Will Grier transferring, free to go to ANY school

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Why restrict him? If we do, he just goes JuCo then picks the school of his choice anyway, and plays halfway through the 2017 season. Same result basically.

Not restricting, thus letting him be at the school of choice sitting out 2016 only creates stress for the current staff.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
It hasn't been confirmed by any credible source that Grier is restricted. I doubt he is and expect him at South Carolina.

So he goes from taking illegal steps to enhance his performance, to now intentionally going somewhere that will destroy any chance he has of ever performing well?

Yep, drugs.

WillGetIn

Founding Member
Stalker
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think the unspoken words here are important. If Grier were told by someone affiliated with the program that there were schools he shouldn't request, Grier wouldn't ask to go to those schools. So, when the requests went to Mac to sign off on, he could sign every one... I think with Mac, there will be plenty of "unspoken" rules and things like this. As there should be. Parents know this. We expect our kids to abide by certain things without having to explicitly spell them out. It is common knowledge that you generally don't ask to go to rivals, etc, so if you want everything to go smoothly, you don't ask to go to a rival...

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
His transfer probably has more to do with Mac's rule that he can not participate in team activities while suspended. In addition to the 8 games he missed this season, he'd also miss spring football summer practice, and six games next year. That's a long time to be away from football and your teammates. It's a stupid rule and doesn't really serve any purpose other than to assure the kid will transfer.

He was never suspended by Mac or the University for an otc product. He was prohibited by the NCAA from being on the field or playing in games.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He was never suspended by Mac or the University for an otc product. He was prohibited by the NCAA from being on the field or playing in games.

Yes, and Mac edict is that rule breakers are barred from any team activities. That was true for all the suspensions this year. In Grier's case, that would mean no football practice or other activities for a full year. I don't blame him for transferring if that's the case. Even if he has to sit out at his next school, at least he'll be able to participate in spring football and practices.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Yes, and Mac edict is that rule breakers are barred from any team activities. That was true for all the suspensions this year. In Grier's case, that would mean no football practice or other activities for a full year. I don't blame him for transferring if that's the case. Even if he has to sit out at his next school, at least he'll be able to participate in spring football and practices.

Is that "Mac Edict" written about or discussed anywhere that is linkable and would it apply to a flu or cold medicine, for example?

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I for one am not in favor of restricting players further. The players are at a complete disadvantage in the process compared to the schools and coaches. Until they revamp the rules to make them more even, this will be my stance.

That being said, Grier is a moron who certainly didn't fall far from the tree.

On a side note, I believe the only way you can get a hardship release is if your school restricts you. That means could potentially play mid 2016 if he could prove hardship along with restricted release

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So he goes from taking illegal steps to enhance his performance, to now intentionally going somewhere that will destroy any chance he has of ever performing well?
On the surface it seems crazy, but dig a little deeper. First, he signed on with the chumpsterfire, not Mac, and this was after the entire country knew the offense under chump was garbage and wasn't going to change. There was more than enough of a sample size to prove that, yet he came anyway. I would imagine there were some guarantees about starting/playing time involved. Second, I would imagine the exact same scenario applies now and would also add that despite how bad the offense is under chump, daddy grier is cocky enough to believe his kid can change all that, and son may be just ignorant enough to allow daddy to convince him of the same.

Prediction - Grier and Musty together again. Just my 2 cents...

diehardg8r

Sep 14, 2014
I'm thinking UVA or UNC. UVA is in desperate need and UVa just hired the former ECU coach as an associate HC.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member

Yep, drugs.
It must be drugs. He's the guy that signed in with Muschamp in the first place.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014

"first-year coach Jim McElwain said Will Grier would return to team activities on January 5."

He was still suspended when Mac told the world he was returning to all team activities Jan 5th. How does this fit in with your theory?

Jenny On The Railroad

Founding Member
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Chad just wants to get his son away from Will's drug suppliers.
That brings up long ago memories. Had a friend who was a heavy marijuana user. Would become a catonic mumbling lump. Needless to say, school suffered a lot.

His parents, in an attempt to get him away from bad influences, sent him to a small private church related college. His best friend later told me it was the LSD capital of Florida. Frying pan to fire.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That brings up long ago memories. Had a friend who was a heavy marijuana user. Would become a catonic mumbling lump. Needless to say, school suffered a lot.

His parents, in an attempt to get him away from bad influences, sent him to a small private church related college. His best friend later told me it was the LSD capital of Florida. Frying pan to fire.
Well, if you're going to try to communicate with a higher being, LSD is where I would start. :bandit:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.