Will Grier Speculation Thread

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
It occurred to me that many QBs look good for a game or two. Even Treon did. But after that, teams know what the kid can and cannot do. Obviously, with Greer, he could not avoid sniffing coke off a stripper's belly, which kept him off the field, but even if he had managed not to be the only person in NCAA to get himself banned, defenses would have adapted.

Would Grier have adapted to them? Still to be seen. I suspect he will but you never know.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Where's the link about him winning the starting QB job next year?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Joe Mixon can break a woman's jaw and stay on the team and Mac ran Grier for PEDs or Percs? Dude could have played the last few games this year had he stayed. Oh what could have been...

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Lets say that Mac allowed a kids parent to dictate how he runs his program and Grier comes back half way thru the season and gets busted again or something happens where he doesnt work out. This board would go ape **** crazy on Mac for being so weak he let a parent dictate his program. Hilarious. The kid did this to himself and hes gone long gone and who gives a fling flip. He had the starting job and he and only he blew it.

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
Lets say that Mac allowed a kids parent to dictate how he runs his program and Grier comes back half way thru the season and gets busted again or something happens where he doesnt work out. This board would go ape **** crazy on Mac for being so weak he let a parent dictate his program. Hilarious. The kid did this to himself and hes gone long gone and who gives a fling flip. He had the starting job and he and only he blew it.
He was never Macs guy

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Did it occur to an of you "4 quarters" guys that he played behind THE WORST OFFENSIVE LINE IN THE HISTORY OF CFB.......WITH NO TALENT AROUND HIM........What you brain surgeons are fail ing to realize is he made everyone around him look better than they really were........Now give him this years offensive line with Cleveland and 3 decent RB's.....we easily win 11-12 games this year....easily.

If you believe all that the Big 12 should be no problem for him to win next season then. Heck they only came up a game short this season with another QB.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
He was never Macs guy

So you're saying that Mac chased off a talented QB simply because he wasn't "his guy?" He'd have to go full muschamp to make that type of decision. By that logic, he would've forced Bullard to go pro early.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
For the theater arts and lake wauberg sailing majors... the 3-4 descent qtrs, so why all the unearned hype crowd... I'm perplexed how a new starter QB can be said to face ever increasing failure as defenses figure out our plays, but a consensus talented QB won't figure out defenses and elevate the level of his game with experience. I'm not pretending to foresee the kids future if he stayed here, but to give credit to that which negates his success without due credit he may develop a deeper, more cerebral game of his own is disingenuous at best. I know one thing. That kid (agreed initial headcase) had something, that since, is "again" absent from our game... gutsy, trigger puller, moxie, seemed to raise the game of those getting their number called in the huddle, relatively cool in the pocket and when on, hit targets out of breaks. That ain't bad for a new starter with some half dozen games under his belt and learning at real speed. Sure, he's gone, so be it with his unacceptable behavior. We're just pontificating here and dreaming because all we apparently have is a crap pile holding clip boards, instead of showing signs of future Gator lore... the Grier kid within a few starts already wrote himself a page of lore in that TN game... not too shabby for a fledgling just starting his P5 career... IMO.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
I speculate he'll walk out of an Abercrombie and Fitch with a tester bottle of cologne and tell the mall cops "I dind't realize this was stealing."

Last edited:

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
So you're saying that Mac chased off a talented QB simply because he wasn't "his guy?" He'd have to go full muschamp to make that type of decision. By that logic, he would've forced Bullard to go pro early.
Where did I say that?

GMDGator

Founding Member
Slick Willie - RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
If Grier was ever Macs guy, after the test, everything would have been hushed up and he would have quietly kept him on the team working out with the team. Instead we got different stories coming out about all kinds of speculation and no one really knows who to believe. Last I read Florida was Grier's dream school so imho, they would have figured out how to make this work had a Mac found him critical to the program.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Ya, remember that Missouri game when tore them up?..... This is along on the themes of the negators multiple posts around here. "Lets talk about something that has little if anything to do with the program, but it makes for a nice re-affirming narrative about our negative position around the staff and program...." Grier had about 4 good quarters in the time that he played. The jury was and still is plenty out on him. Yet people on this board lament as if he was a slam dunk to kill it this year if he stayed on the team. But, Carry on.

Grier was a hair under 66% completion, had 10 Td passes 3 int, had another 2 Td rushing thru 6 games, behind a horrible offensive line. Not to mention all the 4th downs we completed when he was in there , we were like 10 for 10 I think. So he was clutch, with a quick release , pretty mobile, tough, and very accurate. I'm in the camp that believes we lost a good if not great future QB and you and several others ( including Shane Mathews) are not. I guess the two crowds saw two totally different players. At this point it is like beating a dead horse, we can argue back and forth about it till we die, but we'll never know what the future was going to be with him here, only speculation. Time for everybody to move on, but I know we won't.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, once all the defenses figure out that he's a tall, decisive guy with good vision and speed and a strong accurate arm with a quick release they'll adapt and shut him down. Nobody falls for that old trick for long.

KronoGator

Aug 28, 2014
I get that it's fun and easy to blame Mac for everything but I don't buy it in this case, all we have and all we ever will have is Grier's side which of course reeks of CYA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.