Will a close loss to Alabama satisfy you?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Fishon said:
The Original DC;n52900 said:
We are not Tennessee. We don't high-five and pat each other on the ass over moral victories. I want to win.

I think Ox was more talking about are we going to have the typical meltdowns or will people be merely disappointed in losing a hard fought game? No one is suggesting celebrating a loss
I get that, there are ways to lose games, then there are ways to lose games. I'm sure we all felt better about the South Carolina loss last year versus the Missouri loss. In one, we fought our butts off and had a chance at the end. The other, we literally should have forfeited the game and not even walked out there. I think we should all expect this team to show up and compete for a win.

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The thing I hate is that Will Muschamp has turned this program into us hoping for moral victories instead of victories. We are now Vandy, Tennessee, or any of the other doormats in the SEC.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm kinda in the same boat as NCO, DC and JB. I think we can compete with Bama; and if we can compete, all we need are a couple of breaks to go our way and we could take them, similar to what The Barn did to them last year. If we lose, we lose, I don't care how; I won't be happy afterward. No moral victories in my book.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87;n52938 said:
The thing I hate is that Will Muschamp has turned this program into us hoping for moral victories instead of victories. We are now Vandy, Tennessee, or any of the other doormats in the SEC.
Is this now us? (NWS language)

[video=youtube;WDvLW0JifGs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDvLW0JifGs[/video]
At the end of the video, he says "There are no ****ing moral victories."

sonomagator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Gator87 said:
no we're not.Just some of our fans act like it.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Unfortunately, yes. I'd be happy w/ a close game....

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous said:
Gator87;n52938 said:
Is this now us? (NWS language)

[video=youtube;WDvLW0JifGs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDvLW0JifGs[/video]
At the end of the video, he says "There are no ****ing moral victories."
Well, we don't have a kicking game, sooo.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Wow...in year four of Will Muschamp we should be BACK not hoping for moral victories and close losses. At what point are we supposed to expect to win instead of hope to win?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah a loss is a loss in some people's eyes but losses are different when we're good compared to where we've been recently. I never expected this game to be a win for UF i just want us to compete. I want UF back to being able to go into every game expecting to win even the tough games that you know you very well could lose. This game, LSU, Mizzou, uga, USCe, fsu will all go a long way to showing whether we are back to being able to compete with the top teams in the country. We don't know if we can yet. So yeah...i guess even in a loss i'll be happy to see that we were in the game the entire time if that is the case.

I would also say that it would have to also include some positive offensive play as well...if we can put up points and show that we could win the game with offense i'll feel much better about the direction of the program. I don't see this so much as calling it a "moral" victory because that's for teams that are just happy it's close regardless of how it plays out...we need it to be close because we were competitive in all phases of the game.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp said:
I'm not a moral victory type of person but I'm also realistic about how far down this team was and how far it probably still has left to climb. I would not ever be "happy" with a loss no matter the situation but I would be satisfied and even encouraged if we played a solid game and gave bama a run but came up short. If both teams play crappy or if we have a stellar outing on defense and ST but the offense stinks it up I would not be encouraged, even if it was close in the end. We need to have an all around good game and give ourselves a chance to win late for me to feel encouraged. Anything else and it's just going to look like more of the same.

And for the love of God can we please, just for once, clean up all the ridiculously stupid penalties! When we were dominant we could afford a few of those, we dont have that margin for error right now.
Why do we have so far to climb in year four? Aren't all those injured players back and healthy? The guy is what...4-11 vs ranked teams? That's not good enough. That's middle of SEC territory. Another 8-4 type season is exactly what he is...he had one fluke year and people want to act like that is the norm for him. He's just an average coach at best. The numbers tell the story.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A win would be amazing. A close loss would be great. A big loss would be somewhat expected based on previous years but it would suck.

Gatorwitt

Founding Member
Hugh Jassole
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We are winning this game. Bama is really good at every position...except quarterback. If we stop the run we win. Period.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Gatoravatara;n52937 said:
I really don't know. I guess if we make it respectable and exciting, I could put down my pitchfork for a week.

It will be much better than getting blown the F out! Looking lost and confused....(or like we have the last 3 years). Yes, I'll take a close one vs. Bama.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n52984 said:
It will be much better than getting blown the F out! Looking lost and confused....(or like we have the last 3 years). Yes, I'll take a close one vs. Bama.

I think this is the most positive you've been in all of your 49 posts lol.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
We're all used to losing by now.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp said:
I'm not a moral victory type of person but I'm also realistic about how far down this team was and how far it probably still has left to climb. I would not ever be "happy" with a loss no matter the situation but I would be satisfied and even encouraged if we played a solid game and gave bama a run but came up short. If both teams play crappy or if we have a stellar outing on defense and ST but the offense stinks it up I would not be encouraged, even if it was close in the end. We need to have an all around good game and give ourselves a chance to win late for me to feel encouraged. Anything else and it's just going to look like more of the same.

And for the love of God can we please, just for once, clean up all the ridiculously stupid penalties! When we were dominant we could afford a few of those, we dont have that margin for error right now.
With all due respect T REX, don't you have to actually allow the games to play themselves out before you make a determination of really how far we have to climb?
I don't know about you, but I'm going to let the players play the game(s) before I make a final decision.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator said:
A win would be amazing. A close loss would be great. A big loss would be somewhat expected based on previous years but it would suck.
A close loss would be great? That sums it up pretty well, doesn't it?

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator said:
I'm a realist and don't have unrealistic expectations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator