Will Franks get PT on Saturday?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
“We need a spark,” Gators coach Jim McElwain said Wednesday, “and Feleipe could be that guy.”

Austin Appleby is starting Saturday against South Carolina, but the graduate transfer was inconsistent in his two games earlier this year. Franks will be the backup quarterback and could see the field Saturday, regardless of how Appleby does.

“I know this, we’re not afraid at any point of him playing,” McElwain said of Franks, who’s unlikely to redshirt now with Del Rio out.

The best bet, IMO, is that he comes in this game and takes the reins and we never look back.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...vell_AJC&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Best case scenario for sure

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I guess if Appleby isn't getting the job done. Otherwise, burning the redshirt would be short sighted and foolish.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Yes. I believe Franks will play. The question is, will he finish the game if it is in doubt late in the fourth.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Appleby will play as long as he's healthy.

And South Carolina isn't leading by 30.

God help us all if the latter happens.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see the freshman playing unless AA gets hurt. He's not getting put in even if we're up or down 50 points.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I guess if Appleby isn't getting the job done. Otherwise, burning the redshirt would be short sighted and foolish.

Better to get game reps now instead of first game vs Mich. We need to start looking towards the future, playing an average to below average SR transfer is pointless IMO

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will not see Franks unless it's clear Appleby isn't getting it done. That said, He has to be ready to go because there is no guarantee Appleby makes it the rest of the way either.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see the freshman playing unless AA gets hurt. He's not getting put in even if we're up or down 50 points.

To hell with Franks. I predict HASMAT intervention if we're down 50.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Well, in a week in which Donald Trump singlehandedly defeated the Republican and Democratic machine, the main stream media, and the Clinton crime family, never say never. But I think the chance Franks sees the field unless they cart Applebee out in an ambulance is zilch. Seeing is believing at this point.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
Well, in a week in which Donald Trump singlehandedly defeated the Republican and Democratic machine, the main stream media, and the Clinton crime family, never say never. But I think the chance Franks sees the field unless they cart Applebee out in an ambulance is zilch. Seeing is believing at this point.

Forgot to include the Bush(less) dynasty.

ergator920103

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Based on Mac's MO, no chance Franks gets into the game unless Appleby is hurt. He doesn't change QB's and his ass will be on fire if MooseDump comes into The Swamp and wins...

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
In our last home game of the year, and our easiest opponent left on the schedule, it only makes sense to start Franks and let him loose. Which is exactly why this staff isn't doing it. It would just make too much sense.

I expect an extremely frustrating game tomorrow.

2ndAmend

Oct 3, 2014
I don't see the frbeshman playing unless AA gets hurt. He's not getting put in even if we're up or down 50 points.

Down 50 = stadium empty of Gators by end of 3rd qrt... new ad sees this shocking scene then fires mac in the am.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Franks is a lead pipe cinch......if Appletitts breaks a leg or arm (compound fractures only).

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Otherwise, burning the redshirt would be short sighted and foolish.
Mac is running out of chances to keep his damn job. If he's really worried about a redshirt at this point he's an idiot. The chances of him being around for Franks' junior or senior year are extremely slim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    fishermb