Will Grier transferring, free to go to ANY school

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
His suspension ends early October. He could easily start mid season for some JC program. He wouldn't have to sit a year if he transferred down a division. He'll basically take the Cam Newton route. Worst part is, while we can keep him from transferring to an SEC school right now, we can't stop him from doing it after he goes to JC.

Cam played an JC entire season and won a NC. Grier can't play but half of 2017 at a JC. I'm not sure how they calculate that.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Aloha cheater. Now the circus is gone and a true QB competition among 4 QB's not named Treon takes place in the spring. Excellent.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
So he'll have to sit out the first half of 2017 no matter what. What an idiot. :lol2:
Cam played an JC entire season and won a NC. Grier can't play but half of 2017 at a JC. I'm not sure how they calculate that.
From the article posted earlier, it sounds like if he goes JC he can play right away. He has to sit out six more D1 games at some point. So next year he could start game one for East Jesus Polytechnic Basketweaving College. Then when he transfers to the fighting Chimps of lesser Carolina, he has to sit out those six games.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Aloha cheater. Now the circus is gone and a true QB competition among 4 QB's not named Treon takes place in the spring. Excellent.
Now it REALLY feels like 1980 with all those ballyhooed freshmen and Peace taking the reigns.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
From the Gator Country link, the PED suspension wouldn't apply to his time at a JC, so he could play all of 2016 at a JC. However, the suspension would kick back in as soon as he transferred back up to FBS, so he'd miss the first half of 2017.

Then he'll only have his senior season left. What. An. Idiot.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From the Gator Country link, the PED suspension wouldn't apply to his time at a JC, so he could play all of 2016 at a JC. However, the suspension would kick back in as soon as he transferred back up to FBS, so he'd miss the first half of 2017.

It's nuts that the NCAA penalty doesn't even matter at the JC level.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
From the article posted earlier, it sounds like if he goes JC he can play right away. He has to sit out six more D1 games at some point. So next year he could start game one for East Jesus Polytechnic Basketweaving College. Then when he transfers to the fighting Chimps of lesser Carolina, he has to sit out those six games.

He should just play JC next year and then go in the draft.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Don't take this as gospel but I've heard and seen a few places Will and Hardin may have a cocaine habit. May be a factor if true.
Even if true (and it could also be prescription drugs - i.e. oxy) I have to believe his family would have put a stop to it by now. That's not something that gets better with time.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@pat_dooley: Told Will Grier felt like he wasn't in UF's plans next season. That's biggest reason he decided to transfer.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
On Dec 6th I posted he was gone. My source was a old man that has inside
connections. He has been right many times in the past. Everyone made fun
on my post. More should be coming out in the near future. In the long term
we might be glad he is gone.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It looks like recruits are bombarding Dwayne Haskins since Will's announcement:

Several #Gators commits are tweeting at Dwayne Haskins now. @dh_simba7 is very popular among his peers

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
@pat_dooley: Told Will Grier felt like he wasn't in UF's plans next season. That's biggest reason he decided to transfer.
i.e. They weren't going to hand me the starting job when I got back. Boohoo.

2uqc5lu.jpg

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014

No sh**, Sherlock. I don't think Mac would have inserted him game 7. I really think Mac is comfortable with Del Rio, Jr.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
Too bad. He had the potential to be the SEC top QB and one of Floridas greatest. Its a real shame to see a talented young man screw himself up so badly. Oh well, on to the next!

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I don't understand this unless he really was having issues with drugs... his best bet is to go to an FCS school. He can't transfer in the SEC or to a future UF opponent from what I understand.

Goodbye Will... we barely knew the

EyeDocGator

Politically Incorrect
Lifetime Member
Oct 26, 2015

Who's fault was that dumbA$$. For some reason I felt relieved as soon as I saw the news. Grier is a head case in the making. We will be better off without him. Del Rio doesn't have to be great; he just has to be a game manager who can complete some passes. Next year will be awesome.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
@ZachAbolverdi: Harris would transfer before he switches positions

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online