Will Grier transferring, free to go to ANY school

Blonde Gator

Founding Member
Cynic
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I am truly disappointed.

I had really hoped he'd take his punishment like a man, and show some loyalty to the team and the University. This decision seems to indict his meddling Dance-Mom father, too, as a galactically egocentric jerk. The easy way is usually never the right way, particularly after a totally stupid mistake.

Instead of being a me-first little b****, Grier should have stayed and worked his butt off to be the best QB on the team, and while he was on probation, dedicated himself to learning how to be a real leader. Shame on the Griers, all of them. Their decision is the coward's way out.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Hate to say it but I told y'all. Go back to last thread on this. Never doubt my sources.

Now that I've stopped patting myself on the back I'd like to say that this seriously this sucks. Let's go Franks!

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
2uqc5lu.jpg

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Not surprised but a little disappointed.

Alex.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Released to all but SEC and future opponents.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Assuming Del Rio is the starter next season and Franks needs the year to develop:

Del Rio is expendable as he would be playing his last year of eligibility (correct?).

Grier could have three weeks of practice (two with first team) prior to the UGA game. Unless Del Rio is miraculously better than Grier then I see no reason that Grier couldn't start at Georgia. He would be ready. So if he stays at UF he plays the second half of the season plus bowl game and is the starter in 2017.

Now he has to sit until mid 2017. He will not have played football for two seasons. He's not going to crack an FCS's squad mid season. He must be going someplace that he can start next year.

LagoonGator68

Founding Member
mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
BTW... Didn't Mac just announce this week the Grier would be in class in January? And now apparently this meeting was last week? Who's reporting wrong on what?

Mac's presser was Tuesday at noon.....Grier must have made his decision after that.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I am truly disappointed.

I had really hoped he'd take his punishment like a man, and show some loyalty to the team and the University. This decision seems to indict his meddling Dance-Mom father, too, as a galactically egocentric jerk. The easy way is usually never the right way, particularly after a totally stupid mistake.

Instead of being a me-first little b****, Grier should have stayed and worked his butt off to be the best QB on the team, and while he was on probation, dedicated himself to learning how to be a real leader. Shame on the Griers, all of them. Their decision is the coward's way out.

I tend to agree with this.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@AndrewSpiveyGC: Several #Gators commits are tweeting at Dwayne Haskins now. @dh_simba7 is very popular among his peers

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Assuming Del Rio is the starter next season and Franks needs the year to develop:

Del Rio is expendable as he would be playing his last year of eligibility (correct?).

Grier could have three weeks of practice (two with first team) prior to the UGA game. Unless Del Rio is miraculously better than Grier then I see no reason that Grier couldn't start at Georgia. He would be ready. So if he stays at UF he plays the second half of the season plus bowl game and is the starter in 2017.

Now he has to sit until mid 2017. He will not have played football for two seasons. He's not going to crack an FCS's squad mid season. He must be going someplace that he can start next year.

I think he has to go to Division II to be able to do that.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@NickdelaTorreGC: From what I've gathered, suspension waits for Grier. He cannot concurrently serve suspension while sitting out as a transfer.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Well this sucks. We are perpetually cursed. And Del Rio better be adequate.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
@NickdelaTorreGC: From what I've gathered, suspension waits for Grier. He cannot concurrently serve suspension while sitting out as a transfer.

Exactly. He won't be able to play until 2018.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
He's got to be eyeing a JC transfer so he can transfer back up in 2017 and play right away. No way he or his father are THAT dumb to go to another FBS school and sit till mid-2017.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Division II. AND Grier's dance-mom dad must also think that Will would not be good enough to start mid season. That says a lot about either his confidence in his son or the level of talent he's up against.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.