Not open for further replies.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n72113 said:
My point is that WHY would anyone not take a medical if it could help them get a hardship later on.....We've got JD for another year, we might or might not have TH for 4 years... The back spasms could linger on and off for a few years if you get my drift......

Because it doesn't matter. You can get a medical redshirt even if you had a regular redshirt.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n72103 said:
You've obliviously gone there yourself by arguing a point that you're not grasping......

says the man who obviously not getting this super simple concept.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n72113 said:
My point is that WHY would anyone not take a medical if it could help them get a hardship later on.....We've got JD for another year, we might or might not have TH for 4 years... The back spasms could linger on and off for a few years if you get my drift......

Because the medical hardship has no real barring on future Redshirts. A regular redshirt Freshmen all they have to do is not play in a single play. A medical redshirt you the player has the burden of proof to proof the injury was debilitating.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lord!

:angry:

8802Gator

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Well... I guess concrete helmet is... hard headed.

fetch

Attachments

• conv_1007.jpeg
    conv_1007.jpeg
    19 KB · Views: 75

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n72095 said:
No actually I am in a practical sense right.....Let the retard ask all of you experts if Jeremy Brown and Andre Debose would have EVER got a hardship for an extra years eligibility if they hadn't gotten "medical redshirts" early in their career ????? ANWSER IS NO WAY....Most coaches are smart enough to do it when players are freshmen................HOW HARD IT THAT TO UNDERSTAND........JESUS CHRIST EVERY COACH AT EVERY SCHOOL DOES IT.......It is done to increase the likelihood of a player qualifying for a hardship......Hardship is not guaranteed........The more "injury history a player has the MORE LIKELY HE IS TO QUALIFY........Again how hard is it for you all to understand.......

That is the definition of talking out of your azz. Why even bother trying to convince you that freshman receive redshirts every year and it has nothing to do with a medical? There are two different type of redshirts available. The first and most common one.......doooopp! There I go again trying to reason with someone who stubbornly refuses to admit when he's wrong despite obvious evidence to the contrary.

Wait a minute...Are you related to Will Muschamp?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Let the redshirt argument die.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
8802Gator;n72202 said:
Well... I guess concrete helmet is... hard headed.

fetch

Concrete helmet = Blockhead.

This all started because he wanted to imply that the back spasms thing was some kind of "conspiracy" (while ignoring the other freshman in this class and every class prior has had multiple freshman take a redshirt year with no medical documentation or reason).

He on the other hand suggests that it's standard operating procedures to fake an injury so that this fake injury may somehow make it easier to procure a "real" medical redshirt in the future "if" one actually became necessary. He seems to suggest that we and every team "should" be practicing this unethical and deceitful practice as standard procedure.

Ray Finkle

Fallen Mod
Lifetime Member
Jul 28, 2014
I'm sure with the Treon case going on WM has talked to both Grier and his father. They have to see the opportunity that has presented itself. If this issue had not come up, Grier could easily have been lost in the shuffle. Now, it looks as though JD will not be the starter next year and Treon may be out the door. If I'm Grier, I say screw the reshirt.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alagator;n72257 said:
Concrete helmet = Blockhead.

This all started because he wanted to imply that the back spasms thing was some kind of "conspiracy" (while ignoring the other freshman in this class and every class prior has had multiple freshman take a redshirt year with no medical documentation or reason).

He on the other hand suggests that it's standard operating procedures to fake an injury so that this fake injury may somehow make it easier to procure a "real" medical redshirt in the future "if" one actually became necessary. He seems to suggest that we and every team "should" be practicing this unethical and deceitful practice as standard procedure.

ALAGATOR= Dingleberry...
Go back and read from the beginning.....it's not a conspiracy it's a common practice used by every D1 CFB team.
As far as being unethical.....you are kidding, right ??? This is CFB.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Okay, last warning. Any more bickering about the rules of redshirting in this thread may result in vacations. If you want to start a separate thread and argue about them in there, go for it. That way the rest of us can avoid it.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Remember when a redshirt year was inevitable for almost every college football player? When it was the exception and NOT the norm for freshman to play? No mystery, no conspiracy, it was just his freshman year so he was expected to hit the weight room and bulk up so he could play big boy ball.

Now it's more common than ever for freshman to see the field. Especially in skill positions. They're doing a lot better job of training in the high schools than they used to.

I also remember Urban Meyer one time saying, in this day in age, if they can play you might as well play them because if they're good enough, they are most likely not going to be there for 5 years. I also seem to remember Will Muschamp talking in a presser not too long ago about how it's ideal for offensive linemen to get a redshirt year because even though they may be big, they're usually not strong enough to take on SEC defensive linemen unless they had really, really good technique.

Remember when Will Grier and his father publicly stated during his senior year of HS that he expected Grier to redshirt so he would have a chance to bulk up, study the game and otherwise be physically and mentally prepared for SEC football? No mention of faking an injury. And why was that? :scratchchin: Oh yeah, because it's standard operating procedures for all freshman to get a redshirt if the team doesn't "need" them to AND they're not ready to play.

What is not standard operation procedures you ask? Good, I'm glad you asked.

This: :exactly:

JESUS CHRIST EVERY COACH AT EVERY SCHOOL DOES IT.......It is done to increase the likelihood of a player qualifying for a hardship......Hardship is not guaranteed........The more "injury history a player has the MORE LIKELY HE IS TO QUALIFY........

It was always the preferred plan to redshirt either Grier or Harris to create a year of separation and they didn't need to create some conspiracy to do it. If a kid needs a medical redshirt later, he'll get it. As long as it's within the parameters of what was listed multiple times above. JD got his for breaking a leg in the first 3 games of the season. He didn't have to have medical documentation of "broken leg symptoms" from years prior...just in the event that he might one day in fact, break his leg.

Coach9

Sunshine Spreader
Sep 5, 2014
Ray Finkle;n72260 said:
I'm sure with the Treon case going on WM has talked to both Grier and his father. They have to see the opportunity that has presented itself. If this issue had not come up, Grier could easily have been lost in the shuffle. Now, it looks as though JD will not be the starter next year and Treon may be out the door. If I'm Grier, I say screw the reshirt.

The Grier redshirt is definitely being revisited following the recent developments.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I Have No Friends :(;n72282 said:

My bad. I was already in the middle of typing that masterpiece when Ox made the ultimatum. Didn't see it until now. :whistle:

Ox = :bob:

I kid! I kid! Ox is the man.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alagator;n72300 said:
My bad. I was already in the middle of LAYING that CRAYON TIPPER when Ox made the ultimatum. Didn't see it until now. :whistle:

Ox = :bob:

I kid! I kid! Ox is the man.

FIFY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.