Will Driskel Stick Around For a Another Year?

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He has the extra year of eligibility but does he use it? Or, does he see the writing on the wall and realize that his career is over, and that while he may be a great practice player, he has lost all confidence in himself and will never be a "gamer"?

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
EDIT:
His only hope to ever step on the field again as a Gator is to switch positions. No Division 1 school will consider him quarterback material.
If he has legitimate baseball talent, than he should give that a try.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He's been here long enough that people should be able to spell his name right lol.

He should turn to pro baseball imo.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lost all credibility with the misspelling of his name.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe play one season of baseball here and then move on to 1A ball possibly. He may want to try that so he gets in the groove some before trying the minors. I doubt he would play football for another year here.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
If Driskel has an NFL goal, he should transfer to an FCS school and play right away next year. Many QB's have gone that route.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I'm sure we'll have a number of players that choose to leave. Always happens with a coaching change. Just wish this ordeal had been handled last year, but better late than never.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;107189 said:
If Driskel has an NFL goal, he should transfer to an FCS school and play right away next year. Many QB's have gone that route.
Not sure if serious.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Agree with Gator-Fever. Heck, to upgrade his MLB stock evaluation (signing bonus) he could start Gator baseball
right now and play a 2nd season next year. He's suppose to be a HR hitter and great-arm outfielder. It might sooth
his UF,college experienced to have fans cheering for him, teammates patting him on the back. ??

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
I don't think UF should renew his scholarship. He's already graduated so UF's fulfilled their obligation. Let him move on. Open up his scholarship.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n107189 said:

Since he already graduated, he could transfer and play immediately at another FBS school, kinda like Tyler Murphy did. Regardless of who the new coach is, I don't see Driskel sticking around next year. He'll either try his hand at baseball or be playing football elsewhere.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
All of the best to Jeff, he's Handled the situation with class and I wish him well with life. I'm confident he's done at the university of Florida playing football at least.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think it all depends on if he's finished porking that cheerleader.
jeff-driskel-girlfriend.jpg

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n107432 said:
I think it all depends on if he's finished porking that cheerleader.
jeff-driskel-girlfriend.jpg

It's more likely she's done with him now since he's no longer the starting QB at UF. Head Cheerleaders have a reputation to uphold, you know?

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n107787 said:
Bigger question is if Will Grier stays or not. JD is irrelevant.
This is the real question that should be asked. I think it will come down to who the new coach is and his staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.