Will Grier - is he even close to ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Muschamp better dig up Johnny Cochran because without Treon, he's toast.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Here's the thing... I believe it was Driskel's girlfriend that called in the complaint. I also believe Muschamp now realizes that his job relies on not having Driskel at QB. If Treon isn't cleared quickly, Grier will have the opportunity to play. If Treon is not cleared, and Grier doesn't play, you will know Muschamp has given up on the season and his job, unless by some miracle, Driskel makes something happen...

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
WillGetIn;n70946 said:
Here's the thing... I believe it was Driskel's girlfriend that called in the complaint. I also believe Muschamp now realizes that his job relies on not having Driskel at QB. If Treon isn't cleared quickly, Grier will have the opportunity to play. If Treon is not cleared, and Grier doesn't play, you will know Muschamp has given up on the season and his job, unless by some miracle, Driskel makes something happen...

There's no way this is a serious post.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n70892 said:
He tweeted last week before the UT game that UF medical staff had cleared him for all activities. However, I don't think he made the trip to KNX. This is where loss of Idaho game really hurts us. IF we had played that game, he certainly would have gotten some game reps in that game or EMU. Without any game reps whatsoever, unless, G-d forbid Driskel gets hurt, earliest I can see Grier taking over for him would be Mizzou, but, of course, I could be wrong.

He was there in Knoxville. After Hardin's FG, you can see him waiting to greet Hardin, gray Gator jumpsuit, headsets on. I know it doesn't feel like it, but we are in excellent shape in the SECe at this point, and amazingly, we remain in serious contention even with a loss against LSU. Point is, there is too much on the line to wing it with Driskel and hope he gets better. If Grier isn't ready now, he better get ready quickly!

Gator87

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Homer J;n70943 said:
Muschamp better dig up Johnny Cochran because without Treon, he's toast.

This will be his excuse for this season's disaster. Last year it was the injuries.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Someone has to be the backup. JD gets hurt a lot. Who is 4th string?

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At this point, Morningwood may be a better choice than Driskel. By the time Woody got in last year, our o-line was made up of a bunch of Wendy's cooks and he had no chance. Now that our o-line is actually a strength of the team, maybe Woody should get a look. I am fully aware that he is somewhat talent deficient, but I've never detected panic, ignorance or timidity from Morningwood, like we have repeatedly with Driskel.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
No way in hell Grier sees the field this Saturday. Driskel will get every rep in practice and every snap in the game. Only way we would see anyone else is if Driskel gets injured and then it's...Morningwood.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n70977 said:
At this point, Morningwood may be a better choice than Driskel. By the time Woody got in last year, our o-line was made up of a bunch of Wendy's cooks and he had no chance. Now that our o-line is actually a strength of the team, maybe Woody should get a look. I am fully aware that he is somewhat talent deficient, but I've never detected panic, ignorance or timidity from Morningwood, like we have repeatedly with Driskel.

+1

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Does anyone know why Harris had vaulted ahead of Grier in the first place? Just simply better? Smarter? More prepared?

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Skyler Morningwood's stats from last year:

USC - 10/13 107yds 0 TD 1 INT
GSU - 14/25 122yds 2 TD 0 INT
FSU - 20/25 115yds 1TD 0 INT

Not even close to great numbers, but not totally horrific. The biggest issue with him is that he doesn't run, so the play-calling would need to be totally revamped.

BTW I never thought in a million years that I'd be analyzing Skyler's QB performance this season :(

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n70990 said:
Does anyone know why Harris had vaulted ahead of Grier in the first place? Just simply better? Smarter? More prepared?

Betterer.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n70990 said:

Better dual threat.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The crowd is going to2 boo driskels ass off the field Saturday night. Seriously we'd be better off with morningwig and just limit what we let him do.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;70996 said:
The crowd is going to2 boo driskels ass off the field Saturday night. Seriously we'd be better off with morningwig and just limit what we let him do.
I'm a bona fide, straight-up A-hole sometimes, but I wouldn't boo a college kid.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Just talking about this with friends...I mean this is one of the worst things that could have happened. Harris provided a great spark and looked like a gamer. I know what we have in JD and Skyler. We may NEED Grier.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n70990 said:

Good question. In the few practices I witnessed, Greir was clearly ahead of Treon as a passer, and don't take my word for it, Godlkamp and other reporters were seeing/reporting the same thing. In fairness, Grier had been through a spring and these were some of the very first college practices ever for Harris. I chalked it up to Harris just gradually improving in the later practices, and maybe Grier hitting a wall. I also recall that the competition between Grier and Harris was extremely close and basically they were even. Considering that, it maybe made more sense to redshirt Grier as he's the one who was thought to need to add some strength and weight to his frame. Whatever the case may be, all that goes out the door if Harris is out for any length of time.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n71004 said:
I'm a bona fide, straight-up A-hole sometimes, but I wouldn't boo a college kid.
I wouldn't either. That's just what a few guys were saying on the radio this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.