole board will be right there with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator