Will Grier Speculation Thread

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, once all the defenses figure out that he's a tall, decisive guy with good vision and speed and a strong accurate arm with a quick release they'll adapt and shut him down. Nobody falls for that old trick for long.
:burn2:

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
He'll do fine. So will we once we get our feet back under us from having him pull the rug out from under us.
Where did this line of thought come from? He failed a drug test. Got suspended and transferred. If Mac wanted here, he would be here. Grier screwed the team by failing the test. Mac failed the fans by choosing LDR.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Lets say that Mac allowed a kids parent to dictate how he runs his program and Grier comes back half way thru the season and gets busted again or something happens where he doesnt work out. This board would go ape **** crazy on Mac for being so weak he let a parent dictate his program. Hilarious. The kid did this to himself and hes gone long gone and who gives a fling flip. He had the starting job and he and only he blew it.
Percy Harvin choked out Billy Gonzales and AHern and Nelson supposedly almost killed someone. That didn't stop Meyer from winning titles. Great coaches figure out how to keep great talent eligible, because there is only so many Percy Harvins, Will Griers, etc to go around.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what Chad Grier and Holgorson are so hopeful about. I can't imagine the NCAA letting his suspension run concurrent with his transfer sit out.

I bet the NCAA lets him play right away based on past decisions they have made on things.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Where did this line of thought come from? He failed a drug test. Got suspended and transferred. If Mac wanted here, he would be here. Grier screwed the team by failing the test. Mac failed the fans by choosing LDR.

I'm not positive, but I think we're both agreeing he screwed up, and screwed us over, at the same time...

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, once all the defenses figure out that he's a tall, decisive guy with good vision and speed and a strong accurate arm with a quick release they'll adapt and shut him down. Nobody falls for that old trick for long.

From the outset, one of the nation's top-ranked H.S. QBs wanted to be a Gator. His mistake should have been
a learning stumble. At least, have Grier there to force anybody (LDR) to outperform him in order to lead this
Gator team. It should be obvious that hulking bulked-up Grier would have taken over after 6 games. Can you
imagine the fire that would have put into our team's zenthusiasm? As a wise investment, Grier was certainly
not the "penny stocks" that Mac keeps turmoiling with.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
It's a shame that board members feel like they's get attacked for discussing things with reasonable ideas.

turrible.md.jpg

It is even worse when in some instances their expectations are met.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't know what Chad Grier and Holgorson are so hopeful about. I can't imagine the NCAA letting his suspension run concurrent with his transfer sit out.

Plus UF's and Grier's appeal for 6 months shortening was denied.....

Frozen Gator

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2016
Ya, remember that Missouri game when tore them up?..... This is along on the themes of the negators multiple posts around here. "Lets talk about something that has little if anything to do with the program, but it makes for a nice re-affirming narrative about our negative position around the staff and program...." Grier had about 4 good quarters in the time that he played. The jury was and still is plenty out on him. Yet people on this board lament as if he was a slam dunk to kill it this year if he stayed on the team. But, Carry on.
I don't remember the love fest for Grier on this board back then

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Grier is better than any QB we have on roster and better than any QB we had in a long while at UF. Plain and simple. Wish he didn't mess up.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Something obviously wasn't right between Mac and Grier or it wouldn't have taken two full games for Grier to be anointed the starter. Anyone with half a brain could see from the very outset that Grier was head and shoulders better than Harris.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Something obviously wasn't right between Mac and Grier or it wouldn't have taken two full games for Grier to be anointed the starter. Anyone with half a brain could see from the very outset that Grier was head and shoulders better than Harris.
+1000

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone with half a brain could see from the very outset that Grier was head and shoulders better than Harris.
Im not so sure about that. I think he might just be as stupid as he seems. Eventually, after you do enough very dumb things, youve earned the label, right?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Im not so sure about that. I think he might just be as stupid as he seems. Eventually, after you do enough very dumb things, youve earned the label, right?
Who was the 'smart' QB at Texas A&M?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.