Will Grier transferring, free to go to ANY school

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
High road, dumb road. "Here's our playbook kid. Take it wherever you want. We know you'll do the right thing because you've shown the ability to make the correct decisions in the past."
You really think anyone needs our playbook to stop our offense? :lol:

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Maybe we should have given it to him. It wouldn't have been binding anyway.
I don't get the sense that's the way Mac rolls.

Mac steers the ship, no doubt.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He'll probably end up somewhere close to home like UNC or ECU if I had to guess. He'd be pretty bad@$$ at UNC.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member

His transfer probably has more to do with Mac's rule that he can not participate in team activities while suspended. In addition to the 8 games he missed this season, he'd also miss spring football summer practice, and six games next year. That's a long time to be away from football and your teammates. It's a stupid rule and doesn't really serve any purpose other than to assure the kid will transfer.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Too many brain cells being burnt here. No hard feelings Will, but if you ain't a Gator, you're Gatorbait.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Incessantly talking about the dead is not going to make them alive. Live and die by your decisions... you make your bed, you have to lie in it... if the athletic shoes fit, where them... I see his raft floating into the sunset while the big ship keeps cruising toward it's planned destination. Hope the kid has enough food and water to make it somewhere.
:kick:

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
I heard that he was restricted from any SEC schools, F$U, and scum, and this dude has been pretty spot on as late.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
His transfer probably has more to do with Mac's rule that he can not participate in team activities while suspended. In addition to the 8 games he missed this season, he'd also miss spring football summer practice, and six games next year. That's a long time to be away from football and your teammates. It's a stupid rule and doesn't really serve any purpose other than to assure the kid will transfer.

I wasn't aware of this. It probably goes a long way toward explaining why he's gone. I sort of get it why Mac would apply it here -- you don't want to encourage anyone to break the rules -- and yet the suspension itself was more than enough discipline.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
This Thread Title

throne_of_lies_elf.gif

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
It hasn't been confirmed by any credible source that Grier is restricted. I doubt he is and expect him at South Carolina.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There seems to be a lot of confusion about whether or not he had restrictions placed on the transfer. I linked an article on page 7 but am linking it again here. This following quote makes it seem as if WG was not restricted from the entire SEC:

When asked about Grier having any transfer restrictions, McElwain said, “I’m not real fired up about seeing him in the SEC, but we signed (off on) a bunch … every school that he brought up. We’re here to support him.

On first reading I took it to mean he was free to sign anywhere. And while that may be true, it does not explicitly say so. However, at the very least it certainly suggests at least some (if not all) SEC schools are open to him.

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...about-qb-will-grier-transferring-from-florida

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It hasn't been confirmed by any credible source that Grier is restricted. I doubt he is and expect him at South Carolina.

My understanding is that restrictions don't matter anyway if he takes the JC route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.