Will Jacksonville come back to bite UF or UGA in the butt one of these years?

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Just beat the Leghumpers.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The SEC right now is a boost for teams getting an at large berth into the playoffs. This may even be more important as the playoffs expand to 8 teams and there is more opportunity for conference teams who are not conference champs to get in.

But notice that during the four team playoffs the two non-conference champ non independent teams to get in were UAL and Ohio State. What they had in common those years is they did not get win their conference championship because they did not win their division due to losing a close game on the road.

If some year UF v. UGa loser is in position for an at large bid, they will have lost a neutral site game not a home game and their argument for a bid will be weaker than were the series home and home and the loser was the road team. Any worries here that this could be an issue in the future?

I doubt it matters. Bama and OSU got in over 2 loss conference champs. The committee has shown that matters big time.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
I doubt it matters. Bama and OSU got in over 2 loss conference champs. The committee has shown that matters big time.

Another reason there will likely be auto bids and not let a committee go with brand names over teams that earn it.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Zambo brings some sense to the table........

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone have any tips for mounting a TV on a stone fireplace? Should I remove the stone and mount to studs behind it or drill through the stones and then go through the studs?
Speaking from experience, you don’t have to remove any stones, get a masonry drill bit and mount from there you can also run the cables through the backside. Done it.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Another reason there will likely be auto bids and not let a committee go with brand names over teams that earn it.

They will probably make those 5 auto bids but I wonder if there shouldn't be a rule that if the conference champ has 3 losses or more they can be left out for an at large team that ranked well ahead of them.

I was on the fence with those 2 non-champs getting in. I would have put OSU in over Penn State etc. due to having one less loss but since OSU had the better wins resume I would have put them in over Bama last season despite the extra loss.

Last edited:

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Anyone have any tips for mounting a TV
fc695739c95e7f0b958bc84e7e99783f7b6b8b39518e66e9abe5a7c1e81e29cb_1.gif

just trying to help.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online