Will Grier loses appeal

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Grier has played five whole meaningful games in 2.5 by next year. Harris will probably have 2.5 years worth of games under his belt.
And he'll still be terrible. What's your point?

Treon gets worse the longer he plays, not better.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
And he'll still be terrible. What's your point?

Treon gets worse the longer he plays, not better.
He's playing poorly, but it's our OL that has really regressed. We can't even open a hole or pass protect against a 2-8 FAU team. Sad, sad, sad state of affairs.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's playing poorly, but it's our OL that has really regressed. We can't even open a hole or pass protect against a 2-8 FAU team. Sad, sad, sad state of affairs.

Crazy how bad they have been lately especially in the run game.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We have eyeballs. We know when Treon has no time to do anything and we can also see plain as day when he simply sucks.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
We have eyeballs. We know when Treon has no time to do anything and we can also see plain as day when he simply sucks.
No doubt there was plenty of both today. Don't really know how we managed to get a win...certainly didn't deserve it.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
There's still bad decisions being made behind the windmills and pillsbury doughboys...

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think anybody will absolutely suck underneath Mac.And as long as the starter doesn't become a turnover machine and we win games, I just don't see the starter being yanked in the middle of the year.
I read this, then realized it was posted before FAU. Harris absolutely sucks under mac, and is as big a TO machine as anyone ive ever seen. Not even a qb whisperer could help this kid. Gonna be a long 9 more games, thats for sure.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I read this, then realized it was posted before FAU. Harris absolutely sucks under mac, and is as big a TO machine as anyone ive ever seen. Not even a qb whisperer could help this kid. Gonna be a long 9 more games, thats for sure.

Hope Del Rio is legit. Treon is our version of Jacory Harris. Players love him, but he sucks. I root for him and root for him, but he's just not that good at this level. We will be lucky to beat FSU, unless Mac can pull off a miracle. Thank God our defense forced a fumble and set us up on the endzone's doorstep.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I've only said this about 1,000 times, but yes, the NCAA picks a random group of players a couple times a year to drug test.

Yep. My sister ran track at a D1 school. In her 4 years she was selected twice at random for testing.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I don't think anybody will absolutely suck underneath Mac. I think he could have this team with only one or two losses with Driskel at the helm. Mac is huge with accountability. And as long as the starter doesn't become a turnover machine and we win games, I just don't see the starter being yanked in the middle of the year. Maybe he will win it in the spring competition of 2018 or if the starter becomes injured.

Isn't this the truth. Absolutely sucks. Again, the line sucks but he can't stop turning the ball over and he can't see any open receivers. Oh, and when he sees them, the ball floats and is off target. Awful.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It's more than the inadequate offensive line that plagues Harris. He's indecisive and late with his throws even when he has time. There are going to be times behind a good-to-great offensive line where you have to make decisions quicker than normal. This is not the guy I want making them.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I see a totally new QB emerging somewhere in our future, Grier out essentially 2 years, MAC probably isn't waiting to groom/find his key to his offense, it's been a rough transition from the Leak/Tebow years to the next guy with the IT.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Hope Del Rio is legit. Treon is our version of Jacory Harris. Players love him, but he sucks. I root for him and root for him, but he's just not that good at this level. We will be lucky to beat FSU, unless Mac can pull off a miracle. Thank God our defense forced a fumble and set us up on the endzone's doorstep.
Del rio was recruited by mac when he was at Colorado state. He had offers from Oklahoma state and Oregon state but chose to go to Alabama with nussmeier. He transferred to Oregon state then here. His offensive coordinator at Oregon state is on our support staff. So there's alot of familiarity with him and mac and nuss obviously like the kid.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Jacory was great because he didn't tie his shoelaces.

G8RATL

Master of My Domain
Aug 14, 2015
We all know our O line is weak. Grier was able to manage the O line ineffective play with quick releases and throwing to where a receiver was supposed to go in his route. Treon has not timing in his game. He keys in on one guy and waits until the receiver gets to that spot before throwing and he throws with no zip. He floats balls in the receiver's general area and hopes his WR and not the D comes down with the ball. That floater INT in the end zone was just pure stupidity. It was like a hail mary throw with one receiver in the route. The kids just does not think quick. We are winning despite him. Against better talent aka FSU and Alabama, we won't get the lucky pass that our guy snatches away from the D.

Nobody thought we would be where we are right now and I'm happy as hell about it but this is starting to feel like the smoke and mirrors Muschimp year of 12-1.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So has Grier won the appeal of the appeal yet?

S

Swamp Life

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the NCAA we were talking about. There was never a real chance of them relenting on this.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
This is the NCAA we were talking about. There was never a real chance of them relenting on this.
Idk about that. They reduced penn state's penalty. Guess child rape is forgivable but over the counter supplements totally cross the line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator