Will Grier eligible for 2017 opener?

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
This is basically saying that he could be eligible to start for us this year.
Well, technically he could be starting for us this Fall, in the 7th game. My take is that the NCAA looked at the half year he already missed and the year he has to sit out as a transfer and thought that was enough. Is it right or fair? IDK, and I don't really care. He's gone.
StarTrekTheOriginalSeriesHesDeadJim.gif

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Really? I find that hard to believe. If so it's BS. And if it is true is it fair? Hell no, it's not fair. But given that he's been shown to be a prima donna, I'm not sure it really makes a difference to us.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Meh. Based on how things went down this past year,I don't think we wanted him in the locker room. But yeah, the ncaa is a giant pile.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Who cares. He and his daddy will have their panties in a wad within three games in with Dana Dorkerson up there, if he doesn't get canned after this year.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It's outrageous if it happens. I would hope that UF would demand a public explanation.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Road games at Oklahoma, TCU, and Baylor, and a neutral site game with VT. Have fun in the Armed Forces or Cactus Bowl drug boy.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's outrageous if it happens. I would hope that UF would demand a public explanation.
Rock the boat?

Remind me the last time the AD went to bat for us?

They fvkk with us constantly and he bucktooths and bears it.

Last edited:

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
This is BS WV and the NCAA can EAD. B===================D If I were Coach Mac and the rest of the Gator Football staff, I would be going public about this and calling for someone to be fired. This is basically saying that he could be eligible to start for us this year. I hope their damn dog dies! This is real BULL$#!T
Except if Coach Mac did that, there would be repercussions forever. It's all so political and corrupt now.

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
They'd give some BS like they reconsidered after X amount of the suspension was served and that it had nothing to do with whether or not he was at UF or elsewhere. And then what? Does UF call them out as liars? No, of coursed not. There would be repercussions. And it's all moot, because as Law has indicated so eloquently, it's not Foley's approach.

I think it is all money and politics with the NCAA, except for the inflated egos and infatuation with their own power.

Last edited:

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing AT ALL surprises me about that situation and the NCAA'a handling of it if it becomes reality. For some reason they have it out for UF and if he surely stayed there would have been no reduction of the suspension. But the question remains if Grier can keep himself out of hot water until then. With that drama ridden family I'm sure there will be some things that happen. I really think we're better off in the long run.

Maxxodd

Chill Winston
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2015
WTF? The NCAA rewarded him for being told to leave UF..... FIFY......
Looks like I wasn't so crazy for wanting to keep him here on a leash.....Just in case.

Please, Grier left after he and his dad threw a hissy because Mac wouldn't kowtow to their demands that he be guaranteed the starting job when his suspension was over.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing I can think of is that they are accepting the year of sitting out as part of the suspension. I've heard people on here get pissed about a transfer even having to sit out the year. Is it crazy to think that the NCAA might think the year of sitting out may be excessive? Especially when we claim that the coaches leave all the time? I hate Grier but having the suspension serve concurrently with the transfer rule sit out a year is not completely far fetched. We hate him. But I get it unfortunately. It's not a Gator thing. It's a give a kid a second chance. Ugh

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a second source for this, or an actual NCAA statement of this?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think Will mentioned it in his tweet to Kim Kardashian.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The only thing I can think of is that they are accepting the year of sitting out as part of the suspension. I've heard people on here get pissed about a transfer even having to sit out the year. Is it crazy to think that the NCAA might think the year of sitting out may be excessive? Especially when we claim that the coaches leave all the time? I hate Grier but having the suspension serve concurrently with the transfer rule sit out a year is not completely far fetched. We hate him. But I get it unfortunately. It's not a Gator thing. It's a give a kid a second chance. Ugh

No hate from my perspective. Think the kid is bit of a douche, but that obviously seems to be a learned trait from his dad. Just seems odd that the NCAA would allow this when they have been so hard when it comes to the issues before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator