Will Grier loses appeal

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I hope he tries to redeem himself by obsessing to become the best player possible, physically and mentally, with the added time at his disposal. He's got a chance to turn this mistake into something positive.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
The Grier chapter is pretty much closed. He's not starting game 7 next year. I think his career is over. He screwed us for two seasons. Time to move on.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
He won't play any games next year unless the starter gets injured. Mac isn't going to yank a starter who's been bleeding orange and blue (if he's winning) for somebody who made a horrible decision (as the team leader) that affected his team for the better part of 2 seasons.
He will if that starter sucks. Why wouldn't he?

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Grier has real talent, that trumps everything else except stupid NCAA rules.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There are rules and the kid broke the rules. The perceived "validity" of those rules is irrelevant.

That said, my issue never was with punishment - he broke the rules and deserved to be punished. My issue is with the severity of the punishment. Given how schools, conferences and the NCAA hand out discipline in a variety of areas, and looking at the NFL's policy for first timers for PEDs, a full calendar year seems not only excessive for what he reportedly did, but incredibly excessive. Illogically so. It makes me wonder if there's not more to the story - or if there might not be a lawsuit here somewhere. Granted, in the unlikely event there is a lawsuit here, it likely would not be adjudicated in time to changes things for Grier, but maybe it could change NCAA policy so other kids don't suffer this fate.

As far as our QB situation going forward, presumably Treon will continue to improve and give us ever increasing chances to win each time out, especially with this talented coaching staff and a presumably improving OL (and running game). But count me among those who is disappointed that we may not get to see a special Gator QB in Grier. I really thought this kid had the potential to win some personal trophies while rewriting some Gator passing records along the way. Sad.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I don't think anybody will absolutely suck underneath Mac. I think he could have this team with only one or two losses with Driskel at the helm. Mac is huge with accountability. And as long as the starter doesn't become a turnover machine and we win games, I just don't see the starter being yanked in the middle of the year. Maybe he will win it in the spring competition of 2018 or if the starter becomes injured.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think anybody will absolutely suck underneath Mac. I think he could have this team with only one or two losses with Driskel at the helm. Mac is huge with accountability. And as long as the starter doesn't become a turnover machine and we win games, I just don't see the starter being yanked in the middle of the year. Maybe he will win it in the spring competition of 2018 or if the starter becomes injured.

I think it's way to early to say Mac is a Football God.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Well that's just great news. Not surprising, but disappointing. Does this mean Treon for Heisman campaign will happen next year?

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

Grier has played five whole meaningful games in 2.5 by next year. Harris will probably have 2.5 years worth of games under his belt.

Grier screwed us and himself. Pull the scholie and move on.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I think it's way to early to say Mac is a Football God.
Strange that you loved gargling dog balls but you are so negative about the guy who cleaned up the dog shiiit in a rapid manner.

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know how anybody had any expectations one way or the other when we don't even know what the hell it is that Grier tested positive for.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Just curious who turned Grier in to the NCAA because they hardly ever test for performance enhancers like the NFL etc. does. That person posting on 24/7 looked suspicious as hell whoever it was. Was on there a few times laughing about are players being suspended for drugs (including the Grier suspension) before the media or coach even discussed the issue. He definitely was getting info from some inside source and then you had the female that worked for that website I think it was saying the store people said Grier had purchased that stuff. Definitely sounds like he was set up by somebody.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Well, you see, the board has declared that it was just some cold formula and they've been correct about everything else.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Just curious who turned Grier in to the NCAA because they hardly ever test for performance enhancers like the NFL etc. does. That person posting on 24/7 looked suspicious as hell whoever it was. Was on there a few times laughing about are players being suspended for drugs (including the Grier suspension) before the media or coach even discussed the issue. He definitely was getting info from some inside source and then you had the female that worked for that website I think it was saying the store people said Grier had purchased that stuff. Definitely sounds like he was set up by somebody.
Spouting off about stuff you know nothing about once again, I see.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Spouting off about stuff you know nothing about once again, I see.

lol - people speculate on message boards and what I posted there happened with the posts on 24/7 etc prior to it being reported. Are you claiming it didnt happen or just that they just happened to test him randomly you think?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
lol - people speculate on message boards and what I posted there happened with the posts on 24/7 etc prior to it being reported. Are you claiming it didnt happen or just that they just happened to test him randomly you think?
I've only said this about 1,000 times, but yes, the NCAA picks a random group of players a couple times a year to drug test. Whoever the mysterious person was posting on whatever mysterious message board probably knows someone on the team who found out about the positive test.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I've only said this about 1,000 times, but yes, the NCAA picks a random group of players a couple times a year to drug test. Whoever the mysterious person was posting on whatever mysterious message board probably knows someone on the team who found out about the positive test.

Well he posted it before Mac claims he was made aware of the suspension so I would assume he knows some office people or something like that and that was crazy (and stupid) that low level sports lady saying on Twitter right after the suspension was announced that she knew Grier bought the stuff at the health food store. That leads me to think someone might have turned him in with most players not getting tested during a football season for that stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator