Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
QueenCityGator;n70993 said:
Skyler Morningwood's stats from last year:

USC - 10/13 107yds 0 TD 1 INT
GSU - 14/25 122yds 2 TD 0 INT
FSU - 20/25 115yds 1TD 0 INT

Not even close to great numbers, but not totally horrific. The biggest issue with him is that he doesn't run, so the play-calling would need to be totally revamped.

BTW I never thought in a million years that I'd be analyzing Skyler's QB performance this season :(

We have a better running game to compliment him, if needed. But he has a noodle arm, anyone remember his orange/blue numbers?

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n70990 said:
Does anyone know why Harris had vaulted ahead of Grier in the first place? Just simply better? Smarter? More prepared?

Better fit for the system to back up a dual threat quarterback.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n70990 said:
Does anyone know why Harris had vaulted ahead of Grier in the first place? Just simply better? Smarter? More prepared?

The way I heard it:

Will Grier's dad really pressed hard for him to redshirt. Grier and Harris were very close in fall, with Grier being the better passer and Harris being the better runner. Since Harris ran a similar system to Roper's in high school and with Grier's dad wanting a RS for his son, it just worked out for everyone involved.

Grier was cleared to play last week by the medical staff and most likely will take a lot of snaps in practice this week in a backup role. The LSU game will belong to Driskel.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
TheDouglas78;n71030 said:
We have a better running game to compliment him, if needed. But he has a noodle arm, anyone remember his orange/blue numbers?
We've still never seen driskel complete a bomb like morningwig did in the Georgia southern game. We don't need someone with an nfl arm. We just need some to manage the game complete a pass here and there. We could get by throwing the ball 15-20 times a game if our defense, o line and running backs play like they did Saturday.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Grier was just cleared to play the other day. He hasn't been getting reps so Skyler would probably be the emergency QB and he is almost as bad as Driskel.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n71074 said:
We've still never seen driskel complete a bomb like morningwig did in the Georgia southern game. We don't need someone with an nfl arm. We just need some to manage the game complete a pass here and there. We could get by throwing the ball 15-20 times a game if our defense, o line and running backs play like they did Saturday.

no argument at all with that... I thought Driskel hit some deep stuff in 2012 against Tennesse, but I could be wrong. A noodle arm worked for Brindise (spelling), if a kid is smart and can get teh ball out quickly it could make up for not having the strongest arm.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel hit a great pass (his best ever) to Reed against UT in 2012. He also hit a great pass to Hines in the A&M game. There was another great TD pass to Hines (I think) in the USCe game that was negated because of a penalty.

He also hit 1 deep ball to Solomon Patton in the UM game, but in general he is not good throwing deep.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
We was in the redzone when he hit reed on that pass. And the pass to Hines was also good but not a bomb. And the Miami game I don't remember him hitting anything to far down field but I was pretty drunk that day.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If you go watch all the offensive plays on that Georgia Southern game Skyler is pushing Driskel for futility.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord, season over.

More Driskelin' for 50 yards and 3 ints.

All Dawgs start packing.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Gator Fever;n71188 said:
If you go watch all the offensive plays on that Georgia Southern game Skyler is pushing Driskel for futility.

You can't possibly watch Florida football, and if you do, you must be so stoned you forget all the particulars. Morningwood was the least of our problems against Ga Southern, and actually did way better than expected considering we were in full-throws of incompetence and 4th string players at all positions at that point.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Driskel is just snake bit right now. He doesn't have anything going his way right now. I think he was actually relieved when he was pulled. I think he's a good dude but he didn't even seem upset when they lost the bama game. I just don't know that he's very competitive. I think we're better off with morningwig or grier or even one of those walk ons. We could barely cross the 50 with him under center last week

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Law98gator;n71230 said:
Good Lord, season over.

More Driskelin' for 50 yards and 3 ints.

All Dawgs start packing.

To be fair, without the drops, he was headed for 70.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I can't wait to see the excuses now.

2013-- Muschamp learned "Don't lose your starting QB."

2014- "Don't keep playing your starting QB."

Is it too early to get hammered?

See you guys after the coaching search starts.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
t-gator;n71243 said:
Driskel is just snake bit right now. He doesn't have anything going his way right now. I think he was actually relieved when he was pulled. I think he's a good dude but he didn't even seem upset when they lost the bama game. I just don't know that he's very competitive. I think we're better off with morningwig or grier or even one of those walk ons. We could barely cross the 50 with him under center last week

He said the Bama game was there for the taking - they just didn't execute good enough and needed to correct that.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
SavannahGator;n70892 said:
. This is where loss of Idaho game really hurts us. IF we had played that game, he certainly would have gotten some game reps in that game or EMU.

Not if the original plan was to redshirt one of the two freshman, which would have been the prudent thing to do.

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
He hasnt taken a meaningful rep since camp. Driskel and Harris took the snaps with the 1's and 2's. Add in that he has been fighting back spasms and just got cleared to return to practice on sunday and it doesnt look good. What we should do is start Driskel and go with the 2012 heavy set until Grier can go. As much as I dont want to go back to that style it was effective and it is how we can win games with Driskel under center. Although it will require Driskel to stop tiptoeing around in the run game and stick his neck out a little bit, which he seems tentative to do.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Who ever thought Mizzou would be in Atlanta in both of their first two years in SEC play?

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n71247 said:
I can't wait to see the excuses now.

2013-- Muschamp learned "Don't lose your starting QB."

2014- "Don't keep playing your starting QB."

Is it too early to get hammered?

See you guys after the coaching search starts.
:bye:

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
gardnerwebbalumnigator;n71253 said:
Who ever thought Mizzou would be in Atlanta in both of their first two years in SEC play?

They have 3 years under their belt now. But point taken. Certainly not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator